“Fantastic Boutique Hotel!”

Ranked #7 of 23 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Stanwood, Washington
“Fantastic Boutique Hotel!”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My wife and I just arrived home from a few days in Palm Springs. We stayed at the Avanti Hotel. To describe this hotel in a word, AWESOME! This was by far the best small boutique hotel we have ever stayed. The look and feel of this hotel is fantastic. The rooms are very well decorated and furnished and the place is absolutely spotless! Each room opens to the pool area which provides a great place to lounge in peace and quiet. Surprising, considering that the hotel is only blocks away from great shopping and restaurants. The owners and staff make you feel welcomed from the second you arrive. If you are looking for a great hotel with a quiet and charming atmosphere, then this is the place! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gawesty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Los Olivos, California
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We escaped to Palm Springs for four days to see the Richard Diebenkorn Exhibit at the Palm Springs Art Museum, do some sight-seeing and shopping, and generally relax. We enjoyed a very comfortable stay in the Classic Queen Suite No. 11 which had everything we needed and, by the second day, began to feel like home. The amenities were excellent and Jim and the others made our stay a real pleasure. We always travel with our 12 year old Golden Retriever, Louie, and so the "Pet Friendly" policy was a bonus. We'll definitely stay at the Avanti again on our next trip to P.S.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BikeMonkey2
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I were in town for a cheer competition the last weekend in January. From the moment we arrived, we were impressed by the look and feel of this hotel. The way we were so warmly greeted by Joey and the other gentleman (whose name escapes me at this moment...I'm so embarrassed) was stellar.

The hot spiced apple cider that was located near the office in the evenings along with the FREE Happy Hour were pleasant surprises to say the least. The property is kept spotless. I have not one complaint about the condition of the property or our room. We loved all of it.

The extra perks that come with a boutique hotel cannot be beat. The hospitality at Avanti is absolutely fabulous! I couldn't be happier that we chose Avanti for our stay. Next time we're in Palm Springs, we will stay at Avanti again. Thank you guys for being so awesome...my daughter and I are grateful!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank FitRN
JimR978, General Manager at Avanti Hotel, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Thank you for the nice review. How did Sahari do in the meet. There was no mention of the meet in Monday's local paper.
Carmel Valley, California
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. We liked the fact that this hotel is very quiet yet close to downtown and all of the action. Our room was spacious and comfortable and all the amenities offered were very nice. This hotel is an older property that has been renovated so it is a nice mix of retro and modern. One reviewer did not like the small pool, but we thought it was great, its a small hotel, the whole vibe is intimate and feels like we found the best kept secret in Palm Springs!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was anxious to find out if this boutique hotel was really as good as advertised. Avanti is the antithesis of the large chain hotels, thanks to a very personalized approach from owner Jim and the other staff. I loved the little touches........24-hour bottled water & drinks, a lovely low-key breakfast selection of coffee / tea / orange juice, cereals, fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, bagels etc. Additional amenities included individual robes to enjoy wear while walking over to the jacuzzi and a nice flat screen TV. The property has a nice laid back vibe, and I personally really enjoyed the fact that I could walk out of my room and flop down on a lounge chair without having to go thru a hotel lobby or walk down an endless corridor. The rooms were comfortable & the bed was great. I loved the rain shower, and enjoyed the fact that you have your own little court yard outside your room. We spent an entire day just hanging out around the pool.....a most relaxing an enjoyable experience. I appreciated their assortment of daily newspapers and current magazines. So is the Avanti overrated? In my opinion no. I am hard pressed to believe you'll find a boutique hotel that offers this level of personalized service and amenities at this nightly rate in this part of Palm Springs. We will definitely be back..

Room Tip: If you get room 88 don't eat the 'oranges' on the back patio. They taste like lemons:)
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ray B
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My husband and I visited this hotel and we have slightly different views of the experience. He thinks it is great for a couples getaway, loved the room with the kitchenette and amenities. I found the pool a bit small, and was not fond of the darkly painted rooms. They were comfortable and spacious, but I visit Palm Springs for the sunshine and prefer bright rooms. Both of us felt that the management was wonderful, checking in on you without being overbearing. Overall, we both enjoyed our time there, finding the Avanti to have a relaxed and comfortable vibe.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Metaline Falls, Washington
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Avanti is a lovely boutique motel, with outstanding hospitality! We appreciated the special touches - snacks and drinks, use of Avanti's bicycles, suggestions for sightseeing, great breakfast and happy hour - all complimentary! Jim goes out of his way to welcome each guest and is a great resource on fun things to do and see in Palm Springs! The pool and fire pit were absolutely lovely!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple