“Fabulous Stay!!”
Review of Old Ranch Inn

Old Ranch Inn
Ranked #24 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 12 June 2007

We stayed here the first weekend of June, along with three other couples, for a get-away/golf weekend for my husband's 40th birthday. Everyone left saying they can't wait to get back! The rooms were very charming, the mountain view from the pool was awesome, the pool area was so relaxing and Larry and Ed were great hosts. I'm not used to staying in small hotels, usually preferring large hotels with poolside service and on-site restaurants for breakfast - or so I thought!! This place brought me to a place of relaxation I haven't been to in a long time. We enjoyed sitting by the pool each morning, munching on pastries and drinking coffee. Each afternoon found us out there again, floating on rafts, reading magazines and quietly catching up with each other. The location is great - we took a cab to dinner each evening and walked back to retreat to our cozy rooms. It was truly a wonderful weekend, much thanks to this gem!!

Stayed: June 2007
5  Thank travelingmom2_3

Reviewed 10 June 2007

My husband and I spent a long Memorial Day weekend at the Old Ranch Inn and we loved it! We were looking for a relaxing and peaceful oasis from our hectic city lives and this was the perfect spot and exactly what we were looking for! Well appointed, excellent hosts, and relaxing poolside. Definitely recommend!!

Stayed: May 2007
5  Thank LincolnParkChicago
Reviewed 29 May 2007

Normally, my daughter and I book a "spa day" for Mother's Day. This year, instead, we decided to pamper ourselves by staying in quiet and convenient luxury instead of spending it on facials or massages. We wanted the perfect weekend and memory as each year we try to outdo what we did the year before.
My daughter and I both are picky and look for details in where we stay or eat. If the occasion calls for it, then we really want something special.
We researched extensively to find the perfect place. We, in no way, were disappointed but instead were so pleased in our choice. Also great to find how close and convenient Old Ranch Inn was to downtown Palm Springs. We were able to walk everywhere if we wanted to.
We booked the one bedroom suite in case my daughter or I wanted to sleep in while the other was up and about.
The detail and personal touch the suite offered was evident that the owners, Larry and Ed, took extra time and energy to ensure the esthetic quality in their guests stay. Each room has it's own color and motif more like a home than standard hotel decor.
It was gratifying that Ed and Larry are aware of all the guests and their comfort.. They protect the quiet atmosphere and privacy for all the guests. Even to details, one might notice, they have the desired effect-the rooms smell clean and fresh without sprays and chemicals but rather clean air and linens. This would be particularly important for my daughter who has allergies.
The pool was salt water and very clean. The temperature was perfect because even with the warm weather, I don't like a shockingly cold pool.
I would recommend this lodge for any one who appreciates a restful, quiet, peaceful, convenient place for a romantic getaway or just time to de-stress. I wouldn't recommend this for families with small children or groups of people who want to party with no restrictions. Not that these aren't fun and have a time and place but this place isn't that kind of place.

• Stayed: May 2007
5  Thank MsMeticulous
Reviewed 22 May 2007

A three-night stay in late April 2007 was the perfect escape from otherwise hectic lives. The Old Ranch Inn is quiet and lovely, with beautiful plantings, small fountains, and baskets of oranges for the taking. We had #2 (a one-bedroom suite), which was large and nicely decorated, very comfortable. Although all eight rooms were booked, the Inn was quiet, especially at night, when we would take some wine and sit beside the pool, the air filled with the scent of jasmine, the sky full of stars. Ed and Larry are the perfect hosts, gracious, charming, and ready to meet every need. We felt completely at home on this, our first visit, and hope to return soon to what we now consider "our place" in Palm Springs.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JuliaLaJolla
Reviewed 22 May 2007

My husband and I went to Palm Springs for the first time this spring. We stayed at The Old Ranch Inn and have to say, it's just the best place. So relaxing and just lovely! Ed and Larry are the proprietors and were so welcoming and full of ideals as to what to see, do and where to eat. Make sure you eat at Copleys (Cary Grants Cottage), Zen, (for dinner) and Manhattan at the Desert for breakfast. Thursday evenings Palm Springs is closed off for a wonderful Arts Festival. I hope you will look The Old Ranch Inn up and decide to stay there - you will love it!

8  Thank travelercolumbus
Reviewed 17 May 2007

Absolutely enjoyed our 2 night stay at the Old Ranch Inn.
My sister and I traveled to Palm Springs for the first time and would recommend the town and the Inn wholeheartedly.
We felt welcome, comfortable and secure without any worries.
Larry and Ed were happy to accomadate us in whatever we needed.
The spacious ,well decorated room was comfortable and nicely located within walking distance to the downtown shopping area.
Many nice places to eat and shop without needing a rental car.
When it was time to go to the airport the hosts were happy to drive us the short distance.
I look forward to going back to Palm Springs when the Canadian winter gets too cold.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
7  Thank mothergoose05
Reviewed 14 May 2007

My husband and I just returned from a weekend stay at Old Ranch Inn in Palm Springs and really enjoyed it. The hotel of 8 rooms is located in the "historic hotel area" or "Tennis Club" area of PS - which is just a couple of blocks from the hub of shopping and restaurants. The hotel area is quiet but so convenient to everything. The owner/managers were friendly and very helpful in recommendations on what to do and where to eat in the area. The rooms are nicely updated, comfortable and have extras, including a kitchenette. They are centered around the pool, accessed by french doors. This was our first trip to PS; we look forward to returning and would stay at Old Ranch Inn again.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple