“Great Management! Definitely booking with this hotel again!”

The Monroe Palm Springs
Ranked #52 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Newport Beach, California
“Great Management! Definitely booking with this hotel again!”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

When we arrived I was a little set back because of a large group who was staying at the hotel and being a little rowdy, but when I expressed my concerns the management immediately fixed the problem in a professional manner allowing everyone to enjoy Memorial weekend in peace. I was amazed by the quality of rooms: wood floors, new appliances and very well maintained! Even the pool area made my family feel like we were in a tropical paradise. They had everything I needed and the complimentary breakfast at the diner across the street was surreal! I recommend anyone from large groups looking for a good time to couples looking for a weekend getaway to book with this hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are nice a quiet while also being close to the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank World_traveller273

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Korean first
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 16 April 2013

FIRST THING YOU NEED TO KNOW: Americas Best Value Inn is changing to the Monroe! It is under new management, and any reviews you see that are under 4 stars have to be because of prior ownership!

I booked this room for Coachella for 3 days, due to the fact that it was around the corner from the white line pick up zone. Now i'm reluctant to write something great about this place because this is 100% my new spot for Coachella and I will be so mad if it is fully booked next year because of my review.. Just kidding!

When I got there the man at the front desk was amazing. They greeted us with sunscreen and water bottles and told us to keep hydrated and protected during the festival. UM, YES. Great start. We also were given 2 canned beverages, and tickets for free breakfast at the diner across the street.. So Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning the two of us ate breakfast for FREE with a total savings of $72 bucks. That is 8 beers in the Heinken dome at Coachella!

The pool was practically empty, and had balls in it and floaties and tons of cool stuff. We stayed in it for like hours.. I almost didn't even wanna go to Coachella! We were having way too much fun.

The room was clean, smelled great, had AC, citrus/olive oil bars, more water bottles, tons of towels, everything you needed. The floors were linoleum so there was no dirty carpet smell like a lot of rooms.

I had the best time at this hotel. So clean, affordable, fantastic, etc etc.

You wanna run, don't walk to this place. It is around EVERYTHING, and perfect for Coachella as well.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A K
Huntington Beach
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Our first impression of this hotel did not disappoint. The lobby was decorated in beautiful mid-century furniture and art. Steven greeted us and was so helpful, friendly, and accommodating. He even upgraded us to a new room and googled directions to the Spa where we had massages booked. My friend and I had an excellent experience, and I would highly recommend this hotel for its service, lovely rooms, and great location.
Thank you again, Steven, for a lovely holiday!

Room Tip: Ask for the remodeled rooms! Be kind to the front desk people--they are awesome.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank clawell
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We hadn't booked a room, just drove in and asked. Stayed one night and were very pleased. The room was clean and fairly newly renovated. A good location, pretty quiet and the service was very good. We received vouchers for free breakfast over the road (Rick's??) and breakfast was good. You can also get coffee, juice,tea, fruit and granola bars from the lobby. We also spent an hour or so in the pool, which was lovely and just the right temperature. We were very happy and would recommend this hotel as good value ($101 per night).

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shazzcatz
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We were here on business for 3 + months an we felt right at home .
Management A++ ( Denise). Steve and Mike excellent ! Always there to help with a Smile an Very Friendly .Rooms always clean an smell good .. Beds comfortable !!!!! Love the new rooms an look, Nothing but good things to says about Management an Staff A++++.They all really take pride in Making the Hotel a Great place to stay!!!!!!!!! Thank you for making our stay enjoyable!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bree1021
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Stayed here for the Tour de Palm Springs annual bike festival/ride. I chose this hotel because it was conveniently located on the same street and only a mile away from the ride start point. For a budget motel, the bed was surprisingly comfortable and the room was very clean. The staff were helpful, polite and nice. I've been on dozens of these type of rides and this is the first time i was given a bike-rider friendly gift bag upon check-in! It contained thoughtful items every rider would like - water, fruit and granola bars. Big surprise for a budget motel!
The rooms are not large and not fancy but comfortable with a good window covering, comfortable beds, quiet heater, heated pool, free breakfast across the street, and a fridge. Only complaint - walls are thin and noise travels into the room. I woke up when people were walking and talking along the second floor corridor outside my room. Room suggestion: get a room away from the street and I think the first floor would be quieter.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank califbikegal
La Quinta
Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend were looking for a last minute stay, before booking a room anywhere I always read reviews on any hotel. And this place really exceeded our expectations. That night it was raining non stop so they were a little full so we got a room with 2 beds, no biggie. But it was a very pleasant stay, loved the pillows, and the shower and in the morning I did ask if they had an iron I could borrow and they were very nice and brought me one within minutes. The man at the front desk when I first checked in was very nice and had very nice conversations. It was easy to find and within our budget. The only issue my boyfriend had is the outlets weren't located to his liking haha but they never are anywhere we stay. Overall it was a great stay and we may stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013