“It's Too Bad Management Doesn't Read These Reviews”

Hilton Palm Springs
Ranked #17 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
san diego
“It's Too Bad Management Doesn't Read These Reviews”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We have stayed at this property for years and in the past it rated better than a "two" out of five stars. What has happened is the service in the restaurant and poolside bar are so bad it overshadows the good things this property has going for it. The landscaping is awesome, the location is great, and the pool is pretty nice--but the service stinks. It's so bad it's laughable (if it wasn't happening to you.) The bell staff, pool attendant, and a few others who work here give good service, but for whatever reason the restaurant staff stinks. We had possibly the worst dining experience we've had in years. Just beware and be ready to eat elsewhere if you stay here.

Room Tip: Do not eat at the restaurant unless you have hours to kill and the will to wait and wiat and wait fo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
HiltonPS, Rooms Director at Hilton Palm Springs, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Thank you for the feedback. Actually, we do read all of these reviews. If you scroll down through the reviews you will see a management response under each of them. I apologize that your good experience at our property was marred by service you encountered in our bar and restaurant. If you have an opportunity, please contact me directly so I can explore this matter further. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Paris
Reviewed 31 March 2012

One more week at the palm springs hilton (22nd time...useless to say I'm a convinced customer) . As usual breakfast on the terrace at 7 am is my favorite at this hotel. Good service. Rooms are getting a bit tired and those big'ol tvs.... More and more loud people and beer in the pool. Palm Springs is going the Vegas way.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank TheWorldInMyHands
Thank you for the feedback. I am happy to hear you had another wonderful stay, we truly appreciate your loyalty to our property. I am also pleased to share with you news of our renovation, which will take place over the summer. You will love the changes we are making! We look forward to seeing you again.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Got a "deal" on Priceline for a one night stay here.

Oh boy, this place is a bad time warp. Everything is tired and needs updating; the lobby, the bar, the hallways, and especially the rooms. Stained carpet, stained sofa, water damage on the ceiling above the bed, shutters that are sealed shut and don't slide. The TV is old school and the reception is snowy on most channels. The room is nice and large but the angled bed with the strange built-in is so random! The bed and the pillows were soft and comfy however, and that is the only reason I didn't give this place a one star review.

The bathroom was the only part that seemed to have been updated recently. The towels were soft and I enjoyed the luxury toiletries (shower cap, thank you!). However the housekeeping was less than stellar. The shower ceiling had mold and *shudder* hairs stuck to it. The breakfast room service tag that was resting on the bed had already been marked up by the previous guest.

The service was mediocre at best. The girl who checked us in in the evening was personable enough, however the one who checked us out barely spoke a word and didn't ask how our stay was. We passed three service/cleaning employees in the hallway during our stay and all of them avoided eye contact and didn't speak a word to us.

Overall the experience was quite poor. The fact that this hotel is rated at 3.5 stars is pretty laughable. I can definitely see why they need to sell of extra rooms on Priceline. With so many options around I would never stay here again while visiting Palm Springs.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rbernstein
HiltonPS, Rooms Director at Hilton Palm Springs, responded to this review, 25 March 2012
I am sorry to hear that your overall experience was less than expected. Please call me directly, I would love to further discuss this with you. In addition, we do have a fantastic renovation just about to start. You will love the changes we are making!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We booked one night stay at this Hilton in Palm Springs this past weekend....and I'm just glad it was one night. We were attending Indian Wells Tennis Semi Finals and Finals so we wanted to be close to the venue.
Thinking it was a Hilton I figured it would be nice. To my dismay it wasn't nice at all.
The front desk check in lady was like a robot.It was St.Patrick's Day and maybe she had seen enough people but if so then take a break. We joked about how unfriendly she was all the way to our room.
The place itself smelled like an old retirement home. I know it wasn't built today or yesterday but you would think they could to something about that smell?
The light switches were so low I thought the place was or had been occupied by leprechauns.Each and every switch was low low low to the floor.
maybe they have an updated wing? Not sure and not willing to find out. I'm not sure if this Hilton is corporate owned or private but either way they need to upgrade the rooms and give the staff a lesson in customer service.
The location is perfect for Palm Springs....but Hilton......don't take advantage of that.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mkxpress61
Thank you for the feedback. I apologize that you met with a challenge on arrival, I will discuss this in our next team meeting. I hope that you decide to vivit us again, we have an amazing renovation almost about to start. You will love the changes we are making.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Booked into this on a road trip. Got a good room (got a Hilton gold card...) and a great price. Room was good, access through the french doors direct to the pool area. Facilities were OK (pool was great) but let down a little by indifferent waiting staff in the restaurant. Might have been just me but I struggled to understand what they were saying. Overall, good clean room, comfy bed, friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms on the inner courtyard have direct access to the pool.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. I am happy to hear that you had a nice visit with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2012

From the lobby to the rooms, this property needs updated. It is in a great location, within two blocks of the old downtown PS, great restaurants and shops. The staff was very good, but my room needed lots of help, and updates. Maybe they like the Brady Bunch era and not wanting to change. To many newer properties to charge that much for an old property.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank travelnow39
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations. We have an amazing renovation planned for the summer. You will love the changes we are making. We hope to see you again soon!
briniquimi
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The parking lot we were told to park in was on the other side of the hotel from our room. Also, the second floor hallway smelled like marijuana. The bathtup in our room could not be filled as the plug did not work. The screen door for the slider was off the runner. All in all, this place was run down and not inviting. On a positive note, it is near many restaurants.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank briniquimi
I apologize that you met with some challenges during your recent stay. Had we known, we would have resolved any problem immediately. I do hope you visit us again soon. We have an amazing renovation on the horizon.