The Alcazar Palm Springs was another hotel that was completely redone in 2011. The grounds are beautiful with the rooms surrounding the pool and a spa area. The lounges are comfortable and has a fabulous view of the mountains. There is a wall that is like a waterfall in the courtyard area and on another planter type area, volcanic rock that is fired in the evening. The trees are lite and there are blooming flowers all over that smell great. Very romantic grounds. The hotel is connected to Cheekys for breakfast and lunch (always crowded) and Birba which is a bar with limited dinner menu. Both were good and the drinks at Birba were unique and very tasty however service was slow in both places.
The rooms are probably the one area I had problems with. First they are all white and look very clean and sterile. Plantation shutters and glass brick accent walls keep the unit very bright. We had a king courtyard room #17 and it was very very noisy. Later I asked the front desk about the noisy rooms and clearly she had been told this before as she provided a map that showed the rooms to stay away from (rooms 15-19/wall backs into Indian Cyn. Drive; and also rooms 40-45 because they get the noise from the restaurants). The air conditioning was also pretty noisy when it turned on (automatic but wall units). The rooms had a bed, one wooden chair and a chest of drawers. The TV was hung on the wall and was very nice. However, the room would have been so much nicer with a small couch or some comfortable chairs. The rooms were plenty big enough to accomodate this addition. All and all, it was a beautiful hotel that I would stay in again if I could stay away from the rooms I noted above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2011 this 34 room boutique hotel, formally known as the Pepper Tree Inn, has undergone an exquisite redesign. Modern & sleek, featuring imported Italian Linens, flat screen TV's, fireplaces, poolside patios and Mountain View's. This is the third addition to Birba and Cheeky's restaurant family - making the triangle complete. Current hotel amenities include Coffee/Espresso/Tea/Juice/pastries, Townie Bikes, Business center and wireless internet throughout. Adjoining property offers breakfast, lunch, dinner, cocktails and a hotel all in the heart of the super hip uptown design district! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Alcazar Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alcazar Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Pepper Tree Palm Springs
- Pepper Tree Hotel Palm Springs