“Welcome home!”
Review of Old Ranch Inn

Old Ranch Inn
Ranked #22 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 2 March 2013

It has been a year since we were here for two weeks and I was looking forward to coming back as everything was pretty much perfect last year. Life got even better this year. We were welcomed as if we genuinely mattered, and I believe we do. It was a good feeling. As well, we are in the same suite, but they got a new closet, a new bathroom vanity, and everything is even better. I had ordered some parcels before leaving Canada and had them delivered to the office and they were waiting on arrival.
This place is small enough that there is no competition of any kind for space, location, or comfort. The bed in suite one is firm....perfect. there is a huge, amazingly comfortable couch, two arm chairs, a fireplace, and a good sized kitchenette. you get your own little private patio which is really special. We are only three blocks from the main strip and enjoy both the quiet and convenience of being able to walk to envy thing.
Ed and Larry are the most friendly, efficient, and helpful business owners we have encountered. If you want to know anything about Palm Springs or the area, they will be able to help you. After bad treatment in Las Vegas, this is truly heaven.

Room Tip: Go for room 1 or 2.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mmff4
There are newer reviews for Old Ranch Inn

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed at the Old Ranch Inn from February 17-24, 2013. It was during Modernism Week. This was my first time traveling to Palm Springs, and I did not know what to expect. I thought it would be a cross between South Beach and Palm Beach, FL. It is not, thank God. It has its own vibe and scene altogether different, and it’s called “relaxation.” The Old Ranch Inn is the most comfortable and low key place I have ever stayed at. Larry and Ed are so charming, informative, and just down right friendly, and they make their place feel like a home, rather than like a hotel, or a B&B. The Old Ranch Inn is located in the tennis club section of Palm Springs, and it is a very walkable neighborhood. I did not rent a car and I just walked everywhere. The pool is very nice and heated to a very comfortable temperature, so I did swim a few laps in the mornings. You have to chase the sun in the afternoons, and I would move my chair several times to get a good sun location, so try to swim and suntan early in the day. The rooms are huge and the bed was very comfortable. It is so quiet that I did not have to take my sleeping pills at night in order to sleep. The guys lent me a flashlight to use at night as the street lamps do not come on once it gets dark, but there are lots of other people walking at night, so it was safe. I really enjoyed the wonderful restaurants that Palm Springs had to offer, and my 2 favorite ones were the Kaiser Grille and Zin American Bistro, both located just 4 blocks away. I started crying when the cab came to pick me up at 7:00 a.m. for my 8:00 a.m. flight, so I knew then I would definitely return. Larry and Ed are the best hosts I have ever encountered and consider them as friends.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were huge and comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank CityGirl405
Reviewed 19 February 2013 via mobile

Just returned home from our 6th visit and we wish we could turn around and go right back. The minute we walk through the doors we feel relaxed and at home. Ed & Larry make us feel like welcomed family and the charming "old ranch" atmosphere brings a smile anywhere you look. Within walking distance to the middle of the village of Palm Springs, the location couldn't be better. If you want a big soulless hotel chain, forget Old Ranch Inn. If you want charm and warmth, Old Ranch Inn is your place!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank cabailey
Reviewed 15 February 2013

We spent 3 nights with Ed and Larry at their beautiful inn in February of 2013. Delightful place. Immaculate, beautifully decorated; quiet; just lovely. Very convenient (less than 10 minutes walk?) to downtown. Ed and Larry are perfect hosts, even transporting guests to and from the local airport. We were in town for biking, and they made it very easy for us to store our bikes. They know everything about PS and made a couple of great restaurant recommendations. I would definitely go there again.

Room Tip: The hotel is only one floor. MOST of the rooms have french doors that look out onto the charming po...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elaine7768
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Our 8-day stay at the Old Ranch Inn was everything we hoped it would be. The location makes it ideal for walking to the restaurants and shops or strolling through the quiet of the area. Larry gave us an informative introduction with local map and restaurant guide - enough to make anyone feel organized and ready to explore. Ed also looks after your every need, and adds to your appreciation of the area as he chats to you. We laughed a lot conversing with him. They sincerely enjoy making you welcome.

Our room (#8) was tastefully furnished and we instantly felt at home. We like to have enough of a kitchen to be able to make breakfast at our leisure, so with the full fridge and microwave, coffee pot and toaster, we could do so - or enjoy a drink or snack at any time. The pool was pristine, as was everything else, and there was various areas to lounge in sun or shade, watching the hummingbirds zooming about the garden. We wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Rooms 4,5,7 & 8 open directly onto the pool. We really like room 8 because it was at the end wi...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marilyn W
Reviewed 2 February 2013

The Old Ranch Inn is a real find in Palm Springs. The owners are wonderful, warm, friendly and helpful - they make you feel so welcome. The rooms are perfect, the shower is great, the bed is wonderful. The little pool really hits the spot. It is a short walk to the center of Palm Springs, but when you are at the inn, you feel a million miles away.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank KarenG144
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed in room one, which had a comfortable sitting area, fireplace, dining area, and kitchen. The "room" was extremely clean, comfortable, and convenient to downtown Palm Springs. The innkeepers are accommodating and helpful. In addition, fresh fruit, tea, and coffee was available each morning. I didn't rate it with five stars because it didn't have a Jacuzzi. We will definitely return to the Old Ranch Inn.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple