“Fabulous Weekend get away!”

Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs
Ranked #40 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Inglewood, California
“Fabulous Weekend get away!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our stay at the new hard rock hotel in palm springs was outstanding. I've stayed at hard rock hotels before and this was by-far the best service i have had of any. Checking in was fast and Drew upgraded our room to a junior suite witch made our stay that much more luxurious. He also helps use to one of the BEST Italian food restaurants (360 north Italian restaurant) we have ever had…a great family owned restaurant with great service and great food. a must go!! (360 North).

The Pool is nice and the pool bar was great, the bartender was amazing and made good drinks at a great price. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends and anyone that ask. will be back to stay again.

Room Tip: all rooms were very nice and close to everything
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andre w
Love_All_PS, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Hi Andre,
Thanks for sharing your experience! We are so pleased we could rock your vacation!
Come back soon and bring your friends!
PS...
Great news about the Italian place! I haven't even tried it so thanks for the head's up! I don't know why Drew's holdin' out on me! lol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Greek first
Carson, California
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Recently stayed here for an all girls weekend getaway, and overall it wasn't what I expected it to be. It's definitely not the Hard Rock Vegas or Hard Rock San Diego that I pictured in my head. Heres my input on the hotel:

PRO's:
-perfect location. directly across the street from restaurants and shopping
-stylish decor throughout hotel
-stayed in the amplify suite, over 1100 square feet..very spacious!
-great price on the suite when i booked it the rate was $275
-DJ played good music at the pool (however, this is not the place to be if you're looking for a quite, relaxing weekend)

CON's:
-musty odor in our suite!
-private patio has a view of the back street, not the pool area like I was told
-pool is very SMALL
-not enough chairs to lay out by the pool for the amount of hotel guests that stay there
-we called front desk to order food and was told they no longer offer room service??
-the night we stayed there, there was an event held downstairs in one of their spaces that had a DJ. Felt like we were at a high school dance!!
- Went back to the pool around 6pm, hoping the crowd would die down, and it was closed. When i called the front desk, it was closed to hygiene issues (pee and vomit in the pool!)

Based on the issues we came across, I wouldn't stay here again. There are plenty of other hotels to choose from!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Chelexi, thanks for your review and you will be happy to know that we have revised our room service hours! Sorry that you were affected by the initial change. But we read you loud and clear! Regarding the DJ.. you have to check him out. As you may or may not know, we have a partnership with Goldenvoice (they put on Coachella and Stagecoach) so we get some really great acts in house. This weekend it's Splash House with Moby and a ton of other great DJs. I hope you give us another shot and come back!

Travellers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

Palm Springs
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was a very disappointing stay. Our room was not ready until 5.30pm. There were no loungers available at the pool and the restaurant was not open during the evening. On the plus side the rooms are very spacious and well decorated.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Hi Annabel, I'm so sorry your room was not ready by our 4pm check-in time. I am discussing your review with my team and we will do our best to make sure everyone gets into their room by 4pm in the future!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My friend decided to have her birthday weekend there and booked 3 rooms for Friday night and 7 rooms for Saturday night. When we arrived Friday, we found out that three college fraternities had booked most of the hotel for the weekend. These college students were up all night, playing music and roaming the hallways. We had people banging on our doors at 2:30 am. When we complained the next morning, we were told that they would hire extra security for the night. The next day, Saturday, we spent at the pool. It was WAY too small and crowded. By mid-afternoon the water was cloudy and murky. We booked a cabana for the day and the service was terrible. I went back to my room at 5 pm to shower for dinner and discovered that housekeeping had left us with NO towels. NONE. I called housekeeping and was very rudely told that "we will do what we can". I called again and no one answered. I finally went down to the front desk (in my robe) and complained to the manager. He smirked at me and said "I will do what I can". I went back up and waited again. The towels finally got delivered almost 2 hours after my original phone call. Saturday night we had the same issues with being woken up by the college students.
This hotel is extremely understaffed and the staff that they have is rude and unaccommodating. About the only thing it has going for it is the location. I will not be returning.

4 Thank Nancy K
Hi Nancy
Thank you for taking the time to write. Popularity is a double-edged sword! We are so thrilled to host such great pool parties and crowds, but realize that sometimes it's not everyone's idea of fun. As for the lack of towels, there is no excuse. I will be addressing your review with my staff. We do value each and every guest who walks through our door and do hope you give us another try.
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel in May 2014. The check-in was really brief from Gabriel. We had no information regarding the hotel. It was a quick thank you. The pool is not clean and at 5pm there were no pool towels. The staff member told us to wait for the pool boy. Moreover, we called for towels. After 3 calls, the towels came finally one hour later. The only who does present itself is Drew and thanks to him we get the towels. Well I have to say that the valet staff are really helpful such as Drew at the Front Desk. The overall stay was still disappointing.

Room Tip: Don't wait for too much guest experience
2 Thank MulieJ
MulieJ apologies for your pool experience and having to wait for towels. On the flip side, thanks for giving Drew props! He's a good kid and does his best to make sure everyone is taken care of. Cloning him now...
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I'm a regular desert visitor & overthe years I've stayed at the Hyatt, Hilton and the Hard Rock (formerly Hotel Zoso) I really LIKE the Hard Rock, buuuuuut....READ ON

I get the whole identity campaign this Hard Rock franchise is aiming for---they're seeking a young, hip crowd to visit and treat the area as a party destination. I feel they want that celebrity experience and feel but it's lacking something. The new revamped lobby and poolside dj party areas are nice. (APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE) With that being said when you have a hotel that's completely sold out, with events/conferences, parties and a jumping pool set each day of the weekend its smart to hire additional staff. As a business professional I get it what they're aiming for but the customer service experience MUST BE UPGRADED TOO -- this is solely my opinion. Apparently, the sentiments we echoed by a couple we met in their 60s, another younger couple in their early 20s and several others we heard rumbling about wait times for valet service, the slow check-in process, the lack of knowledge reflected at the front desk and/or the sluggish bag retrieval, etc. the best thing I can recall is longtime employee (name unknown but he parks cars, has tats on the back of his arms and has been there since Zoso--he's the best! And the other guy came over from Hyatt who is great, as well.)

Let me also note, I've long been a fan of the hotel location and the price is great. The restaurant is ok at its best. After three visits I wish they'd bring the old Zoso menu back as this one needs a new chef and revamped menu FOR SURE to match the hotels interior! It was much tastier when it was Zoso. I do like the bar service until late nights.

Management listen up, you have to BRIDGE the gap between the millenials through the baby boomers to ensure to KEEP getting a continual flow of traffic and stay for years to come. I'll be back in August to see if things change for the better but right now try to iron all the kinks out before Summer's end.

Room Tip: if you want to be close to the action and people watch from your balcony get a pool view room. it c...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OurTravel T
Love_All_PS, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
THANK YOU for the thorough review, and your input. We truly value your opinion and will work on each of the points you bring up. Have a wonderful summer and hope to see you again soon.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs last month, and as soon as I pulled into the driveway, I was blown away! The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the staff was nothing short of amazing. I walked around as much of the hotel as I could to see it all around. Every inch of the hotel is covered with detail and design. The walls, the carpets, all the photos and memorabilia play so well into the theme of the hotel. I was impressed. I was also very impressed by the staff at the hotel. When we arrived, Drew checked me in and he was very polite, professional, and hospitable. He explained the amenities offered at the hotel very well, and clearly explained the happenings taking place that weekend. The pool crew was on top of their game and kept things running so well, even when the pool party crowd got a little overwhelming. Every morning, as we headed out for our day, we were greeted sincerely by the housekeeping staff. Even though we opted out of housekeeping services for the duration of our stay, they still took the initiative to greet us and ask if we needed anything. Overall perfect stay! Great facilities, restaurant and bar, and beautiful pool area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second level, facing the pool, have the best view! Balcony is amazing to sit back and e...
Hi Khalat T
We are so glad we rocked your stay!
Come back soon!