“Lovely Place, Lovely People”
Review of Warm Sands Villas

Warm Sands Villas
West Hollywood, California
“Lovely Place, Lovely People”
Reviewed 27 June 2011

What an unexpected surprise to find and stay at the Warm Sands Villas. The grounds were beautiful, and the rooms were spacious, bright and clean. It is centrally located, and we found everything we needed within minutes of the location. Dan, the manager, was super-friendly and accommodating, and the guests were cordial and friendly.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JSB011

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 23 June 2011

As a business traveler I often look for ways to relax and have fun on the weekends if business keeps me away from home. I have stayed at other guest houses in P.S. and hands down this is the best property I have stayed at in P.S. Dan and the rest of the Warm Sands team are great at making you feel comfortable. From maintaining a well-kept property to offering suggestions for recreation and dining . I can't say enough good things about the WSV. The rooms are well lit and surround a beautiful pool in the center of the property and there are plenty of lounges available for use. The daily breakfast is a bonus as there is good selection to choose from. My stay was so great, that I booked the following weekend too! Thanks for a great stay! Richard L., Naples, FL

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank rmlujan
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 8 June 2011

From the moment we arrived the staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. The grounds were immaculate, the rooms comfortable and clean and the patrons friendly. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tr0y_C
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We had just a great, laid back time at Warm Sands Villas. The rooms were spacious, clean and affordable. The grounds and pool are well kept and the owners, staff and guests very friendly. Will be staying there again for sure.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed 6 June 2011

First time staying at the Warm Sands Villas on a recent business trip to Palm Springs -- and I was more than happy with my time spent there: I had privacy when I desired it and a social outlet amidst the fun yet laid back atmosphere provided by not only the guests but staff as well. The GM Dan Hudson was not only completely attentive to my needs -- finding me accommodations that resembled more a small apartment than a hotel room -- but is someone I could see, by the end of my stay, becoming an actual friend (I was struck by the number of guests I met during my stay who spoke highly of him) ... Unlike a lot of resorts in the area, I was also happy to find out that the WSV was not one of those places that makes you wonder why you got a room when everybody else seems to be on a perpetually renewable day pass; the hot guys inside the gates tend to be guests -- or friends of guests -- which makes you feel you don't have to keep an eye on your room key if you want to just strip, cool off in the pool and have a little fun in the jacuzzi ...

Room Tip: Talk to Dan Hudson, the General Manager
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MattSizemore
dantheman-ager, General Manager at Warm Sands Villas, responded to this review, 11 June 2011
Matt,
Thank you for your kind words! I share our successes with out staff, most of whom have been with the hotel for three and more years. The owners help to make my job easier by ensuring a well maintained, well serviced property.
As the manager, I like to say I set the tone - but the staff are the ones that deliver consistently and I've come to rely on them to take care of our guests.
We so appreciate your business, and look forward to another opportunity to have you as our guest.
Best,
Dan Hudson
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Dan and the staff always make us feel welcome when we come to our "second home" away from home and it is always sad to leave. What a great place!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We have found Warm Sands Villas to be the most friendly, clean, accommodating and just a sense of safety whilst visiting, and we've stayed at most of the gay hotels in the warm sands area. The general manager Dan goes out of our way to address our needs even as far as baking us cookies on a birthday weekend. Out of all the hotel in the warm sands areas, this is the one that we like to call home away from home. The pool is always warm and the hottub is always clean! The crowd is always relaxed unlike some of the other nearby hotels that cater to the drug and sex crowds (not that there's anything wrong with that, but you can get the day pass to All Worlds and escape it when you tire of it). Overall, this has been and always will be our go to hotel every time we travel for biz or personal!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business