“Fabulous Hospitality”

Ranked #1 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Illinois
“Fabulous Hospitality”
Reviewed 18 September 2007

I can't agree more with all the other reviews of this hotel. Our stay was wonderful. Larry and Judy both treated us like we were family. They go above and beyond anything you would expect. Larry was so nice to share a couple of beers and Judy was gracious enough to haul us all over Palm Springs. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a very relaxing stay amid beautifly landscaped grounds with teriffic hosts.

• Liked — Decor and staff
1 Thank K P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
Nancy, France
Reviewed 17 September 2007

What a wonderful place!!! We spent a few days at the Desert Riviera this Summer and we had the best time there. Gorgeous deco, gorgeous pool, fantastic hosts! Everything was made to make us feel comfortable, from pool temperature to the margarita blender in the room kitchenette. Larry introduced us to other guests and we spent evenings chatting to people from all over the world. We are definitely going back next Summer for more relaxation! please don't change, you're the best!!!
Nathalie and Michel from France.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — notihing
Thionville
Reviewed 15 September 2007

My friends and I were just looking for a plave to stop over in Palm springs on our way to Las Vegas and we just found Heaven! The place looks absolutely wonderful, it is decorated with such a good taste and Larry and everyone there are just the best. They make you feel so comfortable and manage to create a great atmosphere.
We had planned to go and visit Palm Springs during the day and to go out in the evening but we were so comfy in the Hotel that we just stayed there, enjoying the great swimming pool. The air was very hot but the temperature of the pool was just perfect : you could just jump in and not feel cold at all!
In the evening, the place looks magical thanks to the lights around the pool. We spent our evening between the pool and the BBQ, chatting with other guests, it was very very nice.
In fact it was so nice that we had to go back to the Desert Riviera and we changes our itinerary and cancelled our visit in Santa Monica just to go back there and it was just as wonderful.
Thanks for a great time you guys, and see you soon....

• Liked — The friendlyness of the staff
  • Disliked — I can't find anything
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank alainhertg
Portsmouth
Reviewed 8 September 2007

This was the smallest hotel during our trip to California, and it is good to report that equals, and in some ways beats the bigger chains!
All the rooms are around an excellent pool, and our room was large, well decorated, with a most excellent bed, a good bathroom, and a kitchen big enough for a table and chairs.
Candles are set out on the poolside tables after dark, and this makes for a great setting, watching the stars over the mountain. There are misters on whenever it's hot.
Cleaning standards are high, inside the room, the kitchen, and out at the poolside.
Bed was most comfortable. I slept well.
TV included DVD.
Room decoration was 50's/60's retro, and it all worked.
We felt genuinely welcomed, time had been taken to prepare for us, and we plan to stay again next time we're visiting Palm Springs.

• Liked — The poolside, the pool, the people running the place!
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
London, England
Reviewed 4 September 2007

Hello, I have used this site many times over my last four months of non-stop travelling and have never been let down by it. I make my first contribution hoping to have it encourage you to visit this sparkling bauble of a desert motel. My body wasn't even fully through the door of the office when Larry offered me a glass of wine. He is the very embodiment of the jovial host. I was ravenous after my drive from LA and went through the complimentary snack basket in the time it took him to call up the Cemetary for me (I had a Sacred Mission to carry out) to get its opening times. When I returned from that he had organised a table for me at a very good restaurant. The rooms are lovely (I had the little garden one), it was tranquil (the town was quiet as it was Heat Full Up), and later I took a solitary midnight swim in the pretty pool gazing up at the palm trees, mountains and full moon. I felt totally safe (lone gal) and in an environment lovingly maintained. I forgot to get my complimentary car wash, Larry's other business but I think he was born to be a hotelier. Was sorry I couldn't have stayed longer - there's a little kitchen, ironing board and all you need to be quite self-sufficient if you needed to be. I would suggest you do more exciting things than ironing - go have a lot of fun. Even though it's safe, clean, equipped, friendly, all those things you want / expect, it also has that 1950's thing of "every hour is martini hour" about it, a slightly louche glamour (the highest praise I personally can bestow).

• Liked — The whole caboodle, pool, price, people.
  • Disliked — Wireless signal was a bit weak and wonky but no big deal
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
Yucca Valley, CA
Reviewed 27 August 2007

Outstanding property. My wife and I live not too far away and went for a night just to get away and enjoy the pool. The website does not do justice to their rooms, which were exceptional. In addition to being very spacious and spotlessly clean, they did a great job with the decor: lots of tile and a very retro motif but with every modern convenience. The hosts went out of their way to make everyone's stay comfortable and enjoyable. We will go back!

• Liked — Great rooms
  • Disliked — No complaints
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 August 2007

Stayed here the weekend July 27th-29th. Simply put we had a wonderful time! Larry (the owner) was very friendly and approachable - we loved how he introduced the hotel guests to each other. which broke the ice for conversation. The hotel has only 10 rooms so you get to know the other guests if not by talking then by sight. We even shared snacks and beverages with a couple a few rooms down.
The rooms themselves were very clean, the kitchenettes were too cute, loved the shower! Larry reccomened restuarants--highly reccomend the deli place down the street-pastrami was awesome! We also had a in-room couples massage with Pleasann--again highly reccomend!
We have been to Palm Springs a couple of times and stayed at various places..but the Desert Riviera just felt like home. We can't wait to return.

• Liked — Everything!!
  • Disliked — A full length mirror in the rooms for us gals! =)
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple