“Fun and Nice Hotel... Will Return!”

Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs
Ranked #40 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Los Angeles, California
“Fun and Nice Hotel... Will Return!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I recently booked a stay for my parents, my husband and I here. This hotel was recommended to us by a friend so when Expedia.com's deal came up, it was a no brainer. I booked the two rooms via Expedia.com, and then contacted the hotel the day before our trip. We requested early check-in and they put us on the list. When we arrived at the hotel, we were fortunate to get the early check-in on both rooms which really helped out as we needed to go out to our event shortly after we arrived. The guys at the Valet were very helpful and accommodating. The gentlemen who checked us in was great! He had a wonderful personality and was eager & able to answer all our questions; the check-in process went perfect and very quickly. Once we finished checking in, we went to the rooms which were neat and ready for us. A huge perk for us about this hotel was the fact it is walking distance to Palm Springs restaurant strip. After our event that night, we walked on over and enjoyed a wonderful meal at the mexican restaurant a block away. After dinner and drinks, we walked back to the hotel and slept pretty well, no complaints. In the morning we packed and then headed back to the front desk to check out. The BEST part about this hotel and booking through Expedia.com, in the end, is the fact we had to do nothing! Expedia.com sends us the bill so we were all ready set to go. So, we had the guys get our car from the valet lot and we were off. We will definitely come back to this Hard Rock :)

Room Tip: First Time staying here!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GemLady03
Love_All_PS, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Well aren't you a... GEM! We are so glad we could rock your stay and that you took the time to share the love! We are always thrilled when we can meet everyone's requests... checking people in early is one of our favorite perks! We always try to accommodate! Thank you again for everything and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Greek first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I just stayed here with my friend for a quick getaway and loved every minute I was there. From the time we stepped on property to our check in and then scoping out the hotel - I loved the decor from the renovation and the people on staff were fun and down to earth. Blake the bartender was awesome, attentive and charming and make a good stiff cocktail - just the way we like (seasoned Vegas girl syndrome). The pool scene was fun...a little version of their day club with a Dj, and an occasional beach ball being tossed around - it was perfect and not too crowded. I will definitely be coming back here to chill very soon and would recommend it to all!

Room Tip: Get a poolside room .. balconies are spacious! If you are a pool person, request the 1st floor pool...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julia V
Thanks Julia! We love having guests from Vegas! Hope to see you and your friend again soon!
San Jose, California
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I should have listen to the other Trip Advisor reviews about the dirty pool, skeleton staff and over all service of this place. But, we thought a themed hotel like this would be fun for an overnight trip with girlfriends. It was a mess!
The two interactions I had with housekeeping, the woman sighed heavily before handing over what I asked for, like I was a disrupting her day. The second time she did it, my friends were with me. They couldn't believe the attitude I got over asking for a couple of bottles of conditioner. It was a Sunday, the pool area was very crowded. That was expected and would have been fine only, there were just two servers and at times, one bartender.
There were even a lot of people in the dirty pool water. I even tried to go in (because that's why we came to Palm Springs---to be in and out of a pool) I kept getting long pieces of someone's hair caught in my fingers, just moving my fingers through the water. There was no pool-side food menu. Your food by the pool choices were hamburgers, hot dogs and french fries. They ran out of fries so then they would serve chips. That was it. No other choices of food. We saw someone with Tacos and asked a server. She said the restaurant closed at 2pm and that that was an old order. So, we had to leave the hotel to get food. Which, was actually fine since the pool scene wasn't as relaxing as we thought it would be. Oh, they have very few sun umbrella in that large space. This was challenging for the large amount of people in the 105 degree weather.
The Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs is a really weird place. At night you can see that some people's balcony lights are burning out so they flicker. Some elevator buttons light up, some do not. It feels like lipstick on a pig. Meaning, the design and decor of the place is funky and cool but everything else feels like no one cares about the place so, it's okay for the lobby bar area floor to be really sticky. It's okay to have sticky, gooey stuff dripping from faux leather walls in the hallways, hotel room bathrooms, etc. The entire place needs a serious deep cleaning and training in customer service. A really good General Manager would probably solve all these issues.
I'm just happy this was only an overnight trip. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $50 - $75 to be at a nicer hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank ahploda
Hello ahploda thanks for taking time to write. I'm so sorry you had a rough stay. I am happy to report that we have addressed the scheduling issues, and the restaurant is open from 7am to 10pm on Friday and Saturday, and 7am to 5pm on Sundays! Rest assured we go over each and every one of these reviews so that we can improve our game. We do hope you give us another shot!

Travellers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

Inglewood, California
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our stay at the new hard rock hotel in palm springs was outstanding. I've stayed at hard rock hotels before and this was by-far the best service i have had of any. Checking in was fast and Drew upgraded our room to a junior suite witch made our stay that much more luxurious. He also helps use to one of the BEST Italian food restaurants (360 north Italian restaurant) we have ever had…a great family owned restaurant with great service and great food. a must go!! (360 North).

The Pool is nice and the pool bar was great, the bartender was amazing and made good drinks at a great price. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends and anyone that ask. will be back to stay again.

Room Tip: all rooms were very nice and close to everything
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andre w
Hi Andre,
Thanks for sharing your experience! We are so pleased we could rock your vacation!
Come back soon and bring your friends!
PS...
Great news about the Italian place! I haven't even tried it so thanks for the head's up! I don't know why Drew's holdin' out on me! lol
Carson, California
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Recently stayed here for an all girls weekend getaway, and overall it wasn't what I expected it to be. It's definitely not the Hard Rock Vegas or Hard Rock San Diego that I pictured in my head. Heres my input on the hotel:

PRO's:
-perfect location. directly across the street from restaurants and shopping
-stylish decor throughout hotel
-stayed in the amplify suite, over 1100 square feet..very spacious!
-great price on the suite when i booked it the rate was $275
-DJ played good music at the pool (however, this is not the place to be if you're looking for a quite, relaxing weekend)

CON's:
-musty odor in our suite!
-private patio has a view of the back street, not the pool area like I was told
-pool is very SMALL
-not enough chairs to lay out by the pool for the amount of hotel guests that stay there
-we called front desk to order food and was told they no longer offer room service??
-the night we stayed there, there was an event held downstairs in one of their spaces that had a DJ. Felt like we were at a high school dance!!
- Went back to the pool around 6pm, hoping the crowd would die down, and it was closed. When i called the front desk, it was closed to hygiene issues (pee and vomit in the pool!)

Based on the issues we came across, I wouldn't stay here again. There are plenty of other hotels to choose from!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Chelexi, thanks for your review and you will be happy to know that we have revised our room service hours! Sorry that you were affected by the initial change. But we read you loud and clear! Regarding the DJ.. you have to check him out. As you may or may not know, we have a partnership with Goldenvoice (they put on Coachella and Stagecoach) so we get some really great acts in house. This weekend it's Splash House with Moby and a ton of other great DJs. I hope you give us another shot and come back!
Palm Springs
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was a very disappointing stay. Our room was not ready until 5.30pm. There were no loungers available at the pool and the restaurant was not open during the evening. On the plus side the rooms are very spacious and well decorated.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Hi Annabel, I'm so sorry your room was not ready by our 4pm check-in time. I am discussing your review with my team and we will do our best to make sure everyone gets into their room by 4pm in the future!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My friend decided to have her birthday weekend there and booked 3 rooms for Friday night and 7 rooms for Saturday night. When we arrived Friday, we found out that three college fraternities had booked most of the hotel for the weekend. These college students were up all night, playing music and roaming the hallways. We had people banging on our doors at 2:30 am. When we complained the next morning, we were told that they would hire extra security for the night. The next day, Saturday, we spent at the pool. It was WAY too small and crowded. By mid-afternoon the water was cloudy and murky. We booked a cabana for the day and the service was terrible. I went back to my room at 5 pm to shower for dinner and discovered that housekeeping had left us with NO towels. NONE. I called housekeeping and was very rudely told that "we will do what we can". I called again and no one answered. I finally went down to the front desk (in my robe) and complained to the manager. He smirked at me and said "I will do what I can". I went back up and waited again. The towels finally got delivered almost 2 hours after my original phone call. Saturday night we had the same issues with being woken up by the college students.
This hotel is extremely understaffed and the staff that they have is rude and unaccommodating. About the only thing it has going for it is the location. I will not be returning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Nancy K
Hi Nancy
Thank you for taking the time to write. Popularity is a double-edged sword! We are so thrilled to host such great pool parties and crowds, but realize that sometimes it's not everyone's idea of fun. As for the lack of towels, there is no excuse. I will be addressing your review with my staff. We do value each and every guest who walks through our door and do hope you give us another try.