“Great Location & will be one of the best in PS”

Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs
Ranked #43 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great Location & will be one of the best in PS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

It's only just opened - and it's location is perfect is down town Palm Springs across from the town plaza, and close to all the restaurants and attractions of the town. It's has a very trendy interior and the rooms are large with good bathrooms and cool décor. Lighting is low and moody - a desk light would be useful. We had a balcony with chairs and a table looking towards the town but some face the pool.
The whole hotel has been completely refurbished and is what you would expect from Hard Rock - their is a great lobby bar and restaurant with music, band and DJ's often playing. When we stayed there was a rock show on Friday & Saturday in the theatre downstairs which was very good.
The only teething problems which I am sure will be swiftly resolved are that currently there is lots of photo shoots & filming going on - not surprising being the newest Hard Rock addition. Also the spa in the basement was not yet open and some building work was resulting from this, which means that the flow of workmen leaves some of the communal areas needing additional cleaning to keep it "5 star" and I am sure this will be sorted soon. Some noise at night from other guests but nothing to keep you awake.
All in All - I would recommend this Hotel for location, trendy décor and facilities assuming you like "Hip Hotels". It will be "One of the Best" in Palm Springs when established.

Room Tip: I would have a high level (3rd floor) room, pool facing assuming you enjoy the party scene.
1 Thank Graham P
Cord M, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for such a detailed review of your recent stay at the Hard Rock in Palm Springs. I am sure future guests appreciate your attention to detail as much as we do. Great feedback and suggestions. We look forward to welcoming you back real soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Greek first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs!!! PHENOMENAL!! A very trendy, modern atmosphere...relaxed lounge areas throughout. Service in the restaurant/bar was EXCEPTIONAL!! Chef Aaron incredibly talented with his decadent flare for cooking!! Bartender Colie can whip you up something tasty in a jiffy! Erika was a pleasant conversationalist behind the bar! We will definitely be back to this hot spot!!

Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your exceptional review! We think it is so cool that you took the time to thank and recognize several of our employees (AKA Rock Stars)! We happen to think they are awesome, too! Thank you, again. See you back in Palm Springs soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

First GREAT impression of this hotel. Beyond amazing experience. Courteous staff from the valet to check in to the restaurant and everyone else!!!! No other chef better in Palm Springs than Chef Aaron. MOST DELICIOUS, savory meals and dessert was out of this word. Colie can possibly be the best mixologist bartender around!! And Erika had the personality to make you feel right at home and so comfortable you don't want to leave. Ignacio and Cole are amazing waiters!!! Will definitely be back to stay again. Sooner rather than later!!!!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for bringing your friends to the new Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs. We know you have lots of Hotel choices and we appreciate your choosing Hard Rock as your party spot! Your compliments to Chef, Cole and Erica are awesome; thank you - means alot to them! I know they are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

My daughter, her fiancee and I, stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel in Palm Springs, 11/19 – 11/21 to celebrate my daughter’s (21+) birthday. Since none of us have stayed at a HRH property, we were very much looking forward to the experience!
Our initial impression was quite favorable. We had traveled via Amtrak and walked one block to the hotel and were warmly greeted by the valet staff. We proceeded into the very attractive hip lobby to check in and was greeted by a cordial staff member at registration. I asked for a room with a view and she said she’d do her best to accommodate my request. It was all downhill from there. Hundreds of empty rooms and we were sent to Siberia, at the back of the hotel, which is still being refurbished.
The room was spacious, the beds were comfortable, with a large bathroom and well-stocked mini bar, and comfy bathrobes. Our plan was to just watch TV and relax for a while….but the remote was missing. I called the front desk and was told that an engineer would bring one up right away. The bluetooth iPod dock was missing some wire, so it didn’t work either. There was no menu although there is suppose to be room service. Upon looking more closely, I could clearly see the furniture was not new and badly chipped.
Bored, my daughter and I decided to enjoy the sun by the pool. While a great music track was played, there was no pool service and I noted the kiddy-sized wading pool itself is nothing special. Once the sun went down, we checked out the gift shop. The young lady manning the store openly stared at my daughter, but never said one word to us.
We returned to our room, and It took another call, but 2 hours later, we received a remote. Which only led to the discovery that we didn't have a channel index for the tv, and the channels are very confusing. It seems you can only view local TV stations with no cable or in room movie option. My soon to be son-in-law spoke to a manager who moved us to a room overlooking the pool and views of the mountains –and free breakfast.
After settling in, we decided to go downstairs and grab a bite to eat. Surprise! A small crowd of “beautiful” people and a DJ had magically appeared in the lobby. We ran back to our room to change from jeans and tees to slip into dressier attire and returned to mingle. Curious glances made us realize something was wrong. I approached two people who appeared to work there, and was told “yes it was a private party, but on Saturday it was open to the public”. It’s Tuesday and I won’t be here on Saturday, so what part of the facility that I paid to use, can be used tonight? No answer. Frustrated my son-in-law to be, suggested we just have dinner. We were promptly seated in the empty restaurant. Although the restaurant food was ok the portions were so small it was ridiculous. Our $148 meal consisted of two lukewarm steaks (which were about 6 bites of meat and 4 steak fries), a salad wedge and two specialty drinks; which tasted like, but not as refreshing as “spa” water and a chocolate lava cake. The chocolate didn’t flow, but remained a chunk of chocolate! We paid the efficient, but “I’m not doing anything above” server and headed back to our room as the DJ and private party had packed up and the lobby was a ghost town.
The next morning, my daughter decided to head to the pool. Not happening…the pool was being set up for a photo shoot. We decided to use our free breakfast. The server was very capable, but had no personality. My order consisted of coffee in child size tea party cup and four half-cooked donut holes. The server asked if I wanted a refill several times, but I declined as it was like brown water. The rest of my party enjoyed their breakfast. When we received our bill compensating one meal, we asked to speak to the restaurant manager who was friendly and had no problem getting the entire bill comped as previously promised.
We decided to walk the area and found the hotel truly central to restaurants, shops, the museum, the casino and the huge Marilyn Monroe statue. Upon returning to the hotel, around 4 pm we discovered our room had not been cleaned. I found this strange because the hotel was practically empty. My daughter and I took a nap and about an hour later was awakened by a cleaning lady practically standing over us wanting to clean the room. I told her forget it. She asked if we wanted clean towels and soap, and I told her that was fine. I heard her in the bathroom and thought she was at least tidying up that area. On her way out, she confirmed we didn’t want the room cleaned and I told her we were sure.. She gave us fresh towels (but didn’t take the used ones) and sat bottles of shampoo, etc on the counter. Later on, my family wanted to lounge and use the Ipads set up for guest. They didn’t stay long as the photo shoot was now in the lobby and they felt they were in the way. So, once again it was stay in the room out of the way or leave the property to enjoy yourself. Upon check out, the guy was nice, but stated he was not providing me a printed folio because everything was prepaid. Whatever!
If I wanted pretentious, I would have stayed in LA or gone to Vegas, and even in those cities whose image is smug, I’ve never experienced staying in a hotel where guests are made to feel as if they don’t matter. And, while I understand the property needed be used for marketing purposes, we should have at least been forewarned, gotten an apology and compensated without having to ask. Excellent customer service leads to: higher visitor numbers; increased sales; increasing public image; survival in terms of competition; satisfied customers and greater job satisfaction for staff; and repeat business and customer loyalty. I feel like HRH Palm Springs could care less if I return.

Room Tip: Great Pizza across the street and a circle K mart around the corner!
1 Thank Jetset3008
Thank you for your recent visit to Palm Springs and the new Hard Rock Hotel. We are very appreciative of your detailed, candid feedback. We'd like to respond with a sincere apology for the impression you left the Hotel with; of our not caring about the experience you had or if you will return. We recognize there is no business without our loyal guests and guests will not be loyal without exceptional, genuine hospitality and service excellence! We value your feedback and consider it one of our most important tools for continuing to elevate our service levels. So, thank you again for taking the time to share your comments. The areas of opportunity you mentioned have our attention. We hope for a time to welcome you back and deliver the service you deserve. Thank you, again.
Portola Hills, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Fabulous first impression & what a difference that makes! I contacted the hotel's front desk regarding a problem I had with my upcoming reservation for a small group that's coming into the hotel and I just have to say Chantelle went ABOVE and beyond to accommodate my request. I appreciate the extra time she took to listen to what we needed and did more than expected to resolve. If the rest of the trip is anything like my first impression with the front desk - it's going to be amazing! Thanks Chantelle!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Your review rocks! Thank you for taking the time to recognize Chantelle; that is very cool! We are so happy to hear we are taking care of our loyal guests.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I had a great time staying here. Very chill pool vibes at day and fun by the bar at night with some great music. I would definitely come back and also would recommend to friends/family. In fact I plan to go back next month already!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your recent stay at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs. We love that you had such a great time that you've already planned your next visit. We appreciate your cool review and we'll see you very soon. We'll be waiting for you to get the next party started!
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel will be brilliant, but has some real issues to solve to get there. First the good stuff: brilliant location, excellent car valet service, rooms are lovely, communal areas great, pool area (if able to use it) is cool. Prices are exceptionally good so it is competing in the 3 star bracket. It's new, so everything is forgivable, but some basic challenges. On our second day the hotel was having a Party for local hoteliers. As a result, the majority of the bar area was cordoned off and all staff were directed to focus on that. 20 minute wait at the bar as only one of the 3 staff were willing to serve guests. The other two said they were 'back up' for the Private Hotel Party. One lady actually responded 'can't you see I'm preparing fruit for the Private Party?'. We also got reminded twice that there was a Private Party, which made us feel unwelcome in the communal areas. Then today, the 3rd day of our six days here, we werent able to use the Pool as it was being used by the Hotel to make a Private Film for the hotel. The crew needed the whole pool right until the sun went down, they made tremendous noise and at no point did the hotel management even acknowledge the inconvenience to guests. Both yesterday and today there was no pool bar service, it being locked closed, despite a note in the room proclaiming how great it is. I have had two International calls put through to my room today and on both occasions my caller commented how surly the Reception was, clearly really inconvenienced by having to patch through a call. Yesterday we had to call down at 6pm as the room had not been serviced as everyone was focused on yes.....the Private Hotel Party. It's alo very obvious that the hallway outside the room hasnt seen a Hoover since it opened. There is a pile of fluff there that has been there since we arrived.
Overall, it's worth three stars but there is an arrogance attached to the Management of the place that it hasnt yet earned. It can easily be five star but Guests DO matter...it's not just about impressing other hotels, and if you are willing to charge guests for services (albeit it is VERY cheap) you should at least apologise if they can't be used because you are keeping them back for Marketing purposes. Hopefully this is a balanced review: great location, great hotel site, but Management who really, really don't focus on guests. I'm here for another three days so we'll see if you make contact I guess, and prove me wrong :-)

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank GoodFood-Wine
Thank you for your recent stay in the new Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs. We appreciate your detailed, balanced and candid review. Your feedback is invaluable to us. We consider it an exceptional tool for improving and enhancing guest service. The opportunity areas you mentioned have and are being addressed. Please accept our sincere apologies for any encounter where you were not welcomed with genuine hospitality.