I chose the Viceroy from the pictures on the website. It looked very cute, art deco-ish.. little retro... but still modern. It lived up to the pictures and more. I found the entire staff warm, helpful and genuinely interested in making my stay as wonderful as possible. I was in Palm Spring on "business" but had a lot of "down time". I love all the pools, the cute bar,(have the margarita with the organic tequila- best ever)... and the spa. The spa was particularly good. Well appointed, beautifully decorated, but most importantly- the masseuse was fabulous!! and I LOVED my room. I booked a Wetherleigh suite- the bed was divine, linens and pillows were heavenly....furniture in the living room was a little odd- I liked the stylized chairs, but the sofa was just kinda "70's" uncomfortable. I dined in Citron restaurant every night as I was by myself and didn't want to go off property. The food was so delicious- every night was better than the night before. Harrison and all the wait staff took incredible care of me; made me feel at home ! I also met the chef by accident on my third day - when I gushed about how divine his food was - he explained on how they fly fish in every day - everything made in house... It was just plain delicious!! Don the head of guest services was top notch as well. He does his job with such ease and makes everyone feel welcomed. He gets an A+++++. All in all - a great time and great experience. ps-- I was there during a wedding too... I wasn't inconvenienced in the least... tho I can see how maybe one could be with the size of the property .... I hope you can visit when there isn't a wedding. I will certainly be back!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A jewel box nestled in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, the historic Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs rests at the foot of the rugged San Jacinto Mountains on four acres of fragrant, beautifully manicured gardens. Its Spanish architecture punctuated by a series of secluded, private bungalows, calls forth the iconic, storied Golden Age of Palm Springs, exuberantly updated with Hollywood Regency interiors by renowned designer Kelly Wearstler. At Avalon every experience has been hand-curated by a team of collaborators and bona fide hotel aficionados. You might say it's a calling. A penchant for wanderlust. A mind for singular retreats and unrepeatable vibes. We hold an affinity for one-offs, anomalies and the irrefutable allure of a personal touch. Our trademarks are small batched. Think of us as your own private hideaway. All you have to do is stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, MrandMrsSmith, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Viceroy Hotel Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Viceroy Hotel