“Nice and quiet, but we didn't have running water on our last day!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Palm Springs

Days Inn Palm Springs
Ranked #49 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
MANHATTAN BEACH
“Nice and quiet, but we didn't have running water on our last day!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

The pool is great - lots and lots of space and nice and quiet. It's definitely one of the biggest pools I've seen at a hotel in Palm Springs. The hotel is very basic, not luxury accommodations or anything, but we appreciated the quiet location and not feeling cramped. It's located at the entrance of the city, with great views of the mountains. The receptionist was very friendly and attentive and any requests we had (wine bottle opener or extra towels) was met swiftly. But if there was a complimentary continental breakfast, we weren't told about it. If there was, it would have been appreciated since I'm not a huge breakfast eater. We did end up going to Ricks (semi-onsite restaurant), which was a great breakfast (friendly staff and good food).

However, there were a few things that needed updating/upkeep in our room. One was that the water in the shower never stayed at a constant temperature. It never stayed the same temperature during a short shower, which was annoying. In addition, the first night we had to shut off the AC in the night (which left us feeling uncomfortable in the morning), because it got super noisy. It still worked, but it was definitely louder than normal AC units. Perhaps it is in need of maintenance or is a little out of date.

On our final day at the hotel, after taking one last dip at the pool, I was told by my parents that I couldn't take a shower before we left before the water had been unceremoniously cut off. I don't know if this was a one-off thing or if it's standard operating procedure to cut off a room's water the day a guest checks out, but we had no notice or advance warning of it either way. At the bare minimum, we would have appreciated a notice under the door in the morning advising that the water was to be cut off the next day, but we received no notice, which made our departure highly uncomfortable and definitely soured our stay. I had to drive home without having showered after a swim in the pool, not to mention not being able to use the toilet before our departure either. We didn't notice any plumbers or obvious work going on, so I'm not sure what that was all about. It was unfortunate, because it was the sort of thing that you automatically bring up when someone asks you how your trip was.

I would definitely try the hotel again, but hopefully they spend a little more upkeep on the functional aspects of the rooms in the future and give notice next time the water goes off!

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank rabbit13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Limerick, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

We stayed here last night on our way to LA. rooms were clean and large with usual amenities. Air conditioning was very loud but needed as without it room was a furnace. A few restaurants nearby that are great for people checking in late. Upon checkout we received an invoice which had snack bar charges on it. My husband queried it and the girl at the desk fobbed him off saying it wasn't on our bill it was someone else buying from the lobby and our room no. Was randomly chosen as they don't have a separate invoice for these things. We were not charged any extra but the invoice was complicated and the girl seemed exbarasted explaining it to us....maybe we are just slow....wasn't happy with her demeanour .

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed at the hotel for one night at the end of July on our way from Las Vegas to San Diego. When we entered the room I felt like I stepped into a sauna. The temperature outside was 106 and an A/C had not been turned on. The room temperature did not reach the comfort level even at night. One disadvantage is no A/C in an interior hallway that exacerbetes the issue. The other issue is "free " breakfast. It is ridiculous. (See previous review) In addition, we could not find what to do in the town. People hang out in restaurants and pools. I would rather go to the ocean, which is about 2 hour to drive and swim in fresh water.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Figures we found the bed bug after we woke up!!! Crappy noisy air conditioner, scalded in the shower repeatedly...ugh!!!!
I am looking for a laundromat to toss all my clothes and whatever else will fit to kill any bugs that may be on them!!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ps1983, Manager at Days Inn Palm Springs, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
We had our pest control company thoroughly check this room and discovered no evidence of bed bugs in the room. The insect you found was not a bedbug, but perhaps a common garden bug that may have come in room from garden area, through an open sliding glass door. I regret that it was in your room, due to the time of year and desert environment, we do have a lot of outdoor insects that live in our surroundings. We do have a monthly pest control service that
monitors all guest rooms as a preventative measure and assure you we will continue to do so.
Long Beach, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

The room is right out of the 1950's, with an air-conditioner that is right out of that era as well. The air conditioner worked but some enterprising guest had taken the grill off so as to coax a little more power out of the dilapidated unit. There is no hair dryer, the room was superficially clean, but I did not walk around barefoot and was even afraid to use the shower. I am into economizing, but this is definitely not worth the minimal cost, and I would carefully check reviews before booking (I did not). It was about 105 degrees in Palm Springs when I checked in and the room was stifling (I had to turn on the air conditioner to cool the room, but it never really did). A slight musty odor to the A/C as well.

Room Tip: I was placed out in the 500's on the far edge of the hotel. If you have accidentally booked thi...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Duane H
ps1983, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Palm Springs, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered with your room during your stay.
We are in the process of replacing some of our A/C units and will have taken care of
that issue soon. Also, we do provide hairdryers in the rooms, they are in a bag in the closet.
We will address the other issues you pointed out so we can provide the best possible
stay for our guests.Thank you for your honest feedback.
West Babylon, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

On July 13, 2012 I checked into this "hotel" for a three night stay. I was greeted by a clerk with the personality of a dead fish who obviously did nmot want to be there. I was assigned room 504 in their most remote building. Yikes! what a dump!! On entering the room I was met with an odor that I can not properly describe on here. The AC was so week that it felt like a warm breeze (Palm Springs in the summer needs an AC that works) The bathroom well towels so old and thread bare that you could almost see though them and no longer were they white..mopre gray/brown. The toilet bowl was so stained that I could not tell when the last time it might have been properly cleaned. The shower stall mist have been "refitted" into the bathroom. The hot water knob was normal, the cold was like a large wing nut because it was too close to the corner wall . As you mioght expect I went down to the desk and cancelled the remaining two nights. STAY AWAY FROM THIS ALLL TIME DUMP!

Room Tip: you are on your own in thisplace
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank travelingfiremarshal
Dear Guest,
I regret that you had so many issues with the room during your stay with us. We will address
the problems you pointed out in the room immeadiately. We strive to always provide a
pleasant stay for all our guests, I hope you will give us another try.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

I stayed here for 3 days during the month of March 2012. At the price that I was paying, I was expecting the least, but was pleasantly surprised. The check-in staff was very friendly, (happened to be a person of Indian origin but from Fiji). The room size was adequate, but importantly was clean. The WiFi was good. There was nothing to complain overall.

Be careful about the included Breakfast. There is absolutely nothing that you get in it. They gave a coupon to be used at Ricks Restaurant on Campus, it offered nothing except a bagel and juice, ended up spending on the breakfast.

Would recommend for a budget trip.

Room Tip: If available choose a room on the ground floor, at the parking side, very easy to get in and get of...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business