“Good drinks. Avoid food”
Review of Village Pub

Village Pub
Ranked #200 of 319 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Price range: US$15 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Palm Springs, California
“Good drinks. Avoid food”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Brilliant happy hour with cheap drinks. Food not so great. They brought me fish n chips (as in potato chips ha ha) they reckon this is normal but I checked with a few other restaurants and every other place serves FRIES!!! Stop calling it fish n chips!!!! Ridiculous. Also, whilst we were sat there we heard 2 other tables complaining about the quality if the food.

Decatur, Illinois
“Fun Place”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We usually stop here at least one evening when we visit Palm Springs; primarily to hear live music. This evening the beer was cold, service was good, but the band wasn't really a good fit for us. They played well, just not our style of music. (We're old! :-) )

Edmonton, Canada
“Watch out -rules changed”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Went to bar for happy hour. They recently changed the rules and now happy hour prices are only at the bar and 4 bar tables by the bar. Your tables less than 10 feet away is not eligible for happy hour prices. Beware!

1 Thank bluenoser1950
Michigan
“Cheapest brews in town”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This place seemed to be the cheapest drink prices in town. We didn't eat, we were in-between meals, but everything that passed me on a plate looked to be pleasing. I had ice tea, hubby had beer, just to cool our jets before entering our next phase of the day. I did notice there were several elderly folks eating here, and the music wasn't to loud, so it probably depends on what part of the day you visit. The young folks need an establishment the same as the older folks, it's up to you to make your choice where to visit.

Cathedral City, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stay away!!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I am part of what would be considered the younger crowd.
My husband and I went for dinner at around 5:30 pm. The first thing I noticed when we walked in was the dirty greasy looking floors. The thought of eating there by the time we sat down was gone.
The menu was dirty. The music was so loud I had to yell to speak to my Husband who was seating right next to me. He must have had the same thoughts I did. He asked me what I wanted after looking at the menu (which wasn't just dirty with food and grease) but extremely limited and boring.
I said, "Nothing!" He looked at me and said, "Me too! Let's leave!"
I have never walked out of a restaurant before. So that says a lot. As soon as we got out my husband said, "I never thought I would say this, but the music was way too loud!" He said he was immediately grossed out by the floors and the appearance of the place. I told him I felt the same. I can understand having louder music later in the evening but this was early!! The place just has a really bad vibe. People go to bars and restaurants with other people to converse and eat. My ears were literally hurting me the music was so loud. I couldn't hear a word my husband said or anything the waitress said. There was absolutely no way my husband and I could have carried on a conversation at all!
Turn down the volume to a volume that won't deafen someone, especially during dinner time! The biggest thing they need to do is clean up the place and it looks like it might be a fun place to hang out if it wasn't so gross that you were scared to eat there. Just looking at the front of the place I knew the kitchen was probably filthy!
Sad, because it could be a nice place.

• Visited July 2013