“Great little hotel for a great little getaway”
Review of Avanti Hotel

Avanti Hotel
Ranked #6 of 23 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Southern California
“Great little hotel for a great little getaway”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My wife and I needed a getaway from the stresses of work and kids for a long weekend and came across the Avanti based on reviews. I must say that we were very happy with our three night stay.
Check in was easy and we received a brief tour from Bonnie. Complimentary snacks in the room, and water and sodas by the pool was a big plus. The room itself was very nice, wood floors, tiled bath, flat screen TV – all the amenities you would expect a modern hotel to have. The private patio out back was great, we enjoyed breakfast each morning out there. I do have to say that the wall A/C units were very loud. And although I can sleep through earthquakes, sirens you name it, I had a hard time sleeping here. The beds were nice enough, but maybe it was the combo of the extra loud A/C and super sheer curtains letting the sun in that did it. Not sure. Also would be nice if the TV were able to get HD channels. You have these nice 42 inch TVs playing basic cable taking up ½ of the screen. But we weren’t there to watch TV so no biggie.

The pool area is fantastic! Plenty of loungers with great custom towels on them. Plenty of areas for sun or shade and lots of fresh towels available. It isn’t the biggest pool in the world, but more than enough for a place with 11 rooms. My wife and I enjoyed the private spa area as well each night. Even though the hotel was booked, we were the only ones there each night.

Service was definitely top notch! If I had to nitpick, I would have liked to be a little closer to the action downtown. It is about a mile and half walk, which is rough in the summer. On the plus side, the street the hotel is on is very quiet – so you take the good with the bad.

I would highly recommend the Avanti! Thanks Jim and Bonnie!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ericu33

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 14 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Avanti in early March and really enjoyed it. Location is great and quiet. The breakfast offers plenty of options and having water and other beverages available at the pool was a nice plus. We used the bikes one day and rode to the Albertson's for some groceries and walked into town for dinner. Jim and Bonnie were super and we looked forward to happy hour :) We missed not having our dog with us, so we enjoyed visits from Maya. Would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank equuscrazy
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 April 2013

MY Husband and I ended an 8 month drive across the USA with a very pleasant stay at the Avanti Hotel.. We most appreciated the thought they put into ensuring a pleasurable stay.. They had several free snacks in our room,along with water and robes. They had bikes and helmets available at no charge. A basket full of soft drinks and water was to poolside. Every evening they offered complementary margaritas, wine and beer. The owners are polite and friendly. We reluct tantly left to return to the real world.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Encinomom
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My GF and I, along with another couple just spent the weekend at The Avanti. We will definitely stay there again. Jim and Bonnie are most accommodating, the place is clean and secure (being on the end of a cul-de-sac just off one of the main drags) and just generally has a great vibe. The units surround the pool and access to the facility is locked at all times. Beds are super comfy and access to pool and hot tub is 24/7. Happy Hour every evening between 5-6pm, just hanging by the pool and sipping a lovely adult beverage. Did I mention no kids!!?? At all times, there is an ice chest of bottled water, various cold teas and other beverages available as part of the amenities. Decent selection for the continental breakfast and lots to do in the surrounding area. Only real downside is it's not very close walking distance to downtown but we felt this minor inconvenience was more than offset by the seclusion, peace and quiet afforded by this location. If you are looking for a clean, safe and quiet place to stay while in the Palm Springs area, you would be hard pressed to do better than The Avanti.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
North Hollywood, California, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My recent 2 night stay while attending a local conference went so much better thanks to my stay at Avanti. Really! It was so nice to be greeted by name by the managers and served a margarita after a long day! Plus they let you enjoy the jacuzzi or pool at any hour so you don't feel rushed. There are so many nice touches that you don't want to leave. That is why i already made my reservations for next year! I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: I recommend the rooms with the separate kitchen. It is a nice extra that you end up using even if y...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Susan H
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 16 March 2013

My partner and I had a wonderful stay here to celebrate New Year's. Avanti is a small, lovely, immaculately maintained property- the rooms are beautifully furnished, the beds are very comfortable, and all rooms have private terraces as well as the shared pool and hot tub areas. Jim, the owner, is the BEST! Very personable, friendly and helpful- he and his partner Bonnie provided great restaurant recommendations, interesting information about Palm Springs history, and great conversation at the complimentary Happy Hour cocktails every evening. Avanti is tucked away from the main downtown area so it's nice and quiet, but still within walking distance to great restaurants, shopping and attractions. We had a wonderful time there, and will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
West Hills,Calif
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This place was such a great find that I would go back at the regular price. I found in by using a discounted coupon and loved every minute of it. The hosts, Jim and Bonnie, were so accommodating that it was hard to believe they were the "hosts". They had a great continental breakfast that you could sit out by the pool, read the current paper and enjoy a lovely breakfast. They also had a wonderful cocktail hour which was refreshing. Our room was beautiful with a lovely welcome basket. The jacuzzi was almost like our own since it was right behind our room and no one seemed to use it. The only problem was that we could hear the neighbors t.v. through the walls, but overall, it was a diamond in the rough.....just darling and a great location.

Room Tip: We had room number 5 and loved the size and location of it.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple