“I booked 2 nights and stayed 1.”

The Monroe Palm Springs
Ranked #54 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I just booked this motel online, and picture was totally different than whatever we saw. To expensive for the value. ;( we arrived there on Saturday night, and Joel the lady on front was very professional, she were very welcoming. Well she gave us wine, and gave us our keys. Our room was really close to pool area, it was quite though. I saw the pool just imagine my building pool was bigger. That's was a turnoff right there. But I said ok. At night we both were so tired we decided to sleep early. We we couldn't. My friend was wake do I. Pillows were so uncomfortable.i guess that's a good reason to not sleep. ;' (. Next day we had headache and we were so tired. After eating our free breakfast which it was not bad.we went to the pool area for 2 hours, and the went to outlets. Over there we decided to go back to la, we already didn't sleep at all previous night. So we packed and I went to frond door and told them about my problem,she said call and talk to Steven about this motel and discount. She gave us 35% discount on the second night. But that was a joke. We weren't even staying. I came back in la and called to Steven. Very very very RUDE person with the worst Attitude. My god I don't even wanna see his face. Please don't go to that motel. If u go u always remember whatever I wrote. Basically I paid for a room that I didn't sleep and its not fair. He didn't even offer me anything so rude. My experience with them was horrible. And I never gonna book somewhere that I never been before. Not a safe place .

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Jojo0139
Denise D, General Manager at The Monroe Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

I would like thank you for taking the time to review our hotel; I was sorry to hear about your disappointment with our property. Please know that I appreciate your comments as it’s the only way we can benchmark our product to ensure that we deliver the best guest experience.

The hotel was purchased only a few months ago and since October we have completed room, pool and lobby renovations; including new pillows, linens and many other amenity items. While we aim to please everyone it not always possible as everyone has different comfort levels. I am sorry that you did not find our pillows comfortable; however I would have hoped that you would have brought it to our immediate attention so that we could have at least tried to change the pillows in effort to please you. As I am aware that you did not check out until after 9:00pm into your second night; my clerk did the best that she could offer under the circumstances; a reasonable discount both for that night and a certificate towards a future stay.

As it was not Steve’s intention to be rude; I do apologize. Sometimes situations such as this can take a negative turn without intention. It is not within his nature as evidenced by previous reviews. On a more positive note I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your complimentary Hot Breakfast at Rick’s Restaurant (the best breakfast place in town), Jo-El and your bottle of wine! I hope if you do choose to come back, that we make your next stay more enjoyable Thank you Denise Detrano General Manager.

There are newer reviews for The Monroe Palm Springs

Reviewed 31 May 2013

When we arrived I was a little set back because of a large group who was staying at the hotel and being a little rowdy, but when I expressed my concerns the management immediately fixed the problem in a professional manner allowing everyone to enjoy Memorial weekend in peace. I was amazed by the quality of rooms: wood floors, new appliances and very well maintained! Even the pool area made my family feel like we were in a tropical paradise. They had everything I needed and the complimentary breakfast at the diner across the street was surreal! I recommend anyone from large groups looking for a good time to couples looking for a weekend getaway to book with this hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are nice a quiet while also being close to the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank World_traveller273
Reviewed 16 April 2013

FIRST THING YOU NEED TO KNOW: Americas Best Value Inn is changing to the Monroe! It is under new management, and any reviews you see that are under 4 stars have to be because of prior ownership!

I booked this room for Coachella for 3 days, due to the fact that it was around the corner from the white line pick up zone. Now i'm reluctant to write something great about this place because this is 100% my new spot for Coachella and I will be so mad if it is fully booked next year because of my review.. Just kidding!

When I got there the man at the front desk was amazing. They greeted us with sunscreen and water bottles and told us to keep hydrated and protected during the festival. UM, YES. Great start. We also were given 2 canned beverages, and tickets for free breakfast at the diner across the street.. So Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning the two of us ate breakfast for FREE with a total savings of $72 bucks. That is 8 beers in the Heinken dome at Coachella!

The pool was practically empty, and had balls in it and floaties and tons of cool stuff. We stayed in it for like hours.. I almost didn't even wanna go to Coachella! We were having way too much fun.

The room was clean, smelled great, had AC, citrus/olive oil bars, more water bottles, tons of towels, everything you needed. The floors were linoleum so there was no dirty carpet smell like a lot of rooms.

I had the best time at this hotel. So clean, affordable, fantastic, etc etc.

You wanna run, don't walk to this place. It is around EVERYTHING, and perfect for Coachella as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A K
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Our first impression of this hotel did not disappoint. The lobby was decorated in beautiful mid-century furniture and art. Steven greeted us and was so helpful, friendly, and accommodating. He even upgraded us to a new room and googled directions to the Spa where we had massages booked. My friend and I had an excellent experience, and I would highly recommend this hotel for its service, lovely rooms, and great location.
Thank you again, Steven, for a lovely holiday!

Room Tip: Ask for the remodeled rooms! Be kind to the front desk people--they are awesome.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank clawell
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We hadn't booked a room, just drove in and asked. Stayed one night and were very pleased. The room was clean and fairly newly renovated. A good location, pretty quiet and the service was very good. We received vouchers for free breakfast over the road (Rick's??) and breakfast was good. You can also get coffee, juice,tea, fruit and granola bars from the lobby. We also spent an hour or so in the pool, which was lovely and just the right temperature. We were very happy and would recommend this hotel as good value ($101 per night).

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shazzcatz
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We were here on business for 3 + months an we felt right at home .
Management A++ ( Denise). Steve and Mike excellent ! Always there to help with a Smile an Very Friendly .Rooms always clean an smell good .. Beds comfortable !!!!! Love the new rooms an look, Nothing but good things to says about Management an Staff A++++.They all really take pride in Making the Hotel a Great place to stay!!!!!!!!! Thank you for making our stay enjoyable!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bree1021
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Stayed here for the Tour de Palm Springs annual bike festival/ride. I chose this hotel because it was conveniently located on the same street and only a mile away from the ride start point. For a budget motel, the bed was surprisingly comfortable and the room was very clean. The staff were helpful, polite and nice. I've been on dozens of these type of rides and this is the first time i was given a bike-rider friendly gift bag upon check-in! It contained thoughtful items every rider would like - water, fruit and granola bars. Big surprise for a budget motel!
The rooms are not large and not fancy but comfortable with a good window covering, comfortable beds, quiet heater, heated pool, free breakfast across the street, and a fridge. Only complaint - walls are thin and noise travels into the room. I woke up when people were walking and talking along the second floor corridor outside my room. Room suggestion: get a room away from the street and I think the first floor would be quieter.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends