“5 Stars - No Doubt!”

Ranked #28 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Los Angeles, California
“5 Stars - No Doubt!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I wish I had more hands so I could give this place 4 thumbs up. I have zero beef with Marriott properties, whatsoever. They are clean, spacious, the locations are prime, and the service is excellent.

I've stayed at the Hyatt and PS Riviera before and this Courtyard gives them both a run for their money. Yes, the Riviera is a different class, so comparison isn't all that fair, but Courtyard doesn't charge that stupid resort fee, which gives them an advantage. I hate that resort fee. Greedy much?

Anyhow, this gem is located right off the strip in downtown Palm Springs. It's tucked away so there is an element of privacy that we really enjoyed. Plus, we had an unobstructed view of the mountains. Can't beat that.

Check in was a breeze - they had our room ready even though it wasn't 4 pm. The room itself was really big, with a spacious balcony. The work desk was large enough to hold all of our crap (and we had A LOT) with room to spare. The beds and pillows, as usual, were super comfy and clean. The sink/closet area was separate from the bathroom - which is something I absolutely value because it allows two people to use the facilities at once. It makes things much more efficient. I was also able to secure a late check-out, which was nice.

While all this was great, the one thing that stood out for us was the SERVICE. It far surpassed anything I'd ever experienced at a non 4-5 star hotel. I called the front desk for towels and toiletries and they promptly sent them. Well, we had leftovers we wanted to eat and asked if their Bistro had utensils we could use. The gentleman (I can't remember his name - blonde guy - you know who you are cuz you are DOPE!) who delivered the items told us that they have both plastic & metal utensils and that we were free to use them at no charge. SCORE! Just as I was about to head down to the Bistro, I hear a knock on our door. It's the same guy! Why did he return, you ask? To bring us 4 sets of utensils! WHAT? REALLY?!? YOU ROCK! We thanked him profusely. That experience alone sealed the deal.

We didn't see bugs, no stains anywhere, pool & jacuzzi were clean and well stocked with towels. Definitely a 5 star experience. Next time I'm in Palm Springs, I'm staying here, no question.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room with a view of the mountains. Sunrises & sunsets are beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank MissesJai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Typical Courtyard layout with a modern lobby area and bistro. Very friendly check in from Nani who sorted out our request for a 3rd floor room with balcony overlooking the mountains.
The room was a good size with fridge, flat screen TV and sofa. Free WiFi was good. All areas looked to be in good decorative order.
Took advantage of the free shuttle to visit the downtown VillageFest but decided to walk back, it took about 20 minutes.
Good location as a base to visit the attractions at the top end of the valley. Good WiFi connection.
Would stay again.

Green Features: Ask for a room on an upper floor with views of the mountains.
Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gerardty
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights in June. The staff was very friendly and the rooms clean and comfortable. As we've been on several Marriot Courtyards on our trip through the western US, I can say that this was 'not the best'. All together, I would rate it with 3 1/2 trip advisor stars.
You can not do anything wrong if you decide to stay here, but there are maybe better options around palm springs for travellers.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank thalaima
PSCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Springs, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. Our guest rooms were just renovated so I am not sure why you mention that the hotel was not to your satisfaction - I am sorry you felt that way. Marriott always keeps their hotels refreshed every 6 years. The hotel is located just 1 mile from the airport and downtown and we provide complimentary shuttle service to the airport and also the downtown areas for our guests convinience.

Fort Bragg, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The best feature of this hotel is the front desk staff. John was especially helpful and friendly. This is not a resort hotel, so if you're looking for a vacation feel, this isn't it. However, if you want a really comfortable bed, a quiet atmosphere, laundry facilities and the usual little coffee pot and refrigerator, this could be your place. There is no room service, but the snack bar in the lobby provides actual meals, a Starbuck's or a glass of wine. The hotel also offers shuttle service to & from the airport, and hourly shuttle service to downtown every hour for several hours each night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
PSCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Springs, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback and for complementing John on his excellent customer service. We have a great staff here that beleive in the spirit to serve. I am glad you enjoyed our services and facilities. We are not a resort hotel, but we take care of our guests and make sure they have teh best experience possible when they are here. We have a great pool, newley renovated rooms and a wonderful Bistro that serves breakfast and dinner.

Again ,Thank you and I hope you continue to stay with Marriott

Orange, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have been returning to this Courtyard for the past 16 years, it has never disappointed us. We are now bringing friends with us whenever we go. The management, staff, rooms and ammenities are all wonderful. The jacuzzi was working beautifully, the pool is clean, the temperature is just right. It is close to everything without being in the middle of everything! We like to attend functions at the McCallum Theater in Palm Dessert (Rancho Mirage) and make cetain we can get reservations at this Courtyard. Have never been disappointed!

Room Tip: Just let the front desk know what your preferences are before you arrive if possible.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel is a good find. It is within walking distance ( if you don't mind a long walk) of all the downtown attractions. It is very quiet and peaceful here and the pool area is very nice. This hotel offers great value for the money and all the employees are very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank salty d
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed at the courtyard Marriott in palm springs over the 6/6/2014 weekend with a friend. The first night we arrived we found several insects, but assuming that it was the heat, we dealt with them. The second night, we walked into a room with a massive flying cockroach. We went downstairs to ask front desk for help and CJ berated us, calling us names and denying the bug issue (pictured here). She refused to give us the corporate number or a manager to speak to. I am the thankful to say her awful behavior was caught on our camera. We called corporate and they told us they could give us a room at a neighboring hotel but I'd have to pay. There was no available supervisor to help with the situation and we were left homeless at 3am after already paying for a room! No complaint resolution skills after hours I guess!? The bugs were insane but even worse was the customer service!!! I will
never stay at a related hotel. I am so disgusted by so many elements of the servicing experience! Tsk tsk Marriott for the lack of responsibility and brand preservation efforts. You've certainly lost the business of multiple corporate patrons.

Direct quotes caught on video from CJ:
"This is the desert, there are no flying cockroaches"
"If I didn't see it I can't do anything about it"
"Now that I've switched your room you can't get a refund (proceeds to laugh)"
"Why are you still standing here talking to me?"
"I don't have to be nice to you"
Furthermore, while on video, she pretends to call 9-1-1, and when asked why she didn't actually call the police, she says nothing

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Ncmartinez7
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments - My apologies that you had a bad experience at our hotel. I do beleive that my Operations manager called you the next day and handled the situation for you and did give you a complimentary stay. I am sorry that our desk agent did not handle the situation well with you. Our hotel prides itself on cleanliness and the Marriott standards and We do not have issues with bugs, this is a rare occasion.

Again, my apologies and I will continue to use your feedback to improve our service.