“Great February getaway!”

Ranked #43 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Corona, California
“Great February getaway!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I had a week off from work in February so I figured I would book a pre-Valentine's getaway in Palm Springs. We live in Riverside so the drive is a quick hour. We had great service from the beginning, and throughout our stay. The valet were very helpful since we brought our bikes with us, and they were able to store and retrieve them for us quickly whenever we needed. The bikes were nice since everything is close by, and there are some bike trails around the city. It was beautiful weather in the high 80's in February! At the front desk, Pip and Kyle were friendly and checked us in quickly. We were upgraded to a pool and mountain view room, and they told us about the karaoke that was going on the next night. Our room was Hard Rock quality, clean, and had a balcony overlooking the pool. I've stayed at the Hard Rock in San Diego and Las Vegas, and I felt this hotel met the same standard.

The only reason I rated it a 4 instead of a 5 is because of the high resort fees/taxes. It ended up costing a lot more than the advertised price, but it seemed to be this way with all of the nice hotels in the area. Compared to the others, it was actually a lot cheaper for the mid week rate. We made sure to use the gym and wifi to get our $$ worth. ;) Another plus is you don't have to pay additional parking, which is very nice if you have ever had to pay for parking in San Diego.

As we were checking out, we decided to try out Sessions for breakfast (even though I had read poor reviews), and we were pleasantly surprised. We had great service, and the food was delicious. It is a little pricier than some breakfast restaurants (my steak, eggs, and potatoes were $16), the food definitely hit the spot.

1 Thank Kgallo3
Love_All_PS, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Kgallo3
We are so happy we could rock your February getaway! And, I think it's cool you brought your bike! I love walking past the bikes in the management office. Shows our guests know how to have fun in Palm Springs! There is amazing hiking and biking, that's for sure. And thank you also for the kind words about Sessions. Chef Aaron is really rocking our menu right now and we're happy you agree!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Greek first
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed here a night after a week long trip to Disneyland. Driving across the desert at night is not my idea of fun. Upon arrival we were greeted by the valet as there is no self parking at this hotel. The valet made us feel rushed as we had 2 sleeping kids and one bag to get out of the car. The front desk here is located across a big lobby from the bar which was having karaoke night (I will get to the bar later) The man at the desk was very helpful and noticed our sleeping kids so he processed our check in very fast so we could get out of the loud bar area. He also told us he would put us into the quiet part of the hotel. Our room (the bee Gee's room) was very large in size and had very clean beds and bathroom. That's about all that was clean. The floor had some sticky spots and the tv stand/desk had things that spilled all over the legs like a 2 liter of soda exploded. As far as the quietness of the room goes we were put right above the courtyard entrance to the bar which also happened to be the smoking area. The entrance had a automatic door which seemed to open every 20 seconds ad when open you could hear the karaoke blasting in the room. After the wife and kids went to sleep I made my way down to the hotel bar for a few cocktails to unwind. I was told the karaoke was on Thursday nights and it is apparent the local bar flies knew it all too well as there plenty of them and all seemed to be friends with the bar staff. One of the bartenders actually got into an argument with one of her friends right in front of all the customers. Again not something you expect from the Hard Rock. At the end of the night I asked to pay cash for my bar tab. The bartender said that was fine and gave me my card back. Three days later I see on my bank account she also used my card to pay the bill. So I ended up paying it twice. I took me 13 days and 9 phone calls before someone finally called me back and and then took them another day to look into it before giving me a refund on the card. I understand mistakes happen but it should not take 2 weeks to correct them.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Michfootball
Michfootball
We are so sorry you had a couple of bumps in your stay. Especially the confusion with the bar tab. We do hope you give us another shot!
Orange, California
Reviewed 13 February 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to do a one day get-away and chose the Hard Rock based on experiences I've had with their location in Vegas. I checked out some of the reviews before we went and was pleasantly surprised since they all stated they had recently opened.

Valet and check in were awesome and the guys were super nice. Our room had a view of the pool and mountain side and was up to our standards- clean, spacious and quiet. We went to the hotel bar for some drink before bed and they were reasonably priced. Bar tenders weren't too chatty but it was a Wednesday so we weren't expecting a party. Lobby and bar had really cool decor and we tried to get a picture of the wording above the bar but it didn't really turn out.

Room service in the morning was timely and the food was great. We ordered the Steak & Eggs and Waffles with caramelized bananas and Shane assisted with choosing our breakfast items since our menu was missing from our room service book. Our food arrived very fast and Shane was also the one to deliver our food. He was awesome!

Overall we would definitely stay here again and are thinking of planning a big group stay over the summer for my boyfriends 30th.

1 Thank Kristin H
Kristin! Woo hoo happy you had a great time! And bring on the birthday boy! We look forward to having you back soon!
Palm Springs
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Hotel had been opened only 4 months but is still getting the kinks fixed. Pool is not deep enough, only 3 and a half feet...the rooms are very roomy. Loved the decor!! The location is perfect! Very central.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Georgia you're on our mind, girl! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We love our location, too and hope you come back soon!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The price was not cheap, but it wasn't a luxury rate either. I'd read that this was remodeled to be a Hard Rock property after being a less-than-impressive hotel, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

The room was much larger than your typical Residence Inn or Marriott Renaissance around the corner. The staff was very accommodating to our request for a fridge and a late check-out. The valet-only parking worked fine, and my car was always waiting for me when I got to the front. The bathroom was nicely appointed and roomy. The TV was quite large, the patio was also spacious, and everything was clean. They even offer room service, which was quite good. A burned out bulb was replaced quickly when we called. The HVAC is quiet and modern.

The hotel targets a 20-something crowd, and they party until late into the night (morning). Our room faced the outside, so we didn't hear them, but it provided a fun and hip atmosphere when I had to walk the dog at 2am; the downside was that I felt underdressed for the errand.

The location is pretty great, because much of old town Palm Springs is just a short walk away. Overall, I was very pleased. I will complain that there's a bit of an unpleasant scent in some of the hallways, but it didn't permeate the room. I would definitely stay here again if the price was within my budget.

Room Tip: Inside pool-facing is great if you want to party all night. Facing outside is better if you want to...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jim,
Glad you were pleasantly surprised! We love our valet team and glad you had a good experience. I love your story about walking the dog. Fun stuff! Have a super day and come back to see us soon!
Torrance, California
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Need a weekend get away. Enjoyed staying with the hotel with friendly workers. Nice and clean and well decorated as represented. Close to everywhere, food, shopping center, etc. Would recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Love_All_PS, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thanks for the love! Come back soon!
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This hotel has something for all ages. We brought our two kids and they had a blast! Love the ipad station next to the pool table that was close to the bar. My husband and I were able to play a few games and have a few drinks while the kids watched videos on YouTube! The variety of music playing throughout the hotel was awesome, not to mention all the rock decor!! The hotel is in the heart of downtown! This place rocked!! We will be coming here again. Too many more amazing things to say about this hotel, just come see for yourself!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank bjcali0409
The family that plays together stays together! Glad you all had a great time!
See you next time!