“Casino”

Ranked #58 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
San Diego, California
“Casino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

clean nice good big lovely kids eat very good slides restaurants billiards r good basjetball is nice spas parking is close its convunent good good good nice place to go with poolsfamily pools r great towels r nuce

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank Cancun2014family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Fullerton, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

So this isn't going to be a fancy updated hotel. We've gone here for a last minute quick getaway with our kids. For about $300 bucks we get a 2 bedroom 1 bath with a pull out sofa, full living room and dining room. The room is AVERAGE and you won't want to walk around barefoot (carpet), but heck you are just sleeping in it. We spend most of our time at the pool (kids side) with the two slides, the drinks at the bar a good and so is the food. It's not a luxury get away, but its a great place to go last minute or with a large group if you want to do your own cooking in the room. If you overnight there you MUST get up early to secure pool seating... It goes very fast at least by 9:30am.... and if you are coming in the middle of the day... you can just forget finding a seat during high season. It's a little outside of the "main drag" but a quick 5 minute car ride to the strip!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ForSavvySoles
Encinitas, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We just returned from a very pleasant stay at the Palm Canyon Resort. I read some of the reviews before we left and didn't experience anything negative. In fact everyone there was extremely friendly. They were checking everyone coming into the pool area to make sure the pool crashers couldn't get in. The water looked clear and clean in the pool. There were a lot of people in the pool area and we had a hard time finding a lounge chair. We were on the top floor of the Sunset building. It was nice and quiet. The carpet and everything inside the room was very clean and worked fine. Some of the older furniture had been replaced or redone. The A/C worked great. They need some more luggage carts (they are hard to find). Overall, a great stay with no complaints.

Room Tip: Get a top floor facing the mountain if you want it quiet (then you don't get the noise from the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ted W
Ontario, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I took our five year old grandson here for vacation. We had a great time. There is a great swimming and wading pool with water slide. Lots of activities for the little one. Also has a small sports bar with great food and drinks. The staff is friendly and helpfull. Would recommend to singles and families alike..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie E
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here with some other family members and had a good time. The 2 bedroom villa my relatives stayed in was nice - very roomy and I loved the huge dining table.

Our studio villa was comfy as well ... but a little TLC would have made the room nicer. Our AC unit worked well, except for the very loud clicking noise that happened EVERY TIME before it turned on. It sounded like a deadbolt being locked but the sound was amplified by 100. The first few times it happened, we kept thinking someone was opening our door. Also, the walls are pretty thin. I knew our neighbor's morning routine by the end of our stay.

The key cards were the other problem. At least once a day we had to go to the front desk to get them fixed because they were either de-magnetized or just not working.

What I loved about the resort was that there were so many family-friendly activities throughout the day - like trivia, basketball contests and free food. While we don't have kids, we thought that it was nice touch.

The pool area is great. Lots of chairs to lounge around and a bar for refreshments. We were even entertained by a limbo contest. I do wish there was an adult section of the pool though. Just so hard to find a spot to relax without kids cannonballing into you every few minutes.

Oh - and free wi-fi is never expected by me (who works in the hospitality industry). So I was pleased to get a free code upon check-in. Signal strength was always good.

All in all ... a good trip. I would recommend this place for families.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank CYW33
Cypress, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family and I were very disappointed in our stay at the Palm Canyon Resort this past weekend. It began when my daughter almost lost her arm in the elevator door. Evidently, the elevator isn't equipped with an entrance safety feature which would have prevented this “near miss”. Then we got to the pool and had to distract my kids so they wouldn't witness the adults behind us began fighting over a lounge chair. I also pleaded with these same people to stop smoking in the pool area (they continued after management informed them of the non-smoking policy within the pool area). Then, I spent 20 mins to discover that all the ice machines in three of the buildings were empty. We then decided to take another dip in the pool. This time, management nearly incited a riot by taking away a beach ball from a crowd of people in the pool. During the night, we had to call security twice about the continuous loud noise coming from above us. Although security came to our room to witness first-hand what sounded like the “running of the bulls” the bulls kept running until just after midnight. My infant daughter woke up several times because of this. My last draw were the cockroaches my wife ran away from that were at the bottom of the stairs in the Sunset building. In summary, I would not even recommend the Palm Canyon Resort to my ex-wife.

Room Tip: Avoid the noise. Stay on the top floor!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank cypressjimmie
Diamond R, Manager at Palm Canyon Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
First, we appreciate the time taken to bring these matters to our attention. It’s regrettable to hear about the several service shortfalls you encountered during your stay with us. Please know that these shortfalls are not reflective of our resort-wide standards and goals, and it is very disappointing that you had to experience these circumstances. Given your comments, we are happy to give greater insight into what led to the events at the pool. We, of course, apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to this, however, inflatables are not allowed in the pool area to promote safety, and equal enjoyment of the facilities. We regret if you don’t agree but, we feel it’s the fairest policy for all involved. We do regular inspection for cockroaches throughout the resort, and want to assure you and your family that this was an isolated incident, and that our resort will continue to monitor this situation so that our guests can be assured that this will not be an issue going forward. We value your patronage and would be honored to welcome you back to our resort so that you may experience the true resort experience at Palm Canyon Resort.

Travellers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We arrived after getting lost, this was such a shame as it's only 10 mins from PS airport, but after 18hrs travelling we were very tired! Check in was fantastic, quick and efficient! We were ready for a meal and a drink but the restaurant and bar was shut, we did find somewhere downtown, but for ihop fans, 5mins drive away and this is opened 24hrs. We didn't realise that most restaurants and bars were closed quite early during the week as it's off season, weekends were much busier. The one bedroom apartment was very spacious, clean and had almost everything we required, only one grumble was that they only offer housekeeping once a week and we stayed for two and you had to ask for your sheets to be changed even then, I personally think sheets should be changed automatically after one week, also shortage of toilet paper??? had to request this twice. The staff that we engaged with were fantastic but I did get a sense of perhaps not enough staff on duty. We didn't spend all our time around the pool as we did lots of trips. I found the pool pretty clean, good service with towels, always found sun beds and the food at the pool bar excellent, bit slow sometimes getting a drink but this maybe due to shortage of staff. Some guests were quite rude but that's not the staffs fault, drinking alcohol and eating in the pool, and often blocking the steps when entering the pool. I think management could do more about this, I would return, and would recommend to my friends and family, could have stayed another two weeks even though it was 105 degrees!!!!

Room Tip: Give the food a go! pretty good for pool bar food.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple