We returned to the Riviera Resort & Spa for our second stay in March - April 2011. We had high expectations given our great experience in 2009, and the hotel, staff, and overall experience "wow'd" us again! The Riviera is a beautiful property with great attention to detail in design and decor, and it was such a pleasure to step inside the chic lobby after our long journey and enjoy a cocktail in the Starlight Lounge after a quick and friendly check-in experience. Despite the resort being very busy with preparations for a special event we were attending, the staff members were smiling, pleasant, and greeted/welcomed us as we walked around the property. Our suite was clean, comfortable, and well-appointed. Throughout our stay, we enjoyed various meals and drinks poolside, at Circa 59, and in the Sidebar Lounge, and each time our servers and bartenders were friendly, welcoming, and attentive - again, despite very busy conditions! Room attendants were prompt with towels when needed, and offered maid service even when it wasn't necessary. The pools and grounds were beautiful, clean, and well-maintained. When we (sadly) departed, several employees wished us happy travels and told us they were sorry to see us go already - what a nice touch! We will always stay at the Riviera when vacationing in Palm Springs, and we heartily recommend it to anyone looking for a wonderful desert experience.
The only snafu in our stay was the air conditioner in our suite. Palm Springs was experiencing an unusual heat wave (99+ degrees) during our stay, and the resort was at full capacity, and the air conditioner could not effectively cool the room below 76 degrees. This was uncomfortable at times, but as we were rarely in the room it was not a bother.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stylish and styled, eclectic, cool, bohemian getaway. Inspired by the nonchalant elegance of Slim Aaron’s photographs, The Riviera is free spirited, vibrant, playful and bohemian with a sprinkling of retro nostalgia. The whimsy of Hollywood Regency in the guest rooms merges with the eclectic spirit of the public areas and makes for a perfectly unique resort getaway in Palm Springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Riviera Palm Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Riviera Resort And Spa, Palm Springs
- Riviera Hotel Palm Springs
- Riviera Resort Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Riveria Resort