“Stylish and clean”

The Monroe Palm Springs
Ranked #52 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
“Stylish and clean”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights and everything was perfect.. Room is clean and the property has been newly renovated. Staff are accommodating and location is ideal. Breakfast is incl across the road at the diner. Pool and spa facilities were great.. Ask for a towel at reception..

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Keffali

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I normally like to stay a little closer to the main strip but left my booking until the last day, so the monroe looked a good bet for under a C-spot. It's on the north end and recently redecorated - quite decently as well. I was travelling with my daughter as well and so this one one of the few that had two beds, further narrowing the search. I'd have given it a three star were it not for the excellent management - there were three problems with minor things in the room (lights, light timer and bathroom door latch) and all three were fixed while we went out to dinner. Of all the hundreds of hotels I've stayed in, this is the first time that such things were fixed so quickly and so properly - kudos.
Both Canyon drive on the back end and Palm Canyon on the front side are busy roads and noisy in the morning, so a poolside is quieter. The pool is also nice.
You get $3 per person coupons for Rick's across the road for breakfast, which I can tell you, doesn't go far there, although it is a great bacon and egg joint. On the second morning, we went down the street to the Mariposa Cafe in Los Arboles for a lovely courtyard brekky.

Room Tip: poolside rooms are quieter
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Free WiFi, HOT breakfast and parking included in the price. Recently renovated sleeping rooms with a comfortable bed and a large screen TV. Staff is very friendly and accommodating, service with a smile. Unexpected amenities (coffee, fruit and breakfast bars in the morning; water, lemonade and cookies in the evening) are provided at the registration area. Would highly recommend this property to anyone visiting Palm Springs, may not be as close to downtown as other properties but it is just a cab ride away and less expensive (no resort fees) overall.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Hornbrook
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The Monroe Palm Springs is a wonderful place to stay. It has recently been renovated and I highly recommend it. We stayed 6 days and found the staff was friendly and bent over backwards to make our stay perfect. The room was warm in color, the beds comfortable, they had a good price and the pool was just the right temperature. They offer a breakfast coupon for a Cafe across the street from the hotel. The food was good. If I lived closer I would use this hotel for a mini get-away.

Green Features: Since I have allergies they used environmental friendly cleaning products in my room. Also they provide organic shampoo, conditioner and lotion.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Very good hotel, good location, nice pool. Very good to explore Palm Springs and the area. Breakfast in Ricks Café is cool, you feel like back in the 80s – super!!!

New renovated hotel and very helpful and friendly staff. They made us a perfect stay.

We came from LA and enjoyed the stay going to the Joshua Tree Park.

We staid there two times one time in Mai and in August.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Fairview, California
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This Monroe Palm Springs was our 'home base' for 44 people (and 22 old cars) during a 'mini-tour' event with our car club. We arrived Sunday afternoon with one from as far away as Oregon (but most from the S. F., Bay Area) and departed early Saturday morning.

During our stay the staff was very accommodating with Denise, Stephan and the others tending to all of our daily needs. Each day, the house maids made the beds and replenished the towels in all of our rooms making us feel quite comfortable when we returned from our 'day trips' into the desert.

Just to elaborate on one example of outstanding service was when I needed to have a reference document printed from the Internet (an automotive wiring diagram). I asked Denise if I could send the information to her embedded in an email so that she could print it for me. This document was extremely helpful in solving a nagging problem with one of the 'old cars' on our tour and we had it 'repaired' and back in service very quickly.

Thank you 'big time' Denise!

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor may be a bit 'quiter'. Back of the motel get the early morning sun...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Arnhem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This place is a good deal in Palm Springs when you are looking for a clean and updated hotel. It's a mid century building which has undergone a nice makeover this year. Upon arrival I was given a room on the 1st floor around the corner of the reception close to the street.There was quite some noise from the street so I immediately asked for another room. This was no problem and I got a nice room in the middle of the property but still facing the pool.

Rooms are quite basic but decorated in nice colours and wooden like floors. My bed was comfortable. Breakfast at the DIner across the street was tasty. I did not order the eggs on the voucher so I got a 3 dollar discount on my food instead.

Stayed here for 3 nights which gave me time to enjoy the decent size clean swimming pool and sun loungers. Location is quite OK but perhaps a bit too far from Downtown if you want to walk during summer time.

Normaly I go to the Rendezvous in Palm Spring but as it was fully booked I choose the Monroe which was a nice alternative at a very good price. It's not a boutique place but comfortable enough.

Room Tip: try to get a room closer to the middle of the property so you have less street noise
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo