“Nice, clean, comfortable stay”

Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel was exactly what I expected. The hotel grounds were very nice, the room was clean, and the pool area was nice as well. When traveling to the PS area, I would definitely consider staying there again. My only complaint is the breakfast needed more options for vegans. Even just almond milk or soy milk and margarine would have been an easy addition.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Dawn R
Sal R, Manager at Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Dawn R., Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent visit to our Downtown BW PLUS Las Brisas Hotel. Management and staff take great pleasure in providing beautiful hotel grounds, renovated guest rooms, free wifi and parking and a complimentary hot American Breakfast with an omelet station for all guests daily. Again, thank you for your nice comments and we hope to see you soon when you visit our wonderful village we call Palm Springs. Sal Rodriguez, Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,747)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Normally when a 4 or 5 star hotel option is available in an area I stay there. However, because my girlfriend and I were only staying one night, were coming into town late, and would be at a party for several hours, we decided it would be silly to spend double the money to stay in a fancy place we would basically not even use. We made the right choice for many reasons as you will read below.

First the hotel is located in a great area. One block over is Palm Canyon Avenue with dining, bars, and shops. This is the happening area of town. Going east on Indian Canyon your next large neighbor is the Hard Rock Hotel, which has nightlife options, next to that is the Spa Resort and Casino which has late night dining, and of course a casino. Basically the Best Western is in the heart of everything, yet is extremely peaceful, so you can enjoy the party atmosphere but not be surrounded by it.

The hotel itself is very well maintained. They have a nice little cantina, which unfortunately I did not get to try out, a clean pool, and free breakfast. The rooms themselves, while being considered 3 star were nicer than many 4 stars I have stayed in. They were well laid out, extremely clean, and featured a large TV, a coffee maker, and a mini fridge. The TV stand, desk, tables, chairs, etc were all new looking and were nicely designed. The same can be said for the bathroom. Nice sink, good tub, and all very clean. More than ample towels and since they have a soap/shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the shower, ample toiletries, although I do like to swipe excess bottles of shampoo, etc. before I leave so that is a slight downside, at least for me.

Everyone at the hotel, from the person at check in, to the people at check out were very friendly and accommodating. They even managed to put us on the top floor per our request.

Only downsides to the BW were parking is a little tight when they are busy (sold out this weekend), however, they managed to find us a spot to park which was nice of them. Also the rooms do not have electrical outlets near the bed so we had to charge our phones on the desk/TV stand not by the bed. Not the end of the world, but wanted to be fair and mention it.

I would absolutely stay here again, and that includes a multiple night stay. For the money it is the best value in town. While not being as flashy as the Hyatt, Hard Rock, or Riviera, it is certainly everything I could want from a small hotel. This comes from someone who is very, very picky.

Thank you for the great stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PnSfromLA
Sal R, Manager at Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear PnSfromLA,Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent visit to our Downtown BW PLUS Las Brisas Hotel. Management and staff take great pleasure in providing beautiful hotel grounds, renovated guest rooms, upgraded amenities and a complimentary hot American Breakfast with an omelet station daily for all guests to enjoy. I will make sure to pass along your nice comments to all staff at our daily meetings. Again, thank you from all the staff at Las Brisas and we hope to see you soon when you visit our wonderful village we call Palm Springs! Sal Rodriguez, Manager.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

After staying at hotels two nights in a row prior to this where entering the rooms was like entering a sauna, it was a pleasure to enter the rooms here and find the AC already running and cool, working like a charm. Great stay comfortable beds, nice environs, quiet for sleeping, and nice for relaxing. My room faced the pool but that hardly mattered as from the third floor the great view was the mountains in the distance past the city. Everything was as expected and the hotel is in prime location for easy walking in downtown Palm Springs. Breakfast was a treat with the relatively quick serving of a one woman show as she made three omelets and waffles at the same time to get through the quite busy Tuesday morning crowd. Suggest eating outside though as the breakfast room was crowded and humid while relaxing eating awaited at the outside shaded tables, particularly on the pool side of things. Highly recommended location and hotel overall.

Room Tip: High floors are always best for views and for quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank northernk

Dear Northernk, Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent visit to our Downtown BW PLUS Las Brisas Hotel. Management and staff take great pleasure in providing beautiful hotel grounds with our manicured gardens, renovated guest rooms and upgraded amenities, free wifi and parking and a complimentary hot American Breakfast with an omelet/waffle station served daily for all guests to enjoy. We hope you also had an opportunity to try lunch or a cocktail poolside during your visit to Las Brisas. I will make sure to pass along your comments to all staff as we continue to try to provide a great experience with our home town hospitality every day at Las Brisas. Again, thank you and Happy Travels from all the staff at Las Brisas! Sal Rodriguez, manager.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I've stayed in many different hotels in Palm Springs and many Best Westerns for that matter. This is a hotel that I've always been curious about. Though I booked last minute I received a fair rate due to the summer heat.

First of all, this hotel is centrally located for downtown Palm Springs. I am a fan of the downtown area and almost always stay there. It's located on Indian Canyon across from the parking garage and I was able to simply walk to a couple places I wanted to go.

Upon checking in, the staff was not speedy, but very friendly and thorough. My room, access code, times, etc is all on the card envelope. This is very helpful.

Because I got my room last minute, I was on the very back of the hotel with undoubtedly the worst view. However, this was a non factor because I did not sit looking out my window ;) While there are elevators, I used the stairs. Both and the ice machines were easy to find.

When I got to my room, the air was already on and it was cool. I greatly appreciated that. It was nice, clean and simple. The AC was strong. The bed was comfortable. The bath area was nice. The sink and mirror had upgraded fixtures. Note that the spot lights could provide a challenge for applying make-up! The shower was strong, though the switch seemed like there should have been a different handle. In the shower, shampoo, conditioner and gel are provided. This is very convenient and I made use of it. Of course if you are picky about shampoo, you are throwing the dice because there is no telling what you are getting. It's probably cost effective. There is a mini fridge in the cabinet. You have to have both cabinet doors open to open the fridge door, but it works. I did not use the coffee maker because breakfast was steps away.

I did spend some time at the pool. There were some kids and military, some of which seemed to be in the pool almost non stop. There are shady areas and sunny areas and plenty of misters. There was light background music and a bar that was unmanned part of the time. There is a water fountain and ice machine in the pool area. That is a bonus! There were nice lounge chairs and a few umbrella tables as well. I am sure that some folks arrive early and stake out spots, but I was able to find a nice lounge to relax in, close to the misters.

There is a cantina and outdoor grill area, neither of which I saw in use. The pool bar sign said "go to the cantina" till the bartender showed up. There was a bottle of cold water in the cantina and by the pool so that you were never far from refreshment. I saw a soda machine of sorts, but paid it no mind.

I did partake of the breakfast. Good coffee, oatmeal, boiled eggs, muffins & yogurt. There is a omelet and waffle bar. The cook can handle three of each at a time. This is important to note as on a Saturday morning if you come to breakfast as I did in the last 30 mins when the hotel is full, you can expect it will take some time. There is seating in the breakfast room, but it seemed cramped, especially with the crowd. At the same time, there is able seating out side and much to be preferred.

Some overall thoughts include the fact that the three three-story buildings are connected and the pool is not huge. At the same time, the crowd all seemed to find enjoyment. I loved being surrounded by bougainvillea. The plants that surrounded the hotel served as a very beautiful barrier of sorts, isolating from the outside world. There are a couple fountains as well. I think they really do lend to a bit of old-world charm, Palm Springs style.

In the extreme heat of summer, there are probably more optimum rooms to choose and places to park. The reality is that the sun finds everyone in the morning or the afternoon ;)

Room Tip: Building B is in the center and probably shielded best from the sun. Next would be rooms that face B...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Indi237

Dear Indi237, Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our Downtown BW PLUS Las Brisas Hotel. Management and staff take great pride in providing beautiful hotel grounds, renovated guest rooms with pillow top mattresses and upgraded amenities, complimentary wifi and parking and a free hot American Breakfast with an omelet/waffle station daily for all guests to enjoy. Again, thank you for all your comments and I will make sure to go over all information with staff as we continue to upgrade and improve hotel grounds for all guests to enjoy in our wonderful village we call Palm Springs. Happy travels and we hope to see you soon! Sal Rodriguez, Manager.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel. The last time was aboiut 6 years ago. I believe it was updated since then and looks very nice. The outside has beautiful flowers. It's very comfortable, has a great breakfast and is close to the main shopping street in Palm Springs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Joan N., Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent visit to our Downtown BW PLUS Las Brisas Hotel. Management and staff take great pleasure in providing beautiful hotel grounds, renovated guest rooms and a complimentary hot American Breakfast with an omelet/waffle station daily for all guests to enjoy. Again, thank you for giving Las Brisas another opportunity to serve your hotel needs when you visit our wonderful village we call Palm Springs! We hope you also had an opportunity to try lunch or a cocktail poolside during your visit and hope to see you soon. Happy Travels from all the staff! Sal Rodriguez, Manager.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We typically stay at AAA 3-star hotels, and I am baffled as to how this hotel got that rating. I understand the concept of "old world charm," but this hotel was just old. The bathroom was really small and we found a dirty face cloth and hair in the bathtub. Our room overlooked the back of some buildings, where it appeared homeless people congregate. The room was very cramped with furniture and just seemed dirty. Happy Hour seemed to attract lots of drunk guests to the pool area, so I wouldn't call it "family friendly." (foul language and couples who were all over each other) There were tons of flower petals (both dead and alive) in the pool, which made it gross to swim in.

The front desk staff were polite at check-in and the view from the pool area was nice. Breakfast was decent.

I had originally made reservations at another Palm Springs hotel, but changed to this hotel after reading the reviews here on Trip Advisor. I really wish I hadn't. I would never stay here again, and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Sal R, Manager at Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear JLStella, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your recent visit to our Downtown BW PLUS Las Brisas Hotel. Management and Staff make every effort to provide a wonderful experience for every guest that visits our beautiful hotel with manicured landscaping and 100% renovated guest rooms for all guests to enjoy. We provide free parking and wifi and a complimentary Hot American breakfast with omelet/waffle station daily for all guests to enjoy. We hope you enjoyed our wonderful breakfast which Las Brisas has provided for over 20 years to all guests! Again, I will go over all your concerns and staff will continue to look at making improvements and reviewing your concerns and for future guests. Again, I want to apologize and wish you Happy Travels! Sal Rodriguez, Manager

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here for one night between driving from San Diego back to Vegas as part of a West Coast road trip. Hotel is made up of 3 low rise blocks, our room was inward facing so very dark, took us ages to find the light switches when we got in there! Had to keep the curtains drawn too as people were looking in as they passed by. Good size room, we had two Queen beds, small bathroom with separate sink area. Beds were very comfy, air con was ok but noisy, had no choice but to keep it on as it was 110 degrees outside. Great location, close to restaurants and shops etc. Complimentary breakfast was fine, usual stuff; cereal, toast, omelettes, muffins etc. Parking, free wifi and guest laundry (although it was always in use every time I went to use it). Would recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sal R, Manager at Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Shinythindsvicky, Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay at our Downtown BW PLUS Las Brisas Hotel. Management and staff have made renovated all guest rooms for comfort and easy access for all guests. Las Brisas was designed for maximum shade in a warm environment we face in Palm Springs and as you can see as you walk Las Brisas, we provide shade for all sitting areas and walkways at Las Brisas. We have put additional lighting in all rooms for guests to enjoy all accommodations. We hope you also had an opportunity to try lunch or a cocktail during your visit to our hotel. Again, thank you for your nice comments and we hope to see you soon when you visit our downtown village we call Palm Springs! Sal Rodriguez, Manager.