“room was not as cool as photo”

Alcazar Palm Springs
Ranked #16 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 4 September 2012

so that was my only real dissapointment..as their neighboring restaurants are so cool and have the great HIPNESS factor that I would expect from the owners...but the room was clean, AC worked great and the location was a huge PLUS. I would return again, I would just ask more details about the room when booking.

Room Tip: don't go off photos's...ours was not ANYTHING like we saw and thought...so smart to ask when...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KGB1023
There are newer reviews for Alcazar Palm Springs

Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and I stayed for three nights (Friday-Monday) in mid August at this hotel. They had a special running that if you stayed 2 weekend nights your third night was free! Even if that was not the case, rooms are quite affordable for a hotel in the downtown area. We had a great time. The hotel is not too big (only 32 rooms) so it was very quiet and relaxed. We booked a deluxe pool side room and got just that. The room was nice and bright with a huge bathroom that had a jacuzzi in it! The bed was comfortable and we had no trouble sleeping while there. The room was always clean when we went back after an afternoon at the pool. The pool was super clean and saltwater as well. There were never that many people around the pool so plenty of chairs and shade were always available. The thing we really enjoyed was being able to take your own drinks out to the pool area without being bothered by management. People had both beer and mixed drinks out while swimming and laying out. That being said, no one was out of control or loud. It is definetly a place for adults, there is not much for kids to do on the property which was perfect for us! There is coffee and pastries available in the front office every morning which was a nice added touch.
The main strip with shopping and dining is about 6 or 7 blocks down the street. There are some good restaurants and fun shops to look in. It was nice being so close to the main action of Palm Springs.
The first night we were there the power went out due to extremely high temperatures in the area. We walked up to the front office and they had lanterns and flashlights ready for us to use! The staff was freindly and very helpful.
I would totally recommend this hotel to people looking for a quiet, smallish hotel that is clean and has all the basics. We will definetly be returning!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cancunkitty
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This hotel has potential but a mediocre staff and lack of attention to detail keeps this property from reaching it's ultimate achievement for gracious hospitality.
We encountered an arrogant princess desk clerk who outright lied about the room we were assigned-oh well, she did have perfect nails, large breasts and an equally small IQ-you can't have everything!
Our room was small and did not have a dresser or chest of drawers-not fun for four days living out of your suitcase!
Our shower head had broken away from the wall plaster and would not stay in one place-nit picking but come on, why allow this kind of shoddy detail to exist?
The location is stellar and the prices are good so all in all it's not a bad place and could be a great place!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel recently and found it to be very clean, with friendly hotle staff who are always happy to help you out. We had a lovely mountain view of from our room, the room was clean and the housekeeping was of a high standard. The evening was also enjoyable as the trees in the courtyard are all lit up with lovely white lights and the water effect wall near the swimming pool is a nice feature too. The swimming pool was clean and nice to use especially on an evening after having a hot day in the sun.

The only dissappointment was the loss of electricity which was beyond the hotel staff's control, but just wish they had knocked on all the doors to let people know what was going on.

Room Tip: We had a king deluxe on the top floor with a mountain view and this was very good.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We had a large mountain view room with fireplace and very private patio- the room was super clean and the grounds are magical at night with twinkle lights in the trees and large glass wall fountains. The hotel is walking distance to several great resturants- a wonderful Palm Springs getaway!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We reserved a deluxe king pool side suite. We entered the room and the mildewed carpet smell hit us, strange side room contained a jacuzzi tub, not our style. I asked for another room which they happily gave me, this one was smaller, but much better, white all over, clean, private feeling with a little patio off the back.
Pool was chill, pretty landscaping. Pool chairs were a bit on the cheap side, and ill fitting for anyone over 6 ft.
I liked the convenience of being in town, but with the quiet resort atmosphere. Cheeky's and Burba were closed for the summer, which may have made it quieter.
If they keep the price down this place will last, but too many DIY/ikea touches for it to be anywhere near the $200-$300 range.

Room Tip: Room # s 28-30 have private patios off the back
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank velogal
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I had a horrible night here - something reminiscent of a horror film. When I checked in Iwas so happy with my room. It appeared clean and was nicely appointed. I got a two queen bed room as I had my two kids traveling with me. All was well until about 10pm when I got up to use the bathroom. It took me a while to find the light switch but when I turned on light I was horrified to see huge roaches swarming the bathroom. I'm not just talking 1 lone bug, but at least ten. My kids were asleep so I attempted to call the front desk to ask for a room change. No answer, despite their paper saying their office is open til midnight. I then called their after hours/security line.... No answer!!! I had to carry my sleepy children in my arms to walk to the office in hopes of finding help. No one was there! In desperation I packed up our belongings and we got in the car and left. There was no way I would be sleeping in a room full of roaches. I will be demanding a refund!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank SherryNB
Allen S, General Manager at Alcazar Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

I and the Alcazar staff apologized for your unpleasant experience. The water bugs are also referred to as palm beetles. On the day you arrived the exterior property was ​being sprayed and the past week our palm trees were all having their seasonal pruning. Alcazar's front desk hours are 8am -10pm with an additional emergency number posted at the front door. We will be adding a second sign on the side entrance of the office with an additional number. We gladly will credit you for your one night stay and offer you a free night if you would like to give Alcazar a second try.
Best Regards,