“It keeps getting better each trip.”
Review of Helios

Helios
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I just returned from a 9-day visit to Palm Springs and Helios Resort and, like every time before, the experience was amazing. I arrived early at the resort (about 9:30 in the morning) and my room was ready and waiting for me. Once again, the owners and staff went out of their way to accommodate all their guests and their requests to make everyone feel comfortable and at home. Keep up the good work guys!!! The resort and grounds are just as wonderful and awesome as I remember from past trips and I felt at home as soon as I walked through the gate. And the lemon tree on the grounds was loaded with huge, juicy lemons just waiting to be picked and squeezed into all my margaritas... and there were many margaritas too. LOL The last 4 or 5 months have been a journey into hell for me and my stress level was approaching insanity levels; but all the guys at Helios created such an environment and level of service that all that stress and crap disappeared. I truly felt as if I was in paradise. I am ready for another return trip and am already working on getting back down there.

The weekend I was there was White Party, and once again, Helios threw one of their HOT HOT famous parties. And even though it was very cool that Saturday night, between 200 and 250 men descended upon the resort between 10pm and 6am to play play play. In fact, it was the resort's 2nd largest party turnout.

If there was a drawback on this trip it would probably be the construction taking place in the lot just east of the resort. The area hospital purchased the lot and is expanding its facilities and building a solar parking lot; but after working on construction sites for the last 5 years, the small amount of noise generated from the work-site was negligible and didn't impact my ability to get all the rest and relaxation I wanted or needed.

Once again guys, thanks for making this trip memorable as always and I am looking forward to my next trip to Palm Springs and my stay at Helios Resort.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank GuyontheHill

Reviewed 4 June 2010

We have been going back to Helio's several times a year for a few years now and it is always a great stay. I can't say enough good things about the staff and owners, they are all great people. I really can't imagine staying anywhere else in Palm Springs. Helios has become like a second home to us and our dogs!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2010

My stay at Helio was great -- will definitely go back. My room was a bit outdated and in need of new carpet but otherwise the value is very good. the highlights are the grounds...very tranquil, very green, clean and well-kept; the pool is clean and heated to a perfect temperature. I found it very easy to relax at Helios. The other highlight is the staff , who are extremely friendly, welcoming and accommodating. That includes the family pooches who come by to greet you every so often but are very well-behaved. I stayed there during a party weekend but you always feel like you can get away from it if you want. Looking forward to my next stay.

2  Thank Jetspin
Reviewed 25 April 2010

Spent another 8 days at Helios and once again, had a wonderful time!! Fresh-picked lemons off their tree made my margaritas that much better. Although its still a bit cool at night in Palm Springs in early April, the weekend I was there was their Easter party and it was another HOT time in the desert. The owners and staff are top-notch and go out of their way to accommodate their guests. I am already planning the next trip and looking forward to another great, relaxing stay at Helios!

1  Thank GuyontheHill
Reviewed 24 April 2010

Having just returned from Palm Springs, I have to commend the Helios Boys for a wonderful stay! I was given a warm welcome upon my arrival and given a generous tour of the grounds. The hosts are all A-1. They are helpful and non-intrusive....in short, perfect hosts!

My room was clean and modern! It comprised of a king size bed, a galley kitchenette, and a bathroom with a modern shower ....with yes, a hose attachment---If you're gay, you'll know!! The bath was well stocked with towels and toiletries, and the kitchen had a microwave and a coffee maker with ample coffee. The room was comfortably air conditioned....not too hot...or cold! Everything was just excellent!

The outside area was very nice. There are lemon trees, birds, and lots of beautiful flowers. I was too busy to go into the pool or the hot tub, but they were clean as a whistle. The outdoor furniture was clean, and you could see that everything was well maintenanced. Breakfast in the morning was always on time and very generously supplied. I would drink my morning coffee outside of my room, and was always greeted by the three well behaved.dogs that stood guard. They would say good morning and went on their way...they were never bothersome. The play areas were great fun and well maintained as well.

I've read other reviews that complained that the hosts leave at 5pm. Um, so what?? There's enough to do and see without help. I didn't feel I needed to have my hand held. Half the fun of travelling is exploring. Helios Resort is close to everything. The casinos are within walking distance. So are most of the shops and restaurants. One doesn't need a tour guide. I do recommend renting a car though. I did on this visit and managed to branch out of central Palm Springs which really broadened my horizons. The other two times, I travelled on foot....which made for some long walks.

I give Helios Resort and the Helios Boys a BIG thumbs up. They know how to run an A-1 place for gay men. They treat their guests right!!

Reviewed 14 February 2010

My king-bedded room was very pleasant and clean and had a kitchenette with microwave, fridge and coffee maker - stocked with coffee. Adequate bath and pool towels provided. Minimal bathroom amenities. The hotel is quite small but all of the guests were friendly - a wide variety of ages/types so no one will feel out of place whether you keep your clothes on or not. The owners were charming and helpful when asked and threw a wild party on Saturday night during which only a very few of the 50-80 revelers wore more than a towel. The large hot tub was particularly popular as were the well-equipped interior play spaces given the chilly evening temps. I expect the outdoor spots would be more active in warmer weather. At other times there were few people around and it was very quiet. Breakfast was adequate though I could have wished it to be available later in the morning, particularly after the party. Free wifi was strong everywhere. While it felt on the pricey side I think it is competitive with the other gay resorts here. I'll definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank Traveler587
Reviewed 23 November 2009

I cant say enough about this hotel, the staff and owners - you definitely have to try it . The hotel might be on the small side with 11 rooms but that allows you to get to know the other guests (as well as you want to) and it seems every weekend the rooms are booked with some sexy hot men both staying there and on day passes. If you are fortunate enough to get in on a weekend when they are having one of their late night parties (book at least a few weeks ahead), make sure you rest up before hand and stay and extra night to recover!!I've done the circuit thing and partied all over the world but these men know how to throw a party!...and the next day, the grounds and play rooms are so clean you'd never know what happened the prevous night. Keep it up guys, I'll keep coming back.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo