“sooooooo overated”
Review of Bernie's Lounge and Supper Club - CLOSED

Bernie's Lounge and Supper Club
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the new "Up and Coming" South Palm Springs. At Bernie's, re-live the atmosphere of what dining used to be. Stop by for martinis, supper and a swingin' lounge act. Transport yourself to a time when nothing else mattered - except for being cool. Executive Chef, Jason Moffitt, oversees the creation of each incredible dish. Chef Moffitt focuses on creating classic American
Reviewed 4 July 2014

this restaruant is one of the newer guys in town and has gotten a lot of interest. It is a makeover of an old restaurant and int terms of uncofortable seating, it has remained the same. the food is just average and does not suit the very inflated prices. the waiter tried to tell me that the prime rib is boneless becasue the chef uses the bones for the baked marrow appetizer. and of course, rib bones are not the bones used for baked marrow. my hangar steak was ok but they put it on a sizzle pan and you could see that the pan wasnt sizzling (not even hot) and the steak probably not cooked on this pan. It was accompanied by many to many whole mexican/spanish green onions that were difficult to either pick up or cut. the special pasta of the day didnt look any too special and the wedge salad didnt have enough dressing for my husband and alsmost had to argue with the wait staff who kept trying to tell him where the dressing was on the plate when it was actually quite missing. the best thing was the glass of cabernet i had. for a house wine it was wonderful. the desserts are not to my taste no mater what the variation of smores or other supposed favorites and that is all you could taste in the two desserts ordered was sugar on top of sugar and marshmallows or marshmallow cream. the best thing about the restaurant is the musicians who play in the very small lounge but you cant hear them if you are in the dining room. For the prices they charge, I will go elsewhere there are a lot better restauants in the area.

There are newer reviews for Bernie's Lounge and Supper Club

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Bernie's brings back the glamour of old Palm Springs with it's intimate seating , great live jazz entertainment and delicious food. I have had over six meals here and each time it is wonderful. The staff are professional, friendly and on top form. They have an early bird menu which is a great deal at $19.99 whichi ncludes, soup or salad, entree choice and dessert. The regular menu is always a treat, and their Shrimp Cocktail is the best I've had in the desert, extra big plump juicy shrimp and served in a beautiful presentation. The Prime rib is delcious as well as the yummy risotto with chorizo and seafood...really good! Great palce to go before an show, or for a special night out. Great place!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

As customers of the previous establishment we were very curious to find out what the new owners at Bernie's brought to the table, as it were. I'm glad to say that they have definitely upgraded the cuisine and even more so, the service, at this charming little bistro. First of all they understand the first immutable law of Palm Springs restaurant success -- pour a very large, very cold, and very smooth Martini. Second provide professional and personable wait staff. Third, know how to cook and present.

The house special Prime Rib was indeed that -- special. Without question one of tastiest cuts of prime rib I've ever had the pleasure to enjoy. Unfortunately my rapture was somewhat muted by the fact that it was my wife's choice and I had to satisfy myself with occasional handouts. Fortunately she took pity on me and was moved to commendable generosity as she watched me try to chew my way through an under-marinated hanger steak. That and the "Applebee's" quality wine list: lots of surprisingly low-shelf table wine with an occasional Cakebread level offering, were the two disappointments of the evening.

The music, provided live by a very pleasant combo, was perfect and added greatly to the ambience. We will be back and I will definitely order the prime rib -- and bring my own bottle of wine.

1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We went here because it was just across from our hotel and the reviews here were good. We were no disappointed! I don't think I've ever been at a restaurant with so many friendly staff, from hostess to waiter to bartender to lady who poured the water, they were all very nice and chatty, without being pushy. We started with two summer cocktails, cucumber lemonade and a watermelon martini, great taste and very refreshing. Dinner were scallops (huge and good structure, very tasty) and blackened steak ( nicely cooked at rare, very tender). Desert was sticky toffee pudding and a caramel pot, both of which were very rich but yummie. The live music was very fitting to the place, and matched the rat pack good old days style of the place. The only reason I'm not giving the place the full 5 stars is that the entrees were a bit expensive. Still, we will probably be back....

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Bernie's Lounge and Supper Club was a nice little surprise. The hotel we were staying at recommended it so we checked it out. Walked in to live music and a cozy intimate atmosphere. The drinks served were delicious and the menu had many choices. 6 of us all ordered different meals and we were all very happy with our dinner. We were celebrating an Anniversary and the waiter served a free dessert to us. Nice touch! Great service and fabulous food!