“Really nice hotel...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Anaheim, California
“Really nice hotel...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Wife and I were celebrating our 20 year anniversary ( were in our mid upper 30s). Great hotel for the price. When making small talk with the guy at the front desk we mentioned it was our anniversary and he tried to upgrade us but no rooms available so he gave us 2 comped drinks at the bar which was great. When checking out I took advantage of the take 50% off your next night stay if you reserve it at check out so now we are coming back for my birthday at the end of march with a 2 bedroom suite and I'm bringing alot of friends to party with!Just wish I could see pics of the room we got!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Love_All_PS, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Caldwell! We're so happy you had a nice trip out to see us! And we're even happier you'll be coming back to celebrate your birthday! We can't wait to have you and your friends out here! Big love from the heart of Palm Springs...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Greek first
Palm Springs, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I am in the hospitality industry and was curious to see how Hard Rock was going to do with their new hotel in Palm Springs. Unfortunately the answer to my question is a resounding YIKES!! Check in was horrible...they lied to me and to about 20 other people about what time they could check in. People were getting very angry at being lied to. Went to restaurant in hotel and service was slow and food made me sick. Decided to sit out by pool and went to an area where there were no towels I wanted to enjoy my time went to get drink and when I got back to my seat Steve from security rudely informed me I was sitting in VIP SECTION AND I HAD TO MOVE. I pointed out that there was nothing designating the area and he said "people pay $500 for these seats. I asked him to help me move and he told me it wasn't his job! There are many nice hotels inPalm springs this is not one of them. Do not come here if you want good service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Michelle G
Oh man, Michelle, what can we say but we're sorry. I will make sure we have a refresher course on our "Rock Star Service" policy! Sometimes folks are just having a bad day, and sometimes work gets the best of us, but it should never carry over to the guest! We'd love to make it up to you. Please give us a call if you like.

Travellers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

Warren, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed for 2 nights between LA & Scottsdale.
The hotel is very centrally located, just 1 block from downtown food and shopping.

Nothing special, may be getting a bit tired. I know it is a party hotel and the halls and main areas can show some wear from hard partying.

The pool area is nice. I like loud R&R music, but the pool may not be the place to relax, with the DJ and partying.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside room if you don't want to hear the pool DJ.
rfink22,
Thanks for taking the time to post about your stay. We love our location and hope everyone can enjoy just putting the car in park and walking to all the shops and restaurants nearby! Hope we see you again soon!
Corona, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I had a week off from work in February so I figured I would book a pre-Valentine's getaway in Palm Springs. We live in Riverside so the drive is a quick hour. We had great service from the beginning, and throughout our stay. The valet were very helpful since we brought our bikes with us, and they were able to store and retrieve them for us quickly whenever we needed. The bikes were nice since everything is close by, and there are some bike trails around the city. It was beautiful weather in the high 80's in February! At the front desk, Pip and Kyle were friendly and checked us in quickly. We were upgraded to a pool and mountain view room, and they told us about the karaoke that was going on the next night. Our room was Hard Rock quality, clean, and had a balcony overlooking the pool. I've stayed at the Hard Rock in San Diego and Las Vegas, and I felt this hotel met the same standard.

The only reason I rated it a 4 instead of a 5 is because of the high resort fees/taxes. It ended up costing a lot more than the advertised price, but it seemed to be this way with all of the nice hotels in the area. Compared to the others, it was actually a lot cheaper for the mid week rate. We made sure to use the gym and wifi to get our $$ worth. ;) Another plus is you don't have to pay additional parking, which is very nice if you have ever had to pay for parking in San Diego.

As we were checking out, we decided to try out Sessions for breakfast (even though I had read poor reviews), and we were pleasantly surprised. We had great service, and the food was delicious. It is a little pricier than some breakfast restaurants (my steak, eggs, and potatoes were $16), the food definitely hit the spot.

Kgallo3
We are so happy we could rock your February getaway! And, I think it's cool you brought your bike! I love walking past the bikes in the management office. Shows our guests know how to have fun in Palm Springs! There is amazing hiking and biking, that's for sure. And thank you also for the kind words about Sessions. Chef Aaron is really rocking our menu right now and we're happy you agree!
San Tan Valley, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed here a night after a week long trip to Disneyland. Driving across the desert at night is not my idea of fun. Upon arrival we were greeted by the valet as there is no self parking at this hotel. The valet made us feel rushed as we had 2 sleeping kids and one bag to get out of the car. The front desk here is located across a big lobby from the bar which was having karaoke night (I will get to the bar later) The man at the desk was very helpful and noticed our sleeping kids so he processed our check in very fast so we could get out of the loud bar area. He also told us he would put us into the quiet part of the hotel. Our room (the bee Gee's room) was very large in size and had very clean beds and bathroom. That's about all that was clean. The floor had some sticky spots and the tv stand/desk had things that spilled all over the legs like a 2 liter of soda exploded. As far as the quietness of the room goes we were put right above the courtyard entrance to the bar which also happened to be the smoking area. The entrance had a automatic door which seemed to open every 20 seconds ad when open you could hear the karaoke blasting in the room. After the wife and kids went to sleep I made my way down to the hotel bar for a few cocktails to unwind. I was told the karaoke was on Thursday nights and it is apparent the local bar flies knew it all too well as there plenty of them and all seemed to be friends with the bar staff. One of the bartenders actually got into an argument with one of her friends right in front of all the customers. Again not something you expect from the Hard Rock. At the end of the night I asked to pay cash for my bar tab. The bartender said that was fine and gave me my card back. Three days later I see on my bank account she also used my card to pay the bill. So I ended up paying it twice. I took me 13 days and 9 phone calls before someone finally called me back and and then took them another day to look into it before giving me a refund on the card. I understand mistakes happen but it should not take 2 weeks to correct them.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Michfootball
Michfootball
We are so sorry you had a couple of bumps in your stay. Especially the confusion with the bar tab. We do hope you give us another shot!
Orange, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to do a one day get-away and chose the Hard Rock based on experiences I've had with their location in Vegas. I checked out some of the reviews before we went and was pleasantly surprised since they all stated they had recently opened.

Valet and check in were awesome and the guys were super nice. Our room had a view of the pool and mountain side and was up to our standards- clean, spacious and quiet. We went to the hotel bar for some drink before bed and they were reasonably priced. Bar tenders weren't too chatty but it was a Wednesday so we weren't expecting a party. Lobby and bar had really cool decor and we tried to get a picture of the wording above the bar but it didn't really turn out.

Room service in the morning was timely and the food was great. We ordered the Steak & Eggs and Waffles with caramelized bananas and Shane assisted with choosing our breakfast items since our menu was missing from our room service book. Our food arrived very fast and Shane was also the one to deliver our food. He was awesome!

Overall we would definitely stay here again and are thinking of planning a big group stay over the summer for my boyfriends 30th.

1 Thank Kristin H
Kristin! Woo hoo happy you had a great time! And bring on the birthday boy! We look forward to having you back soon!
Palm Springs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Hotel had been opened only 4 months but is still getting the kinks fixed. Pool is not deep enough, only 3 and a half feet...the rooms are very roomy. Loved the decor!! The location is perfect! Very central.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Georgia you're on our mind, girl! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We love our location, too and hope you come back soon!