“Mild to wild... Great place to stay”
Review of Warm Sands Villas

Warm Sands Villas
Los Angeles, California
“Mild to wild... Great place to stay”
Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at the Warm Sands Villas a few times over the last six months and my overall experience has been excellent.

When on vacation at a resort, I like to have a safe and fun time at a location with a warm ambiance and plenty of amenities Warm Sands Villas exceeds my expectations.

I certainly have felt safe... The resort provides a daily happy hour for the guests and staff to get to know each other. The fun is certainly available- last time I was there, there was a "group get-together" on the balcony of what used to be Shirley Temple's condo... And to keep this g-rated, let's just say no one was sucking on 'goodship lollipops'.

The ambiance is great, beautiful scenery by day and mood lights and fire pits at night under the starry sky.

As for amenities, the pool and jacuzzi remain at appropriate temperatures 24/7. There is a coffee/breakfast/game room that remains open during the day. Breakfast is served there every morning. There is also a large library of classic adult movies to bring back to your room.

Warm Sands Villas provides exactly what I need to create my perfect trip. I recommend giving it a try.

• Stayed September 2012

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Owners Doug & Matt along with their wonderful staff were great hosts - the setting couldn't be better. Clean and well maintained, Warm Sands Villas is a terrific get away place and we'll definitely be coming back. My partner & I spent most of our time taking it easy by the pool, but we appreciated the good recommendations for restaurants, activities and sites in the PS area too. Top of the list if you're staying in Warm Sands!

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad room in the place - ask about historic rooms in the older wing...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 October 2012

This is my third stay at this location this year. My partner could not come along on this trip, so I brought a friend who was new to the community. We had room 203, a one-bedroom suite with full kitchen. The room opens onto the grassy courtyard with pool nearby.

The property had guests from Australia, the UK (the couple have been returning for over 10 years), two Hawaiians, and a Canadian, with Californians being the bulk of the rest. The split for this stay was about 60 percent couples and 40 percent singles.

The hosts offer a meet-and-greet nightly from 5:00 to 7:00 pm and give hosts a chance to say hello to one another and to renew acquaintances for returning guests. A breakfast room offers morning mingling along with the daily papers, fruit, yogurt, pastries, coffee/tea, and juice.

This place is as pleasant for the first-timer as for repeat guests. Downtown is walkable (though a car is advisable). Supermarkets, drugstores, banks, and a Starbucks are less than a mile away.

I found the cost difference between this place and less expensive properties to be worth it in the quality and attitude of our fellow guests. That's what hospitality is all about for me.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank ChunnyM
Rensselaer, New York
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Warm Sands Villas for 3 nights at the end of September. We were pleasantly greeted upon arriving, and appreciated the upgrade from a standard room at no additional charge. The room was spacious, and we really enjoyed having the kitchen w/ full size refrigerator. The bedroom and bathroom were very clean. The water pressure in the bathroom was great. Continental breakfast was fine. Just a few minor suggestions - the water fountain near the pool looks pretty bad - I would either clean and repair it or just remove it. Same goes for the large pot near the pool that contained the dead remnants of some plant. While I have read of the ongoing upgrades, it will be nice when the concrete around the pool has been redone; same for the old box TV and princess phone in the bedroom. Just a few minor suggestions - we did enjoy the stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim S
Oakland, California
Reviewed 27 September 2012

One of my favorite places. Relaxing and peaceful, but fun and always meet some great men. Thanks to the new Manager, Robert, for organizing the Happy Hour meet and greet. He and his guys made the time at the hotel feel like a five star resort!! Loved the amenities and the rooms were comfortable and inviting. Looking forward to my next stay!!!

Room Tip: I enjoyed a nice room in the back building, near the pool. Quiet, but felt part of the atmosphere.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
San Francisco
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I've been staying at Warm Sands Villas for over 7 years now. I've stayed other places, but I've settled on this being my favorite place. The staff is great, and the property nicely-maintained. The best thing is that the pool is always the "right" temperature, at least for me.

P.S. - Wi-Fi connectivity is very important to me, and it works well throughout the property, even for watching NetFlix.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
San Diego, California
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I was looking for somewhere to just get away for the day/night. Nothing too complicated just quiet, relaxing, with no attitude. I found this and more at the Warm Springs Villa.

The room was nice and cool (it was very hot outside that day) nicely appointed with a big flat screen TV. A kitchenette area with micro, stove, fridge, coffee maker and pots and pans, utensils, plates... well everything you would need should you decide to eat in.

The staff was awesome. I asked for any recommendations for a legit massage as I really wanted to get the most out of my relaxing day trip, and in no time was given two names with great information on each person. I ended up not needed the massage because my stay was so relaxing.

The guests must take a cue from the staff because everyone I spoke to was friendly, attitude free and relaxed.

The pool is open 24 hours, and I enjoyed taking a solitary dip in the middle of the night.

I really only had one day but in the future will plan my stays to include more days!

This was my first visit to this property but it will not be my last. I have to say that they made me feel like a VIP and the room charge was less than some of the other properties in the same area.

Thanks guys, you made a new lifelong fan.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Cwbydav
Robert S, General Manager at Warm Sands Villas, responded to this review, 18 August 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words and comments.
I am glad you decided on Warm Sands Villas for your overnight stay and that you had a relaxing time.
Providing our guests with a relaxing and enjoyable experience is our number one goal.
We look forward to having you visit us again soon.
Best Regards -