Hotel?! I don't think so. The Alcazar no more than a motel of the cheapest design covered in white paint. Many of the hotels in Palm Springs are remodeled motels, however, Alcazar is an epic fail on every level. I was stunned when we arrived and found our room was a sterile box with a bed and a cheap IKEA desk. The bathroom was awkward and again total sterile. We were unimpressed to find cockroaches in the bathroom on two occasions, stained towels, and a mold-stink shower curtain that reeked. The rooms lack any basic "amenities" - that is if you consider a safe and coffee pot to be luxury items, I don't, I consider them standard. Alcazar offers NO amenities in terms of food, drink, or service. The pool towels were constantly out and we (along with other guests) had to ask the 1 staff member to replenish them. There was a jug of warm water and plastic cups poolside but that is it. I get it, you don't have a restaurant , bar or liquor license - but if you're going to up-sell people so hard on the website then at least offer some service! Even my most even keeled bf noted several times how dumpy the pool was and how different the reality of the motel was verses the website.
When we checked out the 1 staff member didn't ask us how our stay was or if we had enjoyed our weekend. Again, a fail on customer service.
I have been going to Palm Springs since I was a child, I am a loyal customer to places/people, but feel totally duped by the Alcazar website. It particularly sucked since it was my bf's & my anniversary, however, instead of enjoying a romantic weekend at a boutique hotel we felt like we were stuck at a desert hostel.
With so many other great actual HOtels in the area, don't waste your time or money at Alcazar...total dumpy joke.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2011 this 34 room boutique hotel, formally known as the Pepper Tree Inn, has undergone an exquisite redesign. Modern & sleek, featuring imported Italian Linens, flat screen TV's, fireplaces, poolside patios and Mountain View's. This is the third addition to Birba and Cheeky's restaurant family - making the triangle complete. Current hotel amenities include Morning fresh pastries from Cheeky's, Coffee/Espresso/Tea/Juice, Townie Bikes, Business center and wireless internet throughout. Adjoining property offers breakfast, lunch, dinner, cocktails and a hotel all in the heart of the super hip uptown design district! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alcazar Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alcazar Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Pepper Tree Palm Springs
- Pepper Tree Hotel Palm Springs