“I am happy they changed things”
Review of Asian Bistro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Asian Bistro
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 5 March 2013

This was my 3 visit to the Asian Bistro, I though it might be my last, but low and behold, things have changed for the better.

First they have lowered the lighting so its not longer bright like a TSA checkpoint. Though they still have the changing led rope light that is just out of place, but less intrusive so I'll let it slide.

We ordered up steamed dumplings, broccoli and beef, and pad thai. The steamed dumplings were very tasty along with the small salad with a ginger dressing. Very yummy, though the filling was on the light side, tasty but I would have liked a little more.

The Beef and Broccoli was great, not too much soy sauce like many California Chinese restaurants tend to do. And this time the place was not ice cold cooling off the food too fast.

The Pad Thai was perfect, The first two visits the Pad Thai came out bright pink noodles with no sauce and just a few veggies. This time it was beautifully plated, bean spouts on one side, shredded carrots and peanuts bits on the other side and the noodles and meat in the middle. It was tasty and because of the positive changes I will be back.

I can over look the pine board decor if the food is good. I really don't understand the knotty pine wood on the walls, but if that is what they want - ok, with the better lighting its less noticeable.

1  Thank Andrew W

Reviewed 12 February 2013

We went for lunch and found the variety and price of the lunch specials appealing. I had the Pad Thai (very good) and my companion had the Peanut Chicken which was OK. Portions were ample and staff were very helpful with fast service. Had two appetizers which were the only draw back - salad rolls had no shrimp in them and steamed dumplings which were not anything special - small portion as well. So my advice would be jsut to go for the lunch specials and leave it at that.

1  Thank BuffaloLake