“Wow!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
North Vancouver
“Wow!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

What a great cozy getaway. Larry and Ed are the best. Ed feels like an old friend and Larry
knows all the best places to eat and anything else you need to know. The cleaning lady did a great job every time and she is friendly too. This place is so-o-o relaxing! I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this place. It is close to everything, yet feels like you are far away. Hope to return!

Anne and Fred

Room Tip: Room number 7 gave right onto the pool...excellent!
2 Thank wondewoman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Hebrew first
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

This small inn is a wonderful place to stay. It is kept in an impeccable manner, is charming in decor and it is comfortable in every respect. The owners are exceptional to deal with, kind and have great personalities.

1 Thank Chuck440
Lloydminster Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

This was our third stay in Palm Springs and each time we have stayed at a different boutique hotel. The hotel is in a very nice location well within walking distance of downtown Palm Springs. The hotel was quiet being off on a less-travelled side street. Ed was a gem being so friendly and open but I am afraid that we found Larry to be quite aloof. Ed's restaurant recommendations were spot on. I felt the hotel could have done somewhat more in being more welcoming in terms of providing a daily paper (or a communal one that all could read) and investing in a larger coffee maker might be a good idea. We were disappointed that the outdoor firepit was not available either in the morning or longer on the cool evenings. The firepit is on a 3-hour timer as the owners leave by 5:00 p.m.

The hotel was very clean and the rooms were excellent.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sarso57
Northport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Our first visit will definitely not be our last. What a wonderful discovery my wife and I made when exploring where we should stay while in Palm Springs, and a great reward after a long flight from New York. This place is conveniently located in a quiet neighborhood while within easy walking distance of the heart of downtown with its many shops and wonderful restaurants. Ed and Larry are helpful, attentive hosts who make great recommendations about places to see and places in which to find great meals. If you're looking for a hotel with lots of rooms and amenities and crowds and bars, etc., well, go somewhere else; this is not the place for you. If you want a place that is clean, cozy yet spacious, and very relaxing, look no further than Old Ranch Inn.

3 Thank revtjhd
Northport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

We loved the Old Ranch Inn. My husband and I thought the location was perfect. The Inn is just a couple of blocks away from downtown so we could walk almost everywhere we wanted to go. Larry was fabulous about recommending restaurants. We followed his advice and had wonderful breakfasts and dinners. The inn was very clean and the atmosphere was very restful. We will definitely return again. Larry and Ed are great hosts!

2 Thank dreamgoddess
Buena Park, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,036 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I STILL love this place! Like so many others have said, "what a find." This was my fourth time staying at the Old Ranch Inn. I can't say enough about this retreat. The owners, Ed and Larry always make me feel as if I am truly a valued guest. They are also extremely knowledgeable about Palm Springs, and came up with great dinner locations. I have never had an issue with anything here, and I plan on returning next November.

Our group had two of the eight rooms available. This means that six of our neighbors were strangers. Not the case, not even close. Within an hour or so, we were all chatting poolside, and realizing how much we all had in common. Where else can you visit with vacationing neighbors as if you have known them for years? Again, another great quality associated with The Old Ranch Inn.

The location is great. You are within minutes of downtown, and for us gamblers, very close to casinos.

The Old Ranch Inn is a must visit location when you are in Palm Springs. I would suggest booking early, and can't wait until my next visit, where I will meet some new non-strangers.

Thank you for your hospitality and making me feel like family!!!

Sorry I missed Teresa from housekeeping on this visit!

Bob - Buena Park, CA

Room Tip: Pool view rooms: 4,5,7 & 8.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
11 Thank 90622
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

My partner and I have been coming to the "Ranch" for at least 5 years. I cannot believe that someone complained there was no bread in the morning. I am sure if there was bread they complain it was not their type to eat. If I may suggest if you want bread go to the Hilton where you will be treated as a number and not a valued guest. Teresa bends over backward to care for the visitors. She will try to do anything in her power to ensure a pleasant stay. On Thanksgiving she worked from 7:30 until 5 and never complained and was cheerful all day. I did not want her to tidy our room so she could get out early but she insisted.
We enjoy room 1 as it is spacious and we do not disturb other guests if we leave early or get back late. I lvoe the bed in 1 too as it is firm and It is the only place I sleep well even at home. We cannot wait until March for our next visit but it will be tinged with sadness as we will be buying a home in Palm Springs and not be staying here anymore but we will visit to say Hello.

Room Tip: There is nto a bad room
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple