We - a group of 3 friends - had made a reservation by phone in advance. Making a very short trip to SoCal, we planned to stay only one night at Desert Star Hotel in Palm Springs. I had talked with Davy, and afterwards he immediately sent a confirmation by email. Very good first impression.
After a long drive we arrived at DSH at the beginning of the evening. Reality was even better than our expectations, having read reviews on TripAdvisor and seen their website:
- very warm welcome by owners Davy and Walter
- very spacious, beautifully decorated and functional bungalow (we stayed in bungalow 4, which was big enough for the three of us)
- the whole place itself was everything that you would want arriving in a hotel after a long trip: beautiful neighborhood, unique architecture, great color scheme, small-scale, personal attention, a total joy.
Dave and Walter are - what we would say in Holland - the salt in the soup. They make the difference. Thanks for allowing us to check out at any time the next day; thanks for your warm welcome and help (and Davy: you do make a great mojito! And I still suspect that you quickly sneaked out to get some fresh mint leaves somewhere.... what a service!).
I can say that we were truly sorry that we couldn't stay more than one night. Palm Springs is not next door to us, but you will definitely see us back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Star is a mid-century modern hotel offering an intimate, relaxing experience, while being surrounded by palm trees and impressive mountain views. Each bungalow is a spacious 600 square feet and has a living room and fully-equipped kitchen. Read a good book by our heated salt water pool, explore the desert on one of our cruiser bikes, or just unwind in your own private patio. ... more less