“LOVE STORY 2009”

Ranked #20 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Los Angeles, CA
“LOVE STORY 2009”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2009

I fell in love with the Viceroy during my first visit this March, and have been back 4 times in the past 5 months. I am officially in love with this charming hotel.
I stay in the same suite every time I visit, and am always blown away by the Viceroy's funky decor and hip yet laid-back vibe. I adore the crazy comfortable beds, and always sleep like a baby when I am there.
What really convinced me that I had found a gem in Palm Springs is the wonderfully charming and friendly staff. We especially adore George, Tom and Jason at the front desk, who are all incredibly helpful, hilarious, and sincere. Don Devine and Diego, the two gentlemen who are in charge of guest relations and hotel management, have been exceptionally attentive to any needs we have had, and have taken care of any monor glitches. Ask for a poolside room on the first floor. You will be STEPS away from the lounge chairs and beds, and can run in and out of your room. I love, love, love the Viceroy, and would like to be president of their fan club.

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rtuvi
diefab, General Manager at Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs, responded to this review, 23 August 2009
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are delighted that you have become one of our devoted fans and are thrilled at your desire to become the President of our Fan Club. Thank you for acknowledging all of our team members. We are all passionate about providing intuitive service to all of guests and it is our joy to be able to make every guest feel at home and become part of our family. On behalf of our entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Your favorite suite awaits you...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2009

Overall I would say that the service of the hotel was excellent - staff greeted us by name, continually checked with us at poolside if we needed anything, and were extremely apologetic and generous when a bottle of wine we ordered was spoiled (they gave us a new bottle, comped bottled waters and desert).
I like the intimacy of the pools, even though you can certainly find larger and fancier ones in PS.
The only real downside are the rooms - they're dated old school PS that are trying a bit too hard to be retro hip, but failing. But then again, I didn't stay here for the cool rooms, but to hang by the pool and have some nice dinners.
Citron is good and has an excellent staff. Not a top-notch restaurant but certainly good and acceptable for the price.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
diefab, General Manager at Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs, responded to this review, 18 August 2009
Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay at the Viceroy Palm Springs and wish to thank you for acknowledging our service. Our team takes pride in providing a memorable experience to every guest. I have shared your comments with the rest of our colleagues. On behalf of the Viceroy team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon
Fresno, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2009

My husband and I spent 2 nights at The Viceroy in Palm Springs last weekend. We were given the smallest room that they had, which was chic, yet dirty and old (scuff marks on the walls, etc...). We ordered room service for breakfast, and 8 hours later we came back to our room to find our trays still there, and that no one had bothered to come in and clean the room, freshen our towles or refill the mini-bar. I had to call twice, and finally resorted to walking around the hotel until I found a maid to give me some fresh towels. The place is so worried about being "hip" that they have completely forgotten about customer service.
When we returned home I realized that I had left my glasses in the room, and called to have them sent back to me. I said I would pay for overnight shipping. Well that was 4 days ago and I still don't have my glasses! Next time we'll stay at The Parker.
I have always loved The Viceroy for dinner and drinks, but it was a big disappointment to stay there.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
diefab, General Manager at Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs, responded to this review, 14 August 2009
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your constructive feedback and would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay. I was extremely surprised to read your comments about the service. We are dedicated to guest satisfaction and it is because of our service that we have so many return guests. Rest assured that what you experienced is not the norm for us. I also apologize for our delay in sending your glasses. They have been sent overnight with our compliments. I hope that this experience has not marred your overall impression of The Viceroy and that you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence and restore your faith in us. In the mean time, we remain at your service.
desertboi28
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

I live in Palm Springs. I visit the Viceroy at least 3-4 times a week for meals and cocktails and on Sundays for the "Sunday Sessions" pool party. The staff at the Viceroy has always gone above and beyond to make every visit great.

They make it a point to get to know who you are, what you like and remember your name. Whenever asked where to stay by friends and family, I highly recomend the Viceroy.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
diefab, General Manager at Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs, responded to this review, 5 August 2009
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are very proud of our staff as it is them that make us who we are. Every effort is made to ensure a memorable and unique guest experience. I am delighted that you have become one of our local followers and look forward to meeting during your next visit to Citron or during one of our “Sunday Sessions”! On behalf of the Viceroy team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

The staff was courteous & accommodating, the room was lovely. A beautiful weekend escape.

Only downside were the kids outside the room at the pool.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay at the Viceroy Palm Springs and wish to thank you for acknowledging our great service and accommodations. Apart from an award-winning restaurant, design and service, our pools and grounds set us apart from the other hotels for the perfect weekend getaway. On behalf of the Viceroy team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2009

My friend and I decided to take a long girls' weekend down to Palm Springs and we chose the Viceroy based on the reputation of the Santa Monica location and because they had a great discounted 'Breath Easy' package. I highly recommend staying in one of the cottages in the Regency Court, though if you're used to everything brand new you may not appreciate. There's a bit of a rustic vibe in the 30s deco-esque decor but also modern amenities (TV, wifi, etc), nice bath products and the biggest shower I've ever been in. Despite the noise of the AC it was pretty much quiet (the AC can't be helped)., The other reason to stay in the Regency Court rooms are the lovely grounds and pool. You can get 'pool service' for drinks/food and the service was pretty attentive. The frozen grapes were a nice touch. Plus the Regency Court rooms are close to the spa, which is nice but not the best one I've ever been to. (I also heard from a woman who had stayed many times that they had gotten stingy with the products in the spa changing rooms.) I did appreciate the complimentary yoga classes. The food there is quite good and they have a nice wine list. The cocktails were pretty superb as well, though the bar area was pretty quiet on a Saturday night. There's also a family pool area that's separate from the other two pools. The value was definitely worth it for the package we got.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
diefab, General Manager at Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs, responded to this review, 31 July 2009
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am glad that you decided to give us a try based on the reputation of our sister property. I am delighted that you took advantage of our “Breath Easy” package which is an excellent value for our guests. I have shared your comments with our team. The staff here is proud to assure a comfortable guest stay and provide a unique experience. On behalf of the Viceroy team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2009

This was a very good deal at $140 or so for a night but it did not feel like a luxury or trendy boutique like the Viceroy in Santa Monica. The front reception area looks very under-decorated, especially for being designed by Kelly Werstler. The crowd was great and fun-loving and the drink I had was delicious but the room was small and nothing special. No fun minibar and no special toiletries. I would rather pay twice as much and stay at the Parker next time for that funky retro cool feel. One plus was the wifi which was accessible by the pool, included in the price which was nice.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
diefab, General Manager at Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs, responded to this review, 17 July 2009
I am glad that you were able to enjoy one of the many great deals that we are currently offering and that you got to enjoy the great vibe at the Viceroy. I do however regret to learn that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Comments such as yours assist us in maintaining our commitment to our guests. I hope that this experience has not marred your overall impression of The Viceroy and that you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence and restore your faith in us. In the mean time, we remain at your service.