“I'm Already Waiting to Go Back!!!”

Andreas Hotel & Spa
Ranked #9 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Eureka, Ca
“I'm Already Waiting to Go Back!!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2009

I stayed at the Andreas Hotel & Spa from July 22 -25, 2009. Yes, it was hot when I was there. The hottest day of my stay, it got to 113 degrees, but I'm weird. I like the heat.

The hotel staff was very warm and friendly, and answered every question that I had. The downside to the Andreas is that they do not have a business center, like at other chain hotels that I have been in. So if you need to send/receive a fax, good luck. I think that they should put a business center in, because not everyone owns a laptop, or if they do, might not have, (for whatever reason) brought it with them.

The breakfast that they serve in the morning is rather limited. You have orange juice, cranberry juice, bagel, cereal, hard boiled eggs, and yogurt. At other hotels that I have stayed in, offer their guests fruit, such as apples, oranges, banannas, etc. I would also have liked to have seen a make-your-own belgan waffle maker, with the batter ready to go, and the machine to cook it in. Other hotels have that, and I think that the Andreas should too.

There is no on-site restaurant, but several are within walking distance. There is a restaurant in a near-by casino, but watch out, it is expensive. I had an appetizer (escargot) , salad, main course (porterhouse steak), and watermellon sorbet, and my total for just me, came to $75!

They do not have a shuttle service to pick you up/drop you off at the airport, so you either have to drive yourself, or hire a taxi to do that.

It is a two story building, but they don't have an elevator, so you have to lug your suitcase(s) up and down the stairs.

My room, (#216) was nice. I liked it. There was a living room which had a microwave and a mini fridge which was stocked with bottled water, Coke/diet Coke, 7-Up/diet 7-Up, at a dollar each.

There was a gas fireplace that shared the common wall between the living room and the bedroom so you could enjoy it in both rooms. It was controlled with a remote, and you could set it to "flames only", or you could have it produce heat.

The tv was in a cabinet right above the fireplace, and swivled so you could watch it in either room. The tv is a big, "tube" kind. I think that the Andreas should replace it with a flat screen.

The bedroom had a king sized bed, that had lots of firm, fluffy pillows on it. There were two french doors, where you could open them and step out on to your lenai(sp?), or just open the windows. The closet was rather small, but you do get two one-size-fits-most bathrobes. There are no dressers to put your clothes in. There are two, single drawer end tables, though.

When you step out on to your lenai(sp?) there are curtains that you can pull closed in order to have your own private cabanna.

The bathroom was nice. It had a seperate walk-in shower, which was rather large in size. The main focal point of the bathroom, is the huge jacuzzi tub. I swear, two people could fit in it. On the wall above the tub are three "night lights" that are constantly illuminated, and emit a soft glow. Perfect for taking a candle lit bubble bath!

The bathroom had two sinks, one on either side of the tub, and the toilet was off in the corner.

Across the street from the Andreas, is a little cafe called "Look", and on Wednesdays, they do kareoke(sp?). Good food, reasonable prices, great fun.

The Andreas also has its own day spa. The people there are very warm and friendly. If you do decide to indulge in a massage, be sure to ask for ask for Talbert. He gives the best massages!

The pool is small to moderatly sized, and isn't cooled down. So when it's 115 degrees out, the pool water is going to be warm.

So, overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Andreas, and would stay there again. I would reccomend this place for people who are traveling alone, as well as for couples.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank sun35

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Arizona
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Well kept, Quaint, surprising hide away. Great for a romantic get away! Rooms are clean and nicely decorated including a fireplace and spa tubs in some of the rooms. Great personal customer service. Not your typical chain hotel, but with great amenities. Definitely a hidden gem!

Los Angeles
Reviewed 26 July 2009

I had found this place in May, 2009, thanks to all the reviews on Trip Advisor. My friend and I stayed for a weekend in May. Due to the excellent staff, beautiful room and great location, I definitely wanted to come back.
Well my best friend treated me to 3 glorious days here in July for my big "50". Everyone that works at this hotel is awesome and helped to make my Birthday wonderful.
Charlie told my friend where to get my birthday bouquet and it was delivered to the hotel. The staff made sure it was positioned in the room so when I walked in, I couldn't miss it. My friend said she called the hotel numerous times to make sure everything was perfect, i.e. the spa treatment, the room, the flowers, the dinner reservations, and they never once got upset with her.
I absolutely love this place! Jeffrey, you made me feel special even though you didn't remember that I was the lady that brought her own coffee mugs. You keep a smile on my face. And thanks for the special cup of coffee on my last day.
If you want to be treated like you are somethin' special, then this is the place to go. Can't say enough about this place: great location, clean, comfortable and attractive rooms, awesome/knowledgeable staff!!!

Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 24 July 2009

Just got home from our second stay at Andreas Hotel in Palm Springs. This place is truly a gem. Beautifully renovated small hotel in dowstown Palm Springs. The ameneties and staff could'nt be better! Location is perfect. Great deals during the off season. Quiet and close to everything. Not really set up for families with kids but that's great for us! No kids running around and acting crazy in the pool, etc. Would like to see wifi in rooms instead of just the lounge but that's not a big deal. We will return again and again!

Los Angeles
Reviewed 24 July 2009

This is our second stay at the Andreas. I was impressed again!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Simi Valley, CA
Reviewed 21 July 2009

After much careful planning and wanting the best place to take my grown daughters for a special weekend, I chose Andreas. It was everything I hoped for and then some and would return there without hesitation. Everyone on staff was wonderful... Charlie and Nicki (welcoming us as if we were special guests), Bob (helping me get things ready for my daughters' arrival) and Geoffrey (who gave us all sorts of tips on where to eat and play). Geoffrey was quite fun to talk with and made our breakfast time even more enjoyable. I loved Room 217 and hope to visit again. Every good review was the truth! The Spa looked wonderful too even though we didn't use it, would definitely plan on it next time.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Scottish Borders
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Stopped for only one night (unfortnately!) as this is an absolutely ideal hotel.
Superbly central location, but lovely and quite. Room was kitted out to very high standard and all staff were very helpful (without being intrusive).