“Best Little Hotel Ever”

Ranked #1 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Vancouver, Canada
“Best Little Hotel Ever”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I stayed here in August of 2012 for only two nights, but it was by far the best hotel experience I have ever had. When we checked in we were immediately offered an ice cold beer (perfect since it was the middle of a heat wave!). Our room was the smallest one, but it was still amazing! It was beautifully decorated and included a full complimentary gift basket of goodies. The pool was the best part. It was very quiet and relaxing and we happily took advantage of the complimentary sunscreen. The pool was even more special at night where little candle-type lights were carefully placed everywhere. I could not find fault with this hotel if I wanted. The service was amazing, the staff were lovely, and the property looks like it is out of a magazine. The price is also extremely reasonable and I hope they continue to keep it that way so I can plan to return soon.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 12 December 2012

This is my favorite place to stay in PS hands down. It's a charming property with comfortable, immaculate rooms and a fabulous pool that's always the perfect temperature. The owners are amazing and do everything they can to make you feel like a welcome guest in their home. They provide so many complimentary extras for you like bikes, sunscreen, snacks, drinks, a grill to cook on, DVDs, books, etc. and all at a very reasonable price. The only caveat I would give is it's off of a main street so there can be a little bit of street noise. It doesn't bother me but I know some people can be sensitive to that. Even with that small issue, I walk away from my weekends there relaxed and dying to book my next stay. I occasionally try other hotels but this is the one I keep coming back to.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Dec 08, 2012 Had a great stay for one night in the VIP room off the lobby. Judy was a wonderful hostess. Loved that snacks, water, sodas were complimentary in the room. This is service the way it should be. Nice fire pit and candles around the pool at night made it so relaxing. Went to the Palm Springs Follies, it was a great show.
We'll certainly return!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank John8254
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2012

This hotel really does live up to all the expectations we had after reading previous reviews.
The attention to detail is quite remarkable and Larry makes you most welcome on arrival. Judy is a star and so hospitable. Everything just works together to make this the ideal place for relaxing from the immaculate rooms and grounds to the lovely heated pool. It is all beautifully lit in the evening and the fire pit is a great setting for meeting other guests.
We adjusted our plans and stayed for an extra night and are already planning a return visit.

1 Thank Wrights46
Mountlake Terr., WA
Reviewed 2 December 2012

After spending 3 weeks at the Desert Riviera my husband and I highly recommend it. Everything was first class all the way. We will most definitely go back again, for hopefully a month.
The pool area including the fire pit were unbelievable.
Last but not least Judi, Patti, Larry, Jay and Traci couldn't have been better hosts.
Loved the new limo!!!
Mac and Helen, Seattle, WA

Oud-Turnhout, Belgium
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I had a few hotels on my mind for my trip to Palm Springs but I'm glad i stayed here. Good vibe, friendly staff. Firepit and pool at night are nice. Rooms are very clean.
Lost my camera memory stick at the place and it was returned after a day or two, cool.
There's some traffic during the day but it didn't bother me, normally I'm very sensitive with noise. I extended my stay with two more days. There's a lot to see: beautiful mid-century houses, Indian Canyons, Aerial Tramway & Jacinto Mountains, Joshua Tree Parks,...
Good vegetarian restaurants too.

2 Thank GSLA
London
Reviewed 30 November 2012 via mobile

This was our third stay at the very unique Desert Riviera. The rooms are great - the welcome always wonderful and being dropped off and collected from restaurants in the very glitzy limo is pure indulgence. It's always great to meet new people around the fire pit but if you want time to yourself Desert Riviera is perfect for that too. Palm Springs seems to get better and better each time we visit and I am sure we will be back.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple