I actually really enjoyed my stay at the Alcazar, and there is only one reason they get only three stars: my “mountain view” room had NO mountain view!! I complained immediately, thinking they just put me in the wrong room, and was told “all of that building is considered mountain view. And we are fully booked so we can’t switch you.” Okay… but it’s NOT mountain view!! How can you “consider” it mountain view when you cannot view the mountains?? I was really angry because the mountain view king rooms are some of the most expensive non-suite rooms. If you have booked a mountain view room, CALL THEM and make sure you are going to be on the TOP floor of the “mountain view” building. Or, just book a poolside with a jacuzzi instead. That’s what I would have done if I was aware I was LIED to.
We also could not connect to the internet, however we never complained to them about that so I couldn’t tell you if it would have been easily fixed or what. Still pretty annoying though. Other than that, I liked this place and the room. The bed was soooo comfortable. We had a nice fireplace (but note to staff, please get instructions!! I nearly blew my face off by turning the gas on too high) and a good, new TV with a little desk and a fridge for booze. Judging from the pictures, the rooms are all decorated quite differently. Ours looked like it still had furniture from the Peppertree days, it was light-colored wood, with lamps with a woodsy theme. I really liked the décor, it reminded me of Cape Cod without the seashell crap everywhere. Bathroom and shower were huge and the showerhead was nice.
Pool area was never crowded, in fact there were hardly ever people in the actual pool, and we only once had to wait for the hot tub. The hot tub was awesome considering it was a bit cloudy and cool a lot of the time we were there. I wish I took advantage of the floating chaises for the pool while it was sunny! When it cooled down they heated the pool perfectly. The poolside chaises facing the sun filled up, but I never had a problem getting one or just moving one into the sun! The day we left there were KIDS playing around in the pool and honestly had I been staying that day I would have been really annoyed. Alcazar should not bill itself as an adult hotel if there are kids. Duh. I would stay at Best Western or something if I wanted a ruckus around me all day.
The location is great, right in the middle of everything, you can walk to about a zillion restaurants and there was a cute little art fair the weekend we were there too. We did try Birba, I have to say I wasn’t that impressed, but I’m from the east coast and we just have better pizza there. =) We never went to Cheeky’s as I’m not really down for waiting an hour or more for brunch. I mean, really?? We had Blue Coyote Mexican for lunch one day, also drove about a mile down for all-day happy hour at Lulu’s, which was awesome, $5 cocktails whaattt. And go to Woody’s for the live jazz!! I was so surprised by that place! It looks like a little counter diner but there’s a back room with live jazz and super cheap beers and burgers. The best meal we had there! It’s like maybe a 10 minute walk south on Indian Canyon.
This is not yet a four- or five-star place. But, I would totally come back here next time I’m in Palm Springs, as it’s probably of the best values you can get. Super comfy rooms, great location, just make sure you are getting what you paid for re the “mountain view.” And really hope there are no children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2011 this 34 room boutique hotel, formally known as the Pepper Tree Inn, has undergone an exquisite redesign. Modern & sleek, featuring imported Italian Linens, flat screen TV's, fireplaces, poolside patios and Mountain View's. This is the third addition to Birba and Cheeky's restaurant family - making the triangle complete. Current hotel amenities include Coffee/Espresso/Tea/Juice/pastries, Townie Bikes, Business center and wireless internet throughout. Adjoining property offers breakfast, lunch, dinner, cocktails and a hotel all in the heart of the super hip uptown design district! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Alcazar Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alcazar Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Pepper Tree Palm Springs
- Pepper Tree Hotel Palm Springs