“A worthwhile Choice in Palm Springs!”

Andreas Hotel & Spa
Ranked #8 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Spent the night here recently and would stay again. A nice venue tucked away from the noise of the streets. Standard rooms are a bit small, but completely functional. The Staff was awesome both on check in and check out. The breakfast is nothing special, so plan on eating somewhere else. Overall I would stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 February 2014

My husband and I found this hotel on Hotels.com. I really liked the photos of the property so we decided to book it. This place is unbelievable! The staff was so, so, so nice. The night manager, Bob, was really helpful in finding us a nice place to eat, he even called the restaurant to make reservations for us. The property is charming, clean, and oh so fun eclectic fun! Our room was lovely, the bed was comfortable, and the color scheme was really pretty. I will never stay anywhere else any time I go down to Palm Springs from now on!! Great little hotel with a great personality!
Guest #78826BM

Room Tip: All of the rooms are nice. The whole atmosphere of this hotel is outstanding!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Large room and bathroom, large Jacuzzi tub, nicely decorated. Small, cozy, friendly hotel, with nice outdoor, pool and hot pool seating areas. We like being right downtown near restaurants, shopping, etc. We enjoyed the spa. We'll definitely stay again.
David 78765

Room Tip: We liked overlooking the street and having the balcony, but it is noisy, so avoid this side of hotel...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This is unquestionably one of the best choices we've ever made in hotels! Arrived late last night, just needing a place to sleep, but have decided to extend our stay because of the wonderful atmosphere, beautiful rooms, outstanding service, and that fact that every detail is handled impeccably. I'd give it ten stars if I could! Love Palm Springs now, and plan to come back, and will return to the Andreas Hotel & Spa. An additional note: Bob checked us in, and his delightful personal touch set the tone for this friendly, comfortable, and quietly sophisticated hotel.

Room Tip: It's all good. Upper floors have a lovely veranda available and have vaulted wood ceilings, whi...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband and I go to PS once a year for a getaway weekend. This year I had a hard time finding a room but was able to book one at this small hotel. The website is well done and it looks really nice. The first thing I noticed was I never rec'd a confirmation email; I had to call and verify that they had my reservation. When we arrived, we asked what time we could get into the room. We were told to return at 2:30 p.m. We and several other people showed back up at 2:30 and were told we would have to wait 10 minutes which turned into 30 minutes, which for us turned into an hour (others were given their rooms). We were told we were being upgraded to special room since they had no other King rooms. The room is nice (huge bathroom) but not really what I had booked at that hotel for, as it is all black and white and very "old Hollywood". Whatever. Nice comfy bed though and great towels. The trouble started about the time we tried to go to sleep. This hotel backs up to Palm Canyon Drive, the main drag through Palm Springs. Also the bottom floor on that side is retail, which includes a bar. Things really got going about 10:30/ 11:00; yelling, whooping, car doors slamming, motorcycles and cars appearing to drag race up and down the street. All this RIGHT outside your room, literally. It did not quiet down until around 3:00 am, since after the bar closed at 1:00, the patrons took the party out on the sidewalk, right underneath the rooms. If we had been given a room on the front side of the hotel, I don't think there would have been a problem. I ended up sleeping in the jacuzzi tub on top of pillows and the comforter. My husband has tinnitus (hearing problem) so he slept off and on. The girl at the desk seemed well aware of this issue as they have pre-printed forms for you to sign stating you are making a complaint!!! I emailed the hotel on Monday morning to convey my poor experience and never even got a response or apology. I did not ask for a refund. It is a shame because it is a nice little hotel, but it was a nightmare for us. We left at 8:00 am and drove straight back to Long Beach to get some sleep. Never again!!!!

Room Tip: If you want to stay here just make sure you do not get a room at the back that is directly on Palm C...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Denise J
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This is a great 3*which is beautifully presented and well kept, with a nice friendly receptionist. Our room was beautiful with a balcony, fire place, Jacuzzi bath, and separate shower. We also had a microwave, fridge and coffee machine.

As this was our first time in Palm Springs we only booked 1 night, however, we liked it enough to want to stay another night. When we checked in we were charged $60 for incidentals, which we agreed to. When we checked out we were advised that another $200 had been added for incidentals when we booked the second night without informing us. This brought the total to $260, and we were advised that we had to wait three days for it to be returned. When I queried this the receptionist said it was to cover any damages to the room and the mini bar. I found this slightly insulting as the mini bar only contained water and sodas - perhaps they thought we were going to remove the TV and take it back to London!!! The receptionist could see that I was offended and offered us a free drink before departure which was a very nice gesture.

We spent $500 in the day spa which was nice but not great, we both felt that we have had better massages and it was overpriced for what we received.

There are a few down sides to this hotel:

It is understaffed, (waited 1 hour for a drink ordered from the bar).

A cold self-service buffet breakfast is available, apart from that there is no restaurant or food available at the hotel.

The hotel is above a very noisy bar which is open till 2am, when the bar closes the crowd congregates outside your window for another hour or so, and you can hear every word they are saying as though they are in your room!

Overall it really is a quaint hotel, that's very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not above the bar.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LondonSunflower
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I have stayed here twice and both times was very pleased with the hotel. First of all, the location is excellent and you are only a 2 or 3 minute walk from the main drag with the bars, restaurants and shops. The hotel is pretty small so you feel like you have some privacy as well because there are not hundreds of other guests. The pool and hot tub are open 24 hours a day which is really nice if you've been out in the evening for dinner and a couple of drinks because you can come back and still take a dip in the pool or relax in the hot tub (provided you are quiet and do not disturb other guests). The staff are also very friendly and we were greeted with a glass of champagne while checking in. Another very nice touch is that in the lobby and near the pool they have water available with fruit and ice inside for a nice bit of flavor to your water.

The only real "con" as I see it is the breakfast. While it is included in the room price and thus not too big of a deal, the selection is remarkably limited. Basically you have orange juice, English muffins, and cereal. Not really any "warm" breakfast on offer and if, like me, you are not a big fan of English muffins then you will have to get breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple