“Not just a party hotel!!! Great place for a corporate event!!!”

Riviera Palm Springs Resort
Ranked #45 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Monterey, California
“Not just a party hotel!!! Great place for a corporate event!!!”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I visited the Riviera last week for a corporate training arriving on Monday and departing on Thursday. The staff was friendly and helpful throughout my stay. Service the moment I arrived on property was fantastic from the front desk, to housekeeping, to banquet services. The room was beautiful and clean. Banquet space was modern and luxurious. Food service from the bar to the restaurant was awesome and banquet services were fantastic with creative offerings throughout the training. I would like to give props to the cocktail server in the bar, Angelina or Angelic, she remembered us every night we came in and provided excellent service!

I had read the reviews of the property prior to my stay and was truly surprised by how different the property is in real life. Although I hear it is the place to be on the weekends during the week it was calm and relaxing.

I love the style of the property and look forward to returning again with my hubby for a little getaway!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
PSRESORT, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thank you, the Riveria is a excellent meeting destination. I will share your positive comment with our staff. We hope you will return not only as a conference attendee , but come for a personal stay as well.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
  • Korean first
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 8 August 2012

After reading all the reviews on here and anxiously waiting for my stay, the hotel really didn't meet my expectations at all. The hotel itself is gorgeous, but the rooms and everything else is mediocre. I recommend visiting for the day for a drink and walking around to see the property. As for the pool, yes, it was dirty. Even on a Sun-Tue, it was pretty gross with bugs and hair. It was EXACTLY like a Vegas hotel, people screaming in the halls at 3am, loud people at the pool, overpriced food and beverages. I saw kids with their families and I have no idea how they stayed entertained with such an adult crowd. This hotel would be ideal if you wanted a crazy/dirty bachelorette party. With all the other adorable hotels in Palm Springs, this is not the one to stay at. Save your money, and go to a cuter, more intimate place if that is what you're looking for.

As for the room- the AC was NOT set correctly so the room was a sauna our first night. I was MISERABLE and so pissed. The only plus was that the bed was comfortable, but the room was HOT! When I booked the room for my birthday and the lady on the phone asked the occasion, I told her. She said she'd make a note of that in the computer. I checked in thinking they'd offer some kind of celebration drink, but no. Nothing, which is fine. But I recommend not taking the extra step to get my hopes up. The room we had was supposed to be a pool view with, what I thought was supposed to have a balcony or patio with extra square footage, did not, even when the reservation lady talked me into upgrading to get this amenity. The shower head had just about fallen off, so there was water spraying everywhere. When I got out of the shower, water covered the floor because of the leak.

We did not eat at the hotel because it was ridiculously overpriced still. Over $15 for fish tacos? No. All the other restaurants around the hotel are perfect.

I really am sad to give this a bad review, I was so hoping it would be awesome, it was not. I think everything stood out more than normal because I had such high expectations for this place. Save your money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
PSRESORT, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2012
Please accept our sincere apologies for the unsatisfactory level of service you experienced during stay . Many of the issues you expressed are and have been addressed. If you wish, please do not hesitate to contact our management team to further discuss your visit. We welcome your feedback as well as a future visit from you ,as we would love the opportunity to restore your confidence in our services and make sure it's a great experience from start to finish. Thank you for sharing your comments...

Travellers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

West Hollywood, California
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I just sent my parents here for a little getaway and I was embarassed to hear about their stay. My parents are extremely low maintenance and wouldn't normally complaint but this place is hardly a resort. The pool was dirty, the rooms average, and all my mom wanted was a hot bath in the evening but this crappy motel only had a standup shower in the room! Also, it took forever to get a few towels brought up to the room. The service was poor. I've stayed at holiday inns with more luxury.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Our apologies to your parents for there recent stay, I will have our management team reviewing this posting to insure that guests are informed of there type of room and amenities they are recieving. Please express my comments to your parents and I welcome them to try and experience the resort and one of our guest rooms with oversize bath tub?
Thank you sharing your post.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My company recently held a conference in Palm Springs and selected this hotel. From the moment I arrived, I was treated like a super VIP. Every member of the staff went out of their way to ensure I was enjoying my stay. The rooms were beautiful and had the most comfortable bed I've ever had in a destination hotel. The meeting rooms were secluded from the recreation area, so I wasn't distracted by any noise during the day. The food served in the banquet room was fresh and delicious. The girl who served us was constantly replenishing the food/coffee and taking our plates, but we never even noticed she was there. She balanced the work she had to complete with respecting our meeting by being quiet as a mouse! After the work day, I got to enjoy the gorgeous pool (with firepits!) in the evenings. What a relaxing and fun experience! I simply cannot say enough about this hotel, except I sincerely hope my company continues to host conferences here because I cannot wait to get back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
We are delighted to hear of your meeting and resort experience exceeded your expectations...
Thank you for sharing your comments and we welcome your return visit soon.
Minneapolis
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I recently stayed for a conference and have to say from check-in to departure I couldn't have been more thrilled in the staff and facilities. The rooms were fantastic, the bed was very comfortable. I did enjoy room service a few times and both were delivered swifty and correct. I can't wait to come back and enjoy it for a leisure trip!

1 Thank bstoneMinneapolis
Camilla L, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this review, 14 October 2012
Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to have you back, for business or for pleasure.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2012

The rooms were tastefully appointed, nice linens, comfortable bed and furniture. The poolside service was pretty terrible- forgotten drinks, waiting forever for the check, etc. The bar at the pool was equally terrible we waited 30 minutes for someone to acknowledge us to order food , and bartenders ignored us until we said "We want to order food!" The restaurant inside the resort was great for breakfast and service there was excellent. The Saturday scene at the pool with the DJ-was very young and very kardashian-esq but not as classy, if you can believe that (!) The smaller deep pool was nice with calypso music and more chilled out. The gym was small but fit the bill for a short stay. The spa was excellent - great massage and facial and the prices were totally reasonable. Overall, I'd recommend b/c the place was really beautiful and was nice and relaxing.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank CTDell
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 August 2012

The Riviera is a great hotel to stay at in Palm Springs. The decor is a nice vintage throw back with a lot of glamour. The rooms are nicely sized and the beds are comfy too. The staff is exceptional at helping you throughout your stay and making sure you enjoy your stay. I have visited the Riviera twice and will be back again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KirstenTellez
PSRESORT, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Dear Kirsten,

We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled that you highly enjoyed the hotel and it's many outlets. We hope to see you again soon!