“Nice hotel”

Riviera Palm Springs Resort
Ranked #46 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here in june 2014 and had a lovely time, we originally booked in for one night but stayed for two. The pool area is really nice and the great weather helped. It's a good location if you want to go to downtown Palm Springs or the arial tramway. The rooms are comfortable with lovely beds and lots of soft pillows. We sat outside for breakfast and had a lovely pool view. The service was good, the staff are friendly and we had no complaints at all. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: The fresh breakfast was really good, I can recommend the 'sammy'' omelette. My partner h...
1  Thank TraceyHertfordshire
Circa59GM, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thanks for being our guest and for taking the opportunity to lend us such kind words of the experience, Tracey. We're thrilled to have been able to offer you such an inviting and relaxing Palm Springs experience, and we hope that you utilized our complementary trolley service in exploring the nearby city; it's a great way to navigate the area with ease. We'd love to welcome you back again soon, and we encourage you to reach out to the team the next time you're headed our way!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,641)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at the Riviera Resort and Spa in Palm Springs over the weekend.
The hotel has put great interest into the resort like pool and dining/entertainment areas.
The rooms were nicely furnished, bed was comfortable. I would like to see the bathrooms updated and freshened up.
Overall we were very pleased with our choice to stay here and we will probably return.
The bikini bar pool area was very busy with mainly a younger crowd. There was a family pool that was much calmer.

Room Tip: We stayed in a poolside room with a balcony overlooking the Chiki pool, much quieter in the evening...
1  Thank 53Kathy123

We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed the dichotomy of our offerings and that you found both playfulness and relaxation in our company. We appreciate your attention to those areas for improvement, and we'll most surely pass them along to the team, who appreciates the opportunity to make your future visits even more enjoyable. We hope that you'll reach out again the next time you're in Palm Springs to share in the ongoing evolution of our historic resort!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

A modern and impressive looking hotel, with good sized and well-appointed rooms. However, our two-night stop at the Riviera was spoiled by a couple of things. We arrived on the Sunday - it wasn't a very warm welcome and no-one offered to help with luggage, finding room, etc. But it was 105 degrees and the main sunbathing area looked great, with inviting looking pools and a nice bar area with iced air to cool the customers. But wow... the music was SO LOUD!! The sound system. played continual ambient club bass&drum music so loudly that we had to leave and find a more quiet place to relax. I am a musician myself and appreciate music, but this was over-the-top loud, repetitive, banal - and inappropriate.
On the Monday we went straight to the secondary pool area, where the music was quieter. It was 108 degrees and the pool bar area was... closed!! The sound system was on some kind of loop playing Californian-themed music over and over. I must have heard 'Surfin' USA' at least seven or eight times before heading back to my room for a drink of water, feeling frustrated and disappointed at the obvious lack of consideration for guest's comfort.
When I complained at check out, I got the feeling they were not interested in listening, just smiling and trying to get rid of us.
It's a really nice hotel and you pay good money to stay there, but is obvious they are more interested in making more money by cutting corners (no pool bar service in 108 degrees?!) than actually providing a great service experience.
I will go back to Palm Springs but will definitely look elsewhere next time.

2  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I've stayed at the Riviera MANY times and it never disappoints. Both pools are incredible, each have their own benefits to offer. The sidebar has great drinks for an evening cocktail and the restaurant, Circa, is so good that it's hard to head in to Palm Springs to eat elsewhere! The staff is always so nice and helpful and there is always plenty of self parking.The decor is cool, love the chandeliers everywhere and the decor in the room is so unique. Love this place!

1  Thank Jennie P
Circa59GM, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

We're so glad to have a loyal fan in you, Jennie, and to hear that you continue to enjoy the many offerings of our resort. Please be sure to reach out to the team if there's anything we can do to make your visits more enjoyable!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We cannot say enough about the service, amenities, care, attentiveness, and overall class of this hotel. We will definitely be back and so will most of our friends who stayed there this past weekend as well. Thank you Riviera, you exceeded our expectations!

Room Tip: We stayed in the large suite facing the pool. It had a great view and served as our cabana for Satu...
1  Thank Jenn L
Circa59GM, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thanks for being our guest and for offering us such exceptional feedback of your stay, Jenn. We're thrilled that you and your friends enjoyed our playful site and the dedicated services of our team. We look forward to welcoming you back and encourage you to reach out to the team with any of your future booking needs. Thanks again, and all our best until then!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I booked a pool facing room specifically for the view and got upgraded to a suit that faced out towards the parking lot. I was not happy.

Later that evening I was awoke at 3/4am by nicely dressed people playing football in the hallway. I was not pleased.

Then around 9am the next day, I had someone knock on my door, I get out of bed to go answer it and as I am about halfway to the door, I hear the keycard entering the lock and a male opens the door. My girlfriend was meanwhile laying naked in bed, fortunately I was not, as I am used to sleeping dressed. After he poked his head in, I urgently said hello...and he pulls back his head as he closes the door. Hmm a master keycard, that must have been an employee right? I'm not feeling respected.

Then it kind of happens again. As we are packing our things, because you know we were awake after the previous fright, another knocking comes. This time they let me open the door first. Just to see if I had checked out yet...

You can chalk it up to real snotty service or really a bad roll of the dice. I believe people don't mean to be rude, I mean we are all basically nice people...Or at least that is what I'm going to tell myself.

There was one positive thing about the event. The room we got was much farther from the raging pool parties and fire pit group gathers. They were still going strong, even some of the private sweets facing the pool had dj's, bars, and edc lights flashing. That was what we saw when we walked through them to check it out before bed. The bed was nice and soft, we both really enjoyed it. My room was silent enough for me to get as best sleep as I could for being awoken multiple times.

3  Thank LuluK5
Circa59GM, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thanks for being our guest and for taking the time to share this review with us. We're extremely sorry to hear of your experiences with the team, and we'll most certainly address your concerns with them to prevent reoccurrence. We strive to afford a relaxing experience in all capacities while you're our guest, and it's clear we missed the mark in this case. We apologize for that, and we encourage you to reach out to our management team with those lingering concerns you might have. Thanks again for your stay and thoughtful feedback.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I think for the price it was good, especially if a nice pool is important to your R&R. If you like to party, Saturday night have a dj pool party but the family pool was quiet & practically empty but equally beautiful. The hallways were a little dingy but the guest rooms were surprisingly sheek-mod. The hotel offers many choices for entertainment, lounges & little mini bars throughout the main building of the property which was nice to pick from a wide variety of live cover band music, to piano lounge, to dj dance top 40 mix. Only ate bar appetizers so I cant say how the food was but my sliders were ok. The pools have bars but also pool-side attendants taking drink orders. There were alot of couples & bachelor/bachelorette groups but it wasn't overwhelming.like Vegas.

Room Tip: We were the complete LAST unit of the building so it was very quiet. But we didn't get a cool ba...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for visiting and for taking the opportunity to extend us this thoughtful review of the experience. It's a pleasure to have welcomed you to our site and to hear that you were able to enjoy a broad spectrum of our offerings. Whether you're looking to playfully engage or take a more tranquil rest by the pool, there's something for every whimsy here, and we're glad to have been able to share the experience with you. Please be sure to reach out again the next time you're in the area; we'd love to host you again!