“Great Hotel”

Ranked #28 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Downey, California
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was able to book a room on the first floor with a patio door that leads to the pool. I coudn't have asked for anything better. It did get a little noisy at first but it didn't last all night. The staff was very courteous and the rooms were clean, and it didn't look run down at all. Even though it was a very warm day it wasn't too far to walk for to grab a bite to add. I would recomend this hotel and i will definately be back here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My husband and I did a weekend getaway and we decided to stay here and it was nice, Clean , quiet . the hotel was like a little spa location , away for down town but only 2-3 min away from down town.. we went to the movies which was walking distance . Pool was nice . we even did our work out in their gym ( well , it was not a gym but it was enough to get the job done… )

• Staff was nice
• Place was a safe place
• The photos on the web is what you get … Modern
• Clean
• And the price was Good
• This is a place for family or adults
• There was a nice setting area outside away from the pool that the photos don’t even show
• I give it a 4 out of 5

Room Tip: pick one facing g the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
PSCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Springs, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for the nice comments about our hotel, and for staying with us. We look forward to you visiting us again.

Hemet, California
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Spending 1 night here as we have a early Doctor appointment this morning....Great...Very Clean room and the bathroom is actually a HC bathroom a able body can enjoy....you know what I mean if you require a HC room for a partner...But why do they put HC rooms so far a walk from parking and the Lobby?.
We booked this stay as we do many with Priceline, When we got to the Hotel with confirmation still on the I Phone we were told we had no reservation....and are confirmation number was not theirs....well after the office Mgr. made a few calls....we did have a reservation...A room was given to us and a complimentry breakfast which we will have this morning...looking at the menu, it should be good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you staying wtih us and for your comments. I apologize for the confusion with your reservations. I hope you stay with us again.

Blackpool, England
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We arrived here to be told that there wasn't aroom for us and the Receptionist had to enquire with the manager where we could be put. We had made this reservation around October last year so why there was an issue I don't know. Also we were then informed that there was construction work and we would hear noise from above. Again why we hadn't been informed I don't know. Luckily, the noise didn't affect us. The room that we were eventually given was very good but the bedding for the settee bed was inadequate and we had to ask for more. We needed complimentary washing powder but were informed that there wasn't any but could buy some ourselves from Right Aid across the road! When I asked when there would be some I was told probably Monday when the manager decided. I should have offered to get some for them. There is a lack of staff presence here and also a lack of pleasantries. Its nice to have a "Good Morning" or even a smile. At the Pasadena Courtyard there are so many fabulous staff that are at Reception all the time ready to pass the time of day and help you.

Room Tip: The rooms are all being updated this year.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments and for staying with us. My apologies that your stay was not as great as the last time you stayed with us. I am not quite sure what happened with your reservations but I am sure we were able to take care of it. We are currently renovating our rooms at this time and we want to make sure that all our guests have a pleasent experience as such we try not to place any guests on the side that is been renovated. As for the service at the front desk I have already addressed this issue- I hope you give us another chance and stay with us in the future in our newly renovated rooms

Sunbury on Thames
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We were staying in Palm Springs for only three days whilst touring. This is an ideal location to base any visit to Palm Springs, . It is only a few blocks from downtown Palm Springs. There is a shuttle bus from the hotel to the downtown area.
All the staff were helpful and friendly and the room was clean and a good size. It had a balcony which overlooked the courtyard. The bar had a good stock of drinks but has a limited range of cocktails. Meals are available in the cafe or as room service. There is a very nice pool area within the hotel courtyard. There is ‘Wifi’ in the rooms and the receptions area also has good internet access with printers.
Would stay here again next time we are in Palm Springs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gordon T
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments and for staying with us. We hope to see you soon in the near future, I am glad to hear that our service was great and the room was clean.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed here for 1 night on the way to las vegas, What a lovely hotel.

The reception staff are amazing very helpful and very friendly

The room was great we had a room on the top floor with a pool view and balcony. A little dated but everything you need and clean which is the main thing.

The pool was great and great for the hot weather of palm springs.

There is a free shuttle to the centre of palm springs and just give the hotel a call when you want picked up.

I would stay at this hotel again if back in palm springs.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I was looking for a hotel that was close to Palm Springs (PSP) Airport, that had shuttle service to PSP and that wouldn’t cost me an arm and a leg. After my search, I chose this hotel for all of these reasons. The price was perfect for my one night stay. I wish I could remember the gentleman’s name who checked me in, but he was great. He informed me of the evening shuttle times to downtown and times to PSP. I took advantage of the shuttle to downtown and had a nice sit down dinner and called when I was ready for the shuttle to pick me up. The ride to the airport was less than 10 minutes. ALL of the employees that I interacted with were friendly, informative, helpful and courteous. The room was a nice size and clean. The only negative was that the towels were thin and old. You will definitely get your money’s worth (without spending a fortune) at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo