“THE PERFECT PLACE TO RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of The Rossi Hotel

The Rossi Hotel
Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Twentynine Palms, California
“THE PERFECT PLACE TO RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 19 May 2010

Very nice establishment and well taken care of. Comfortable beds and nice scenery. Next to the main strip off Palm Canyon near many nice and well established dinners. If you are looking for a warm place to relax and chill while you spend time shopping in Palm Springs, check this place out. I try to book it everytime I go. The rooms are roomy and almost like a 1 bedroom apartment that gets great service everyday.nice personal :]

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tnd2e

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 19 May 2010

We booked at The San Giuliano Hotel,themI looked on this site and saw two bad reviews,I was getting very nervous about our trip.When we arrived we were given a great suite!!!..The ranch hacienda ...
The staff was OUTSTANDING ..everybody was helpful and so nice!!!!
The room was very clean..We had a awesome time,
We will stay there again and again...

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank marshallwashington
Calgary
Reviewed 13 May 2010

The San Giuliano is not a party hotel. If you seek over-bearing hotel staff, noise, the general intrusion of other guests choose a big chain hotel. This tiny, boutique hotel offers quiet in a very low-key almost European manner. The garden surrounding the pool is sublime. The staff were helpful, kind and accomodating. I have stayed in this hotel on many occasions over the years and look forward to going back as soon as possible. The San Giuliano is a treasure

Stayed April 2010
2 Thank QueenieCalgary
Olympia, WA
Reviewed 5 May 2010

This hotel is in an excellent location and has the POTENTIAL to be a jewel. The grounds and pool area are very pretty and fairly well maintained. The internet pictures led us to believe the room would be of the same quality; however, that was not the case. We stayed in the sunflower villa. We chose this hotel over the Andalusian Court for the sole reason that it had a pull out bed and we were promised a feather bed topper would be available for use on top of the pull out bed. Not only was there no feather bed topper, we had to ask for the bed linens several times before even those were delivered. The bed was the most uncomfortable hotel bed I have ever had to sleep on. Imagine your great-aunt's hide-a-bed that is about 40 years old with a 2 inch mattress and NO padding whatsoever over the springs. After complaining to the elusive "management," we were provided with the feather bed topper, which did help minimally with the comfort of the bed. The room was also very, very dirty. The tile floor left our feet completely black if we walked around barefoot. We again complained after the first day, and the floor was mopped once. We stayed for five days and the floor was never mopped again after that. The bottom of the shower was stained black. The jets in the bathtub released a black substance into the tub that was either mold or dirt -- not conducive to a lingering, warm bath. The kitchen was laughably understocked. There were three of us (which we had made exceedingly clear when we booked the room). We had to request an extra wine glass; we had to request an extra plate; we had to request extra paper towels; we had to request extra bowls; we had to request spoons; we had to request an extra serrated knife. The stove had one large and one small burner; the large burner did not work. The last night of our stay the hot tub would not get hot. Everything about the place screamed chintzy, chintzy, chintzy, and needs maintenance in a big way. The management was never available and the thought of them providing anything remotely resembling "concierge" service is laughable. The hotel also advertises it has a "no children" policy, yet there was a child in the pool most of the five days we were there. Don't let Adriana or any of the others at the offsite management company sell you a bill of goods. There are quite a few hotels in this area; if you want to stay within walking distance of downtown, this is a nice neighborhood, but find something else. This place is really quite expensive for all the things you don't get.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
6 Thank stlh2o
California
Reviewed 15 April 2010

I'm never a complainer, but I just really had to write this review for the first time.

so... I heard great things about this place, so my partner and I decided to go for a weekend getaway. We arrived there at 2 pm which was our early check-in time, this lady at the front desk said the room is not ready and no greetings at all. So I asked her when would it be ready, and she said "I DON'T KNOW" like she does not care!! She did not even apologize! I asked her again when I should be back and she said around 3:30. We brought our food that had to be kept in the fridge, so I had to walk in to that uncleaned room and saw everything what person before me used! It was just disgusting.

When we came back at 3:40, room was ready but I was not happy.. didn't even look like they vacuumed and most importantly, that lady did not even apologize or say any kind of words.. SO RUDE!.. I NEVER EXPERIENCE ANYTHING LIKE THAT. WHAT KIND OF SERVICE IS THAT? (I don't even know her name, she had black hair and black eye make-up.)

Overall, the place is nice, but smaller than what I expected and pictures seen on the website. The temperature at Jacuzzi is not working properly. The water is warm, does not get hotter.
I could of enjoyed this place if the SERVICE was appropriate. If I visit this place again, I'm not staying at the Gold Hacienda, its not private.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank traveltheworld1884
canoga park
Reviewed 29 March 2010

We just returned from our get away at The San Giuliano hotel,and I cant say enough positives about our time there.The staff were friendly and courteous,eager to make us confortable in every way,our room (the ranch hacienda) was clean,well furnished and comfy,the king sized bed was wonderful!!!..The grounds were beautifully kept, I was worried after having read some negatives people have reported about this hotel,but we were more than pleased with all aspects of our stay there and would go back again!
By the way...GABBY AND SUSSIE THANK YOU BOTH VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cindy2345
California
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Just returned from a weekend in the Sunset Suite, Room #1. Enjoyed our 25th wedding anniversary in Palm Springs. The room had a smell of cleaning solutions upon arrival but after opening the doors the smell was gone. Room was clean overall, but floors were a little dusty when wearing socks they were dirty, but we were in the desert. The patio was private and very nice. Private jacuzzi and fireplace to light a duraflame log in was nice and romantic. Candles provided on patio added to the ambiance. Kitchen had all amentities you could need (coffemaker, blender, toaster). Bathroom was my favorite! Jacuzzi tub and seperate shower and bathroom was very clean. Blowdryer provided. The bedroom was nice. King sized bed with feather bed topper was very comfortable. It felt as if we had the resort to ourselves. Only 8 rooms and never really crossed paths with other guests. Security gates after dark offered a sense of security. Walking distance to all the Palm Springs happenings. We enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning to this resort again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple