“Very friendly, outstanding service, beautiful property”
Review of Avanti Hotel

Avanti Hotel
Ranked #6 of 20 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 March 2013

My partner and I had a wonderful stay here to celebrate New Year's. Avanti is a small, lovely, immaculately maintained property- the rooms are beautifully furnished, the beds are very comfortable, and all rooms have private terraces as well as the shared pool and hot tub areas. Jim, the owner, is the BEST! Very personable, friendly and helpful- he and his partner Bonnie provided great restaurant recommendations, interesting information about Palm Springs history, and great conversation at the complimentary Happy Hour cocktails every evening. Avanti is tucked away from the main downtown area so it's nice and quiet, but still within walking distance to great restaurants, shopping and attractions. We had a wonderful time there, and will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 March 2013

This place was such a great find that I would go back at the regular price. I found in by using a discounted coupon and loved every minute of it. The hosts, Jim and Bonnie, were so accommodating that it was hard to believe they were the "hosts". They had a great continental breakfast that you could sit out by the pool, read the current paper and enjoy a lovely breakfast. They also had a wonderful cocktail hour which was refreshing. Our room was beautiful with a lovely welcome basket. The jacuzzi was almost like our own since it was right behind our room and no one seemed to use it. The only problem was that we could hear the neighbors t.v. through the walls, but overall, it was a diamond in the rough.....just darling and a great location.

Room Tip: We had room number 5 and loved the size and location of it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ltpvb
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We needed a get away sans kids with warm weather and decided on Palm Springs. After a lenghty search looking for just the 'right' place for a cozy, relaxing weekend we stumbled upon Avanti Hotel. I'm so glad we did! From the inviting pool area, private hot tub, complimentary happy hour, continental breakfast and extremely clean and nicely decorated rooms, it is clear this boutique hotel is well cared for. This was our first time experiencing a smaller hotel and we were very pleased. I don't think we'll go back to BIG hotel/resorts again after our experience with Avanti. The owners were friendly and attentive and paid great attention to the 'little' details. They definitely added up! We very much enjoyed ourselves and hope to be back soon! Thank you Avanti!

Room Tip: We stayed in a studio and thought we would need more room, but we didn't. It was perfect! We did...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I found this Hotel with the help of my fellow "TripAdvisors", and they were spot on!
Located in the NorthWest end of town, it's a delightful little place that just screams "Welcome!"
We walked through the double frosted-glass doors, and the owners, Jim and Bonnie were right in the middle of the nightly (and included) happy hour.
Bonnie offered my Fiance some Champagne, and Jim hands me an ice-cold Modello, this before we even checked in! Perfect after that Friday afternoon drive from Orange County!
Now the Hotel IS pet-Friendly, but there aren't like dogs running all over the place.....mainly the owner's little white mop-dog making the rounds, and making friends.
The room we had (6), was very well appointed...full kitchen (this is the only room with a FULL kitchen), a nice patio in the back, very comfortable bed...and old black and white movies playing silently on the big plasma TV when we walked in...very stylish!
No children under 16 made for a peaceful atmosphere...a nice little pool, high-end loungers with nice yellow umbrellas, gas-rock outdoor firepit, a very relaxing enviroment to unwind in.
Sunday came too soon,and after the daily (also included) breakfast of fuits, cereals, toasts bagels, juices...ect, the other guests started checking out. Jim came by my lounger and invited me to "stay longer...as it was such a nice day".
But...we also had to return to the "real world'.
We will be back very soon.

Room Tip: Room 6 has a full kitchen which we really didn't use...all the rooms face the pool. There is no...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2013

My big problem with the Avanti hotel? I might never be satisfied staying at a chain hotel again. Yes, they spoiled us that badly.

Stayed here a couple weeks ago when we needed a quick getaway and wanted to bring our two elderly Australian Shepherds. We chose the Avanti based on Yelpers' feedback and I made a reservation. They were businesslike on the phone and I arrived expecting a nice stay, but I was unprepared for the extent to which Jim and his staff would extend the welcome mat. Seriously, these people treat you as though you're a personal guest in their home. Cucumber water and a dog bowl at the front door, complimentary treats in the room for both people and canines, nice robes hanging in the closet for our use, and a nice jacuzzi with towels everywhere. They even have an ice chest next to the pool stocked with water and soft drinks, and you're invited to help yourself... no charge. Given that most places with charge $3 for a bottle of water from the minibar, that's HUGE. Jim is very active on the property, and we got to chat a bit in the evenings. The hotel seems like a labor of love for this family, and you really get the sense that he enjoys what he does.

The rooms, by the way, are very nicely appointed, and ours had a cute little patio outside that allowed us (and especially the dogs) to go in and out. The pool is on the smallish side (visit the Palm Desert Aquatic Center if you're looking for lap swimming), but it's a VERY cool place to hang out at night. And the spa, especially, is a terrific place to relax after a day hiking or checking out the town.

So, if you're looking for a nice, relaxing place where people know you by name and are glad you're there, check out the Avanti. If your dog is a part of your family and is coming along on the trip, then you absolutely need to stay here. :-)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leanne P
Reviewed 24 November 2012

This was my first experience in a boutique hotel and I would stay here again. Enjoyed meeting other hotel guests poolside where breakfast and happy hour were served. The rooms were decorated in a contempory design and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel for people visiting Palm Springs for an extended stay because some of the rooms have fully stocked kitchens.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Debbie C
Reviewed 24 October 2012

My finacee and I stayed here on the weekend of October 13th, 2012 with our two fur kids, Elliot and Tater. Jim and Bonnie were awesome. They were very dog friendly: giving our dogs treats when we checked in, dogs lying by us poolside and hot tub while we swam/lounged/drank adult beverages, and were even very friendly despite Elliot deciding to hike his leg on some decor. They were also very friendly with helping us find dog friendly restaurants and also the dog park. Despite their rules saying no dogs left alone in your room, Jim and Bonnie never expressly scolded us for doing so, thus allowing us to hit the town at night.

For the rest of the hotel, the pool and rooms are great. The private back patio is very nice as is the kitchen. The hotel offered free breakfast and free happy hour. Yes, free happy hour. And no cheap tequila, Jim had 1800. Thumbs up for that. The pool area is intimate with others in the hotel due to the smallish size and close proximity to the rooms. I found the small size to be more cozy and fun...we were able to make friends with neighbors and fellow pool goers and have a good time. Finally, hotel offers free non-alcoholic beverages: sodas, water, flavored water, etc. Makes it nice. We grabbed some vodka and maker's mark and used the soda/flavored water as mixers and drank from the cans poolside.

Only two negatives: (1) The air conditions. Stating the obvious, Palm Springs is hot. The only AC is a tiny window unit you have to pump on full blast to cool the place down. And I use the term "cool" very loosely. (2) Location. It's not quite walking distance to downtown so you need a cab/car to get there.

I would happily and eagerly stay here again. If you're looking for pet friendly hotel, this is by far the best I've ever stayed at from here to Illinois. Even if you don't own a pet, still a top notch hotel worthy of staying a few nights.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple