“Please close already........”
Review of Lyons English Grille - CLOSED

Lyons English Grille
Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Palm Springs, California
“Please close already........”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Food is awful, lighting and setting is gross. I cannot stand this place and being British I hate the fact they try to even cook British food. Totally..............vomit really.

Visited May 2014

Dundee, Scotland
“Horrible”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Only visited to have drinks at the bar before going for dinner elsewhere. Our American friends thought it would be cool since we are British.
As soon as you walk through the front door the smell hits you..old folks home!!!
At first it's quite funny how 'English' it is but then it is a bit overwhelming with tacky memorabilia everywhere you look.
The place is very dark with a lounge singer who is bordering on scary. I really don't like to be sung to by a complete stranger especially when he can't even sing.
The bar man said there was no cocktail menu available but he could make us what we wanted...strange so I opted for a g&t! My friend asked for a grey goose but was told there wasn't any when we could all clearly see the bottle behind the bar.
To say it was a quick drink would be an understatement.
At least we got to meet Mr Lyon himself who had just celebrated his 100th Birthday

Palm Springs, California
“How Sad!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We have gone to Lyons a number of times over many years. On our most recent visit, we stopped mainly because other restaurants along our route home were crowded and Lyons was not. There are a number of reasons for that, the main one being the food... Salad was limp, not crisp. The barbequed ribs consisted of huge bones loaded with fatty meat. Truly awful. Decided a treat was in order to make up for the disappointing dinner. They were out of chocolate cake. Our server was attentive, but she seemed to be one of the only people in the place who was interested in our enjoyment of our meal. Lyons seems to be on a downhill slide. We won't be going back. Too bad.

Geneva, Illinois
“Hollywood History”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Mr. Lyon just celebrated his 100th birthday in April. His collection of art is incomparable. From 15th century stained glass to 20th century collection of memorable is not to be duplicated in any museum. He is an historic collector par none. The beef Wellington is the best you will ever taste and the cocktails are to be saviored. our hat is off to you, Mr. Lyon. Job well done.

Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent unique restaurant.”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The Lyons is decked out like an old English Tudor Inn. Very nice, excellent staff, great food. I had prime rib which was top notch. After dinner my Mum and I had cocktails in the lounge and enjoyed the live entertainment, a talented singer very much in the Nat King Cole style. When we moved to the lounge my Mum had left her glasses and case at the dinner table. Our waiter, Mark, found them and took them to the front where my Mum was able to retrieve her glasses from the Maitre De. When we got back to Vancouver we found that not only had Mark retrieved the glasses, he had taken the time to make a long distance call to my Mums house and ask if we would like the glasses sent on!! Above and beyond I'd say. I'd recommend this place to anyone going to Palm Springs. It is a few blocks down the road from the main hub in the center of town but well worth checking out.

1 Thank jandm9002