“No Frills”

Ranked #27 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“No Frills”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here for several nights during May 2013. I was in town for business. This is a very basic, no frills hotel (as you would expect). The rooms are predictable in every way. The place was clean and quiet. The hotel does not have any real dining. In the morning, a breakfast bar is open and it has a limited menu. No food for lunch or dinner. When I booked the hotel, I was hoping I wouldn't need a car because the hotel is close to the airport and was right across the street from my meetings. Like everywhere in CA, however, you need a car. Palm Springs has many great restaurants but it will be a long walk from this hotel, which is kind of on the outskirts of town. Not much around it. Plus, walking is even more difficult when its over 100 degrees. So, if you're staying here, my biggest advice would be: get a car. I ended up walking back to the airport and renting a car after I got there. Should have just gotten a car from the beginning.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
PSCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Springs, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments, your feedback is appreciated. I was a little surprised when i read your comments, as our hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. We also provide shuttle service to the Downtown Palm Springs area at specific times in the evening. We also provide a shuttle at 12noon to the Downtown area. We provide shuttle service to the convention center as well. I am sorry that you were not informed about all of these options. We are located about about 1 mile from the airport and downtown.

Our Bistro is open for breakfast and dinner - we also serve starbucks coffee throughout the day.

Again, my apologies and I hope you give us another chance.

Sincerely
Vanessa Perera

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Our family had a get together at a cousin's home in Palm Springs and we needed accommodations that were close enough so that when we returned late at night we didnt have to go too far.
The Courtyard by Marriott Palm Slrings was that place, We had children in tow.. Summer was hot and we wanted to make sure there was a pool for the kids to frolick in.
I patronize Marriott hotels as much as I can because of their great service , great staff, comfortable beds, soft and clean bed sheets, lots of pillows, clean rooms and good WiFi access. Their prices have gone up in the last few years but I make sure to reserve well ahead of time to take advantage of any specials. for our stay here, It paid off to reserve way in advance for this reason. And, because of this predictability which is the hallmark of a Marriott hotel property, we were glad to stay with them... No surprises, no complaints... Everything as expected... Thank you,Marriott for keeping up the good work!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank EWWSanFrancisco
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is an average courtyard property located several blocks from the downtown area and a few blocks to the convention center. There is a shuttle to downtown for a few hours in the evening though. Rooms are average for a courtyard, furniture is in good condition, fixtures need updating.
This facility also has the Bistro food/beverage area which is open for breakfast and dinner (food for purchase). There are no restaurants real close by, a 10 min walk to mexican/sushi. The real standout here is the staff. Front desk staff is VERY good - helpful, courteous, and nice. Bistro staff also has great personalities. I would stay here again, just because of the experience and staff - even though the location is not ideal.

Room Tip: Odd rooms are shady in the summer, evens get the sun - on the small balconies.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Twentynine Palms, California
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here with a friend for a teachers convention at the end of April and was very impressed with the customer service I received during my stay. The lobby staff, cafe staff and housekeepers were so warm, personal and professional, I felt like I was amongst family. The rooms were excellent and the beds were very comfortable. The atmosphere of this hotel superseded my expectations. It was chic, relaxing and welcoming. Thank you to every staff member who made my short visit inviting.

• Stayed April 2014
Dorset
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Nothing wrong with this hotel, welcoming staff, clean comfortable rooms. We missed the Happy hour unfortunately, but the breakfast was very nice.
I tried the pool and it was great. I had it to myself most of the time as there were only one or two other people sitting around the pool. I tried the hot tub. I know it's not described as a Jaccuzi but should it not bubble or something? it was just like sitting in a warm bath. I saw no controls, so I got out again.
I would reccomend this hotel, but I doubt I will have any reason to return, there is nothing much to attract me to Palm Springs as I don't play golf. The ariel tram was very good, but its a CABLE CAR not a tram!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Montana
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Prompt late-night shuttle from the airport (many hotels in Palm Springs have shuttles that quit at 10pm and we arrived at midnight). Friendly staff, comfortable bed, good high speed internet. If you're a walker, it's walking distance to "downtown" Palm Springs which has great shops, restaurants etc.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank xantippy
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This Courtyard did not disappoint. The hotel is close to the convention center and plenty of Palm Springs entertainment. Be careful if you are walking, the street is dark and there is a section without a sidewalk. The hotel staff (CJ in particular) was very nice. They went above and beyond. This was the second time that I stayed at this hotel when visiting the area for a convention.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business