“Beautiful Place”

Riviera Palm Springs Resort
Ranked #42 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
“Beautiful Place”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here last Sunday night, from a ZOZI getaway we had purchased. We both loved it. The decor in the hotel is absolutely stunning. From the carpets to the chandeliers to the mirrors on the walls, and that was just walking to our room! Inside the bedspread and pillows were awesomely decorated. The bar at the pool was fun, the staff was polite and we never went without a drink while laying out at the pool. Also, finding a chair to lay in wasn't bad either. The restaurant was nice, and the food was really good!!! And our waitor was very into descibing the food which was fun. The only negative I'd say, was that the main pool was filthy. We got in it, and there was debris, hair, and sand all over the place. We actually ended up loading up on drinks from the pool and walking over to the secondary (and smaller) pool and giong in that pool because it was actually clean. Other than that experience, we really enjoyed ourselves and would love to stay here again. Just hope the pool is clean next time. :)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
PSRESORT, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2012
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and discovered the unique decor that surrounds this resort. However, your comment on our main pool, I have our engineering and maintenance departments reviewing the pool conditions after heavy weekend use, this is unacceptable, and apologize for its condition.Again thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to your return.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (682)
  • Korean first
Malibu, California
Reviewed 8 August 2012

just like any other place in the world you have to know what you want. the grounds are stunning and the rooms are nice, buuuuut some room are amazing and some are just nice. I got a suite that had it's own jacuzzi and backyard attached that lead out to the main pool. it was phenomenal. we had guests, we drank and laid by the pool then ofter house we moved back to out suite and had a night cap. if you want luxury, get a suite. if you just wand a nice room get a basic room. and there's a big difference. there is definately better value out there but this is fairly new and trendy.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
PSRESORT, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
We are delighted you enjoyed your Sarlight suite experience, thank you for sharing about your stay and we look forward to your return visit.

Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We stayed here for one night and encountered several issues.
1) We arrive at 4pm check-in time. They tell us that is incorrect, our room is not ready it is being cleaned. We should wait for them to call us when its ready.
2) They gave us wrong directions to the parking lot. (asking us to go in the direction of the exit. No wonder the lift gate never opened!) We had to drive back around to ask the valet employees for correct directions.
3) Over an hour later we call them for a status update. It was an hour and a half later we got a room. Not pool view as we had been told.
4) The toilet had vomit stained running down the front. The carpet under the bed and TV was dirty. They missed sunflower seed shells. YUCK! worst of all the shower curtain had green phlegm spit on the inside.
5) Housekeeping never showed up, we had to walk to the lobby to find the manager to inform them of the condition of the room.
6) There were not clean towels in the pool area when we wanted/ needed them. We were told it was because the laundry room was backed up.
7) During check-out the next day there was a discrepancy with a charge that we had paid in cash at the restaurant. They charged us while they had to "investigate". We finally received a call back about 4 hours later.

In the end we did receive an upgrade of our room (which also wasn't all that clean, the couch and ottoman had stains on it) and a credit for breakfast from a nice manager named Fifi, but it wasn't worth all the trouble and discomfort we had to go through. I had very high expectations for this place in the end I got nothing but regrets. I would not go back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Gricelda B
Please accept our sincere apologies for the unsatisfactory level of service you experienced during your visit. Many of the issues you expressed are and have been addressed. If you wish, please do not hesitate to contact our management team to further discuss your stay. We welcome your feedback as well as a future visit from you as we would love the opportunity to restore your confidence in our services and make sure it's a great experience from start to finish.

Travellers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

Monterey, California
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I visited the Riviera last week for a corporate training arriving on Monday and departing on Thursday. The staff was friendly and helpful throughout my stay. Service the moment I arrived on property was fantastic from the front desk, to housekeeping, to banquet services. The room was beautiful and clean. Banquet space was modern and luxurious. Food service from the bar to the restaurant was awesome and banquet services were fantastic with creative offerings throughout the training. I would like to give props to the cocktail server in the bar, Angelina or Angelic, she remembered us every night we came in and provided excellent service!

I had read the reviews of the property prior to my stay and was truly surprised by how different the property is in real life. Although I hear it is the place to be on the weekends during the week it was calm and relaxing.

I love the style of the property and look forward to returning again with my hubby for a little getaway!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Thank you, the Riveria is a excellent meeting destination. I will share your positive comment with our staff. We hope you will return not only as a conference attendee , but come for a personal stay as well.

Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 8 August 2012

After reading all the reviews on here and anxiously waiting for my stay, the hotel really didn't meet my expectations at all. The hotel itself is gorgeous, but the rooms and everything else is mediocre. I recommend visiting for the day for a drink and walking around to see the property. As for the pool, yes, it was dirty. Even on a Sun-Tue, it was pretty gross with bugs and hair. It was EXACTLY like a Vegas hotel, people screaming in the halls at 3am, loud people at the pool, overpriced food and beverages. I saw kids with their families and I have no idea how they stayed entertained with such an adult crowd. This hotel would be ideal if you wanted a crazy/dirty bachelorette party. With all the other adorable hotels in Palm Springs, this is not the one to stay at. Save your money, and go to a cuter, more intimate place if that is what you're looking for.

As for the room- the AC was NOT set correctly so the room was a sauna our first night. I was MISERABLE and so pissed. The only plus was that the bed was comfortable, but the room was HOT! When I booked the room for my birthday and the lady on the phone asked the occasion, I told her. She said she'd make a note of that in the computer. I checked in thinking they'd offer some kind of celebration drink, but no. Nothing, which is fine. But I recommend not taking the extra step to get my hopes up. The room we had was supposed to be a pool view with, what I thought was supposed to have a balcony or patio with extra square footage, did not, even when the reservation lady talked me into upgrading to get this amenity. The shower head had just about fallen off, so there was water spraying everywhere. When I got out of the shower, water covered the floor because of the leak.

We did not eat at the hotel because it was ridiculously overpriced still. Over $15 for fish tacos? No. All the other restaurants around the hotel are perfect.

I really am sad to give this a bad review, I was so hoping it would be awesome, it was not. I think everything stood out more than normal because I had such high expectations for this place. Save your money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Please accept our sincere apologies for the unsatisfactory level of service you experienced during stay . Many of the issues you expressed are and have been addressed. If you wish, please do not hesitate to contact our management team to further discuss your visit. We welcome your feedback as well as a future visit from you ,as we would love the opportunity to restore your confidence in our services and make sure it's a great experience from start to finish. Thank you for sharing your comments...
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I just sent my parents here for a little getaway and I was embarassed to hear about their stay. My parents are extremely low maintenance and wouldn't normally complaint but this place is hardly a resort. The pool was dirty, the rooms average, and all my mom wanted was a hot bath in the evening but this crappy motel only had a standup shower in the room! Also, it took forever to get a few towels brought up to the room. The service was poor. I've stayed at holiday inns with more luxury.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Our apologies to your parents for there recent stay, I will have our management team reviewing this posting to insure that guests are informed of there type of room and amenities they are recieving. Please express my comments to your parents and I welcome them to try and experience the resort and one of our guest rooms with oversize bath tub?
Thank you sharing your post.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My company recently held a conference in Palm Springs and selected this hotel. From the moment I arrived, I was treated like a super VIP. Every member of the staff went out of their way to ensure I was enjoying my stay. The rooms were beautiful and had the most comfortable bed I've ever had in a destination hotel. The meeting rooms were secluded from the recreation area, so I wasn't distracted by any noise during the day. The food served in the banquet room was fresh and delicious. The girl who served us was constantly replenishing the food/coffee and taking our plates, but we never even noticed she was there. She balanced the work she had to complete with respecting our meeting by being quiet as a mouse! After the work day, I got to enjoy the gorgeous pool (with firepits!) in the evenings. What a relaxing and fun experience! I simply cannot say enough about this hotel, except I sincerely hope my company continues to host conferences here because I cannot wait to get back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
We are delighted to hear of your meeting and resort experience exceeded your expectations...
Thank you for sharing your comments and we welcome your return visit soon.