A modern and impressive looking hotel, with good sized and well-appointed rooms. However, our two-night stop at the Riviera was spoiled by a couple of things. We arrived on the Sunday - it wasn't a very warm welcome and no-one offered to help with luggage, finding room, etc. But it was 105 degrees and the main sunbathing area looked great, with inviting looking pools and a nice bar area with iced air to cool the customers. But wow... the music was SO LOUD!! The sound system. played continual ambient club bass&drum music so loudly that we had to leave and find a more quiet place to relax. I am a musician myself and appreciate music, but this was over-the-top loud, repetitive, banal - and inappropriate.
On the Monday we went straight to the secondary pool area, where the music was quieter. It was 108 degrees and the pool bar area was... closed!! The sound system was on some kind of loop playing Californian-themed music over and over. I must have heard 'Surfin' USA' at least seven or eight times before heading back to my room for a drink of water, feeling frustrated and disappointed at the obvious lack of consideration for guest's comfort.
When I complained at check out, I got the feeling they were not interested in listening, just smiling and trying to get rid of us.
It's a really nice hotel and you pay good money to stay there, but is obvious they are more interested in making more money by cutting corners (no pool bar service in 108 degrees?!) than actually providing a great service experience.
I will go back to Palm Springs but will definitely look elsewhere next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stylish and styled, eclectic, cool, bohemian getaway. Inspired by the nonchalant elegance of Slim Aaron’s photographs, The Riviera is free spirited, vibrant, playful and bohemian with a sprinkling of retro nostalgia. The whimsy of Hollywood Regency in the guest rooms merges with the eclectic spirit of the public areas and makes for a perfectly unique resort getaway in Palm Springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Riviera Palm Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riviera Resort And Spa, Palm Springs
- Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Riviera Hotel Palm Springs
- Riviera Resort Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Riveria Resort