Riviera Palm Springs Resort
Ace Hotel and Swim Club(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$196
  • Pool
Hilton Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$192
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Parker Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
US$432
US$391
  • Pool
Colony Palms Hotel(Palm Springs)
US$323
US$314
Great 4.5/5
The Saguaro Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$233
Very Good 4/5
Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$183
  • Restaurant
Caliente Tropics Resort(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$115
Very Good 4/5
Andreas Hotel & Spa(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$196
Great 4.5/5
Hyatt Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$255
  • Pool
The Monroe Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$131
Hotwire.com
Good 3.5/5
2,676 results
All reviewsmain pooljunior suiteself parkingpool scenepool viewgirls weekendgreat poolmid centurysidebarpitscabanaretrovaletdjviberathip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2014

If you are looking to relive your college spring break days, this is the place for you. If you are looking for a place where you can actually relax and sleep for a few hours, look away immediately. This is the first time I have ever stayed in a 4-star hotel where you find ice cubes scattered all over the hallway. Throughout the night, there were people yelling across the hallway. Pools are at the premise, but you will not be able to squeeze yourself in amongst drunken party-goers. If you are planning for a bachelor party or bachelorette party, this may be the place for you. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: stay away from the rooms with pool view unless you plan to stay up all night
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Circa59GM, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

We're sorry to hear that this visit missed the mark for you, Susan, and that the experiences of other guests hindered your own. We certainly strive to promote a playful and relaxing time for all, and we regret that this wasn't the case for you. Our management team would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your stay, and we hope that you'll reach out at your next available convenience. All our best until then, and thanks for your stay and continued attention.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel's decor is a bit dated, crazy patterned wall papers in the small hallways.
Room was fine, king bed with a couch and a work table.

This hotel is located a bit far from the downtown area of palm springs so if you're just interested in laying out by the pool and relaxing its great.

Pool- service from the cocktail waitress was a bit slow, she forgot our drinks once too.

Overall we enjoyed our overnight stay but all we wanted to do was relax and lay out by the pool so this hotel was perfect for that.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Daisy N
Circa59GM, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thanks for visiting and for reaching out with this feedback, Daisy. We're proud to represent our historic past through our playful, chic decor and vibe, and while this might not have been in your taste, we're happy that you enjoyed your time with us. We'd love to welcome you back to showcase even more of our site and city--including our complementary trolley service to help you navigate it with ease. Please be sure to reach out again the next time you're headed our way!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

It was my daughters idea to go to Palm Springs while we were visiting her in Los Angeles. She suggested the Riveria and made the reservation. We arrived at the resort late on a Friday and the resort was busy. We checked in which was done quickly and headed up to our room. I was really surprised when I opened the door-the room was gorgeous and the bath was very nicely done. We overlooked the pool which was party town but by 11:30 or so had quieted down. The pool area the next morning was beautiful and very quiet. The only down side was the sliding door in the room was old and did not fit in the frame correctly. We only stayed one night but it was worth it-would stay there again but this was my only trip out to Palm Springs to be fair.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dlbowman53
Circa59GM, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

We're so glad to have been able to share this first Palm Springs experience with you and to hear that you enjoyed our site and services so thoroughly. We'd be happy to welcome you back and to introduce you to even more of our playful and relaxing offerings, and we hope that you and your daughter will reach out again the next time you're looking for that perfect escape. All our best until then, and thanks again for your stay and review!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel is gorgeous. The decor is beautiful and decadent. When we turned up they offered us three rooms for my party all facing a brick wall, when we said we would like a better view, one of our group was offered a room with a small terrace overlooking the cleaning areas full of mops and buckets. The rest of us were offered smaller rooms so we all decided to upgrade ($36 approx a night). We were staying for the week and wanted a view but didn't think we would have to pay not to have a wall facing us. I picked this hotel because of the outlook and the views of the mountains, not because of the whitewashed walls. The pool wasn't the cleanest I have ever had but was pretty. At night they lit the fire pits which was a lovely bonus and very idyllic. The staff at this hotel were very pleasant and we did have a lot of help from Grant at the front desk along with the porters at the doors who were extremely helpful. The porters helped the men find the best place for fishing (most important). The bed was the most comfortable one I have ever slept in 5 * for the bed.

Room Tip: Unfortunately you have to pay to get anything decent.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mammachan
Circa59GM, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

We're happy to hear that after a bit of movement, you were able to find a room suited to your preferences and that the bulk of your visit was an enjoyable one. We take great pride in our team and their dedicated hospitality, and they'll be happy to hear these praises from you. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again the next time you're in Palm Springs, and we hope that you'll reach out directly and afford us the chance to nail your perfect room the first time through. All our best, and thanks again!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I am a Travel Agent and I must admit I must have slipped up with this one as I thought I had done my research but obviously didn't do it properly as I probably would not have chosen to stay here.

Unfortunately I was swayed by a very comprehensive combination of photos in the gallery which did not match up to the reality.

Yes the rooms were absolutely fantastic and very high class and this is what I look for in a Hotel but probably the most important part of your stay in your chosen Hotel is the first point of call at reception .

We checked in all four of us on the same booking to first be told there was only two of us on the booking when I knew full well there was two rooms booked on the same booking , we were then just given a map of the resort which was far more sprawling that I could ever imagine , it gave you the names of the Restaurants and Bars etc and little map of the resort and we were then left to our devices trying to find our way to our rooms in excess of 108 degrees .

Not once did the reception staff advise us or ask us if we needed help with our bags or indeed advise of where we would be able to have breakfast which I found very strange as everywhere in America they are so reliant of tips etc that I would have thought they would not have missed a trick with this one.

We drove around and eventually self parked our Car and walked through the very dark depressing corridors to our rooms where we were on separate floors which was bit disappointing as we were on holiday together and it had been booked together so there was no reason not to be together , I am sure they get their rooming list at least 24 hours before.

We went to the children's pool area which we found to be a lot quieter than the adult pool area where very loud music was being played , what was really nice is we arrived on the Sunday and pool bar was open with lovely cooling mist coming out to cool you down in the draining hot temperature , a very different story the following day , we had been out for breakfast etc because we didn't even know where the breakfast was being served so decided to go out but eventually when we got back we went again around the children's pool again only to find that the bar wasn't even open for drinks and some loud music was playing over the in house system again .

I do not normally like to complain but if we had been advised on check in that the bar was closed from Monday through to Thursday then at least we would have known to go else where but when we mentioned it as we checked out the receptionist advised me she was not working the day before so she did not know why it was closed , she asked her colleagues who told us that It was on the resort info that they had given us , it was in such small print you could easily miss it and surely if the bar is closed Monday through to Thursday then the receptionist should have known this so she clearly did not know the Hotels Bar opening/closing times.

I also found that when I went to sit outside in the side bar only to find that the cushions were all covered in food , I didn't actually want to sit down in fear of getting my white trousers dirty , the sun lounger cushions were very dirty and actually made you wonder what had actually been happening on the sun beds , I don't know how there can be such a contrast of opulence of the bedroom and public areas like the bars , restaurants etc and then it could be so completely different with the quality of outside furnishing that clearly needed to be replaced.

Unfortunately I will not be returning to this hotel as I am sure there are far nicer not so sprawling friendlier Hotels than this to stay in where indeed the public areas are cleaner and the bars are open for drinks along with friendlier staff

Sorry Riviera Palm Springs , I was hoping to come back and give a glowing review but alas it wS not to be

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sheena1962
Circa59GM, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

We're glad to have welcomed you, Sheena, and apologetic for the dichotomy you experienced between your room and our common grounds. We strive to create an exemplary experience, across all all facets of the property, and it's disheartening to hear that these noted elements of your stay missed the mark. We'll most surely pass the feedback along to promote the continuity we strive to achieve, and we hope that you'll reach out to the team and afford us the chance to welcome you back and to showcase our site at its more consistent and best. Our team would love to hear more from you, and we encourage you to reach out again the next time you're headed our way.