“Excellent unique restaurant.”

Cuisines: Irish, British
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The Lyons is decked out like an old English Tudor Inn. Very nice, excellent staff, great food. I had prime rib which was top notch. After dinner my Mum and I had cocktails in the lounge and enjoyed the live entertainment, a talented singer very much in the Nat King Cole style. When we moved to the lounge my Mum had left her glasses and case at the dinner table. Our waiter, Mark, found them and took them to the front where my Mum was able to retrieve her glasses from the Maitre De. When we got back to Vancouver we found that not only had Mark retrieved the glasses, he had taken the time to make a long distance call to my Mums house and ask if we would like the glasses sent on!! Above and beyond I'd say. I'd recommend this place to anyone going to Palm Springs. It is a few blocks down the road from the main hub in the center of town but well worth checking out.

1  Thank jandm9002
There are newer reviews for Lyons English Grille

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We enjoyed our fine dining at this lovely restaurant and the unique English décor. The lights are dim and add to the relaxing ambiance. First we sat at the long bar overlooking one of the dining rooms and enjoyed drinks, Crown Press. We only order prime rib because it is the best at Lyon’s English Grill, full of flavor. Dining there, you feel like an English King, LOL. Staff is very nice and remember us repeat customers. Jan. & March 2014 we had the pleasure to meet the 100 year old owner; we complimented him on the beautiful décor and ambience and food. Evening entertainment was excellent with a guy that can sound like Nat King Cole, but more modern.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We turned up without a reservation on a thursday night & the guy at the door asked if we had booked & disappeared off, only to return a minute or so later & usher us through to a almost totally empty restaurant & bar. It was not an appealing environment & welcome was distinctly lacking.
The decor is very dated & the whole place had an air of neglect. As we were tired we decided to stay & ordered Caesar salads. These arrived & were perhaps the most tasteless I have ever had & with the toughest lettuce leaves! The only plus was the live music from a couple of performers, one of which I think was one of the waiters, who belted out a couple of power ballads & included dramatic flourishes & gestures ( my husband said he appeared to wipe away a tear at the end of one song!)- great! But not enough for us to return.

1  Thank southlondonerSE27
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Staying at a nearby hotel and, being English, it was suggested we should go to Lyons. It's remarkably kitsch and very well worth a visit. It's got a lot of English things that are thrown everywhere which makes it a great place to walk around whilst waiting for the food. You name it and they have it; Toby Jugs, stain glass windows, punch cartoons, tankards, copper jugs, coats of arms, pictures of the Queen, it's all there. The waiters obviously take great pride in the place and as it was a slow Monday night I was shown around-marvellous!
It's obviously a locals bar that has three dining rooms so it's up to you whether you go into the bar or the dining room. The food was excellent but curious to find a rather good Yorkshire pudding termed a "popover". If you are the south end of Palm Springs you won't be disappointed with a visit and the size of the Early Bird portions (4.30-6.00) makes me seriously wonder just how big the standard menu must be!

1  Thank malsville36
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This was the last night of our holiday so wanted to have a drink as well and this was the nearest restuarant to our hotel glad it was.
The place is very decorative and quirky typically English definatly not but pleasant all the same, we were given pate as complimentary also Yorkshire Puddings nearly full before mains arrived.
My wife chose a stuffed Chicken Breast which she said was delicious I had a Steak and Kidney Pie which was served in a skillet and freshley baked, our waiter Victor was very good and when he knocked my water over me gave me a free pint of ale.
There was also a singer who specialised in Nat King Cole songs which made the whole even very special.

1  Thank robhiam