The Willows
Ace Hotel and Swim Club(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$196
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$202
Skylark Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$168
  • Breakfast included
7 Springs Inn & Suites(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$108
Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$209
Renaissance Hotels
  • Restaurant
Caliente Tropics Resort(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$115
Hyatt Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$255
  • Pool
Oasis Villa Resort(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$109
Orbitz.com
Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$286
US$263
  • Pool
The Rossi Hotel(Palm Springs)
US$325
Official Site
All reviewsrock roommarion daviesgourmet breakfastevening wineloft roompalm roomhors d'oeuvresfoot waterfallwine receptionprivate estatealbert einsteingracious hometravel writerperfect placesart museumwithin easy walking distance of downtownbucket of ice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I believe that this is our third time at the Willows. I was a bit late in making our reservation, so our favorite room, the Marian Davies room, was unavailable. The Waterfall room was recommended and from the web site, looked like a good bet. The room was lovely with light blond wood furniture. There was plenty of storage space, lighting was good for reading , and the waterfall outside the window was stunning. Service was friendly and helpful. My only criticism, and it is a small one, was the quality and variety of hors d'oeuvres in the evening-just not as good as before. Will we go again? Absolutely. And still highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choosing a room is so personal. The web site is pretty straight forward. We have enjoyed the Marion Davies room, the Waterfall room-especially if steep stairs are alright, and lastly, the Library room which was too dark for our taste.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mflickermd
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

This experience is what old Palm Springs is all about. It is completely authentic to the 1920s and subsequent decades of early palm springs. The original Spanish architecture is beautiful, and the property is exceptionally well appointed. The rooms are quiet, the beds are soft and comfortable, everything is impeccably maintained, and the pool area is very chill. There is no "scene" and not a touch of arrogance here. The afternoon wine and appetizers, as well as the morning breakfast, are very high-quality and plentiful. The location is just a few blocks off the main drag, and allows for walking distance to fantastic restaurants as well as the Palm Springs museum located next door. We have been looking for years for the right place to stay in palm springs, and this is it!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank DavidMarino
Reviewed 13 May 2014

slthough i live in the palm springs area, i stayed at the willows for 6 nights this May 2014. I had surgery and decided to baby myself by recuperating in a gorgeous landmark location I had been admiring from afar for many years. From the first contact I made with the head innkeeper Joan, to the last second before checkout, I felt that I had made an incredibly wise decision. Talk about being pampered! I checked in the night before my surgery, left the next morning before breakfast service and when i returned some hours later, they had set aside scones and fresh fruit for me. There wasnt anything that I could ask for or think of asking for that they couldnt or wouldnt accomodate. At cocktail hour, they brought a selection of their hors doevres to my room. The refrigerator was stocked with sodas, water, all included. When I made the reservation I was told that I would have to change rooms during my stay. The first room I had was called the acanthus and upon first looking at it, it appears to be small but it isnt: there is a walk in closet, the bathroom is huge and there is a place for everything. By the way, The Willows tubs are about the only tubs in a hotel that i would use.because everything is so clean.It turned out that I loved this room and was sorry that I had to move. When the day came to change rooms everything was moved and replaced for me in perfect order. the second room i had was adorable. it had a separate sitting area and it sounds strange but it had an old fashioned claw footed tub in the sleeping area. Next time I stay there, I will use the tub . It also has this incredible bathroom with a great shower.
The grounds around the hotel are beyond gorgeous, the staff, the most attentive you could imagine. The sense of privacy and genuine caring pervades every minute of your stay. The sense of safety is incredible as all the gates are locked. You are given a transponder to enter to park your vehicle and then the gates close behind you. Your guests have to ring to be admitted and you are asked if you are expecting guests so they know who to let in or not. I understand now why they are always occupied and busy and why it is so hard to get a room. Since you pay upon your reservation, when you arrive, you are taken directly to your room, the check in process is just sign your name, and give the name of your auto. everything else has been arranged for and taken care of including special requests you had, Maybe the key word to explain the Willows is that it is so civilized. Other than breakfast and the cocktail hour, since this technically is a B and B, any other food requests for dinner or for lunch are handled by Le Vallauris, one of the most famous and best restaurants in the area that is located directly across the street from the Willow. When I am fully recuperated, I will make another reservation at the Willows and then try all the facillities and will have room service dinner ordered from Le Vallauris. By the way, I didnt mention all the silver service, and the plates used for cocktails and horsoevres. Wedgewood china, all the silver and there is tons of it always polished and spotless. The Willows was built around 1924, its well deserved reputation just like its silver, is not tarnished and it really is a shining gem. But dont tell too many people about it because then you wont ever be able to book a room! Imagine sitting outside in front of a waterfall built into the mountain while you are enjoying your homemade to order breakfast. For me, there is no better place to stay in the Palm Springs area. and, believe it or not, WIFI always works here.

Room Tip: there are only 8 landmark rooms, each different from the other and i think which ever room you stay in you will be happy. if u are staying for more than a couple of days, see if you can change rooms so you will be able to taste more of the feeling the Willows has.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The humming birds greeted our arrival at The Willows by performing right in front of us; I was pleased to later capture some excellent pictures of them. My wife and I had enjoyed in stay in a similar Historic Inn in the Napa Valley so we anticipated that we would enjoy our stay at The Willows and we were not disappointed.

One of The Innkeepers quickly get you settled in your room after your arrival and tell you about the house and its link to Einstein and other celebrities. At 5.30 do not miss the wine and snacks on the patio with the backdrop of a waterfall. Although a little strenuous the hike through the garden above the house is a must to see the amazing views of Palm Springs and the mountains.

We were given advice on which restaurants to consider for dinner as The Willows does not cook food in the evening. Le Vallauris which is located opposite The Willows was an excellent suggestion which we were glad to have followed that evening.

Next morning you will be served with an excellent gourmet breakfast in the dining room overlooking the waterfall. We only stayed for one night; next time it will be for much longer.

Room Tip: We stayed in The Waterfall room which as expected overlooks the waterfall.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard654
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My daughter and I came to Palm Springs to enjoy the spring migration and the beautiful weather. We were completely delighted by the Willows. The rooms were exceedingly comfortable and clean, impeccably decorated, and charming. The staff were accommodating and lovely. We had to leave the hotel early each morning before the special breakfast was served. The chef prepared hard boiled eggs for us, as well as scones and coffee. I will definitely come back to this wonderful hotel. And the restaurant across the street - Le Valloris, was fantastic!

Room Tip: The Einstein Room has access to a beautiful patio garden and view of the waterfall. The Helen Hayes room was also lovely! Amazing bathroom!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family