Colony Palms Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Alcazar Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
View Hotel
Movie Colony Hotel(Palm Springs)
View Hotel
Los Arboles Hotel(Palm Springs)
View Hotel
Hyatt Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
  • Pool
Andreas Hotel & Spa(Palm Springs)
Park Inn(Palm Springs)
View Hotel
WorldMark Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
  • Pool
All reviewspurple palmboutique hoteloutdoor tubpool areamini bardeluxe roomromantic getawaypoolside servicegreat boutiqueold schoolmid weekprivate patiobeautiful poollounge chairsopen hoursthe parkerthe main strip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We just hosted our wedding at The Colony Palms June 8th - 10th, 2012, taking over all 56 rooms for the weekend. We married on Friday night at sunset, partied until morning, and awoke to a bloody mary and mimosa bar. Then, after lounging and drinking all day by the pool, the evening met us with a BBQ. The weekend was nothing short of perfection -- chic, sophisticated, elegant, cool, and outrageous. Brett and Linda created an understated ambiance filled with class, something you can't manufacture. It sprouts from the property.

As hotel snobs, we have stayed everywhere in Palm Springs from The Parker to Viceroy to The Ace. None of them can remotely compete with the European style and electricity of The Colony Palms. The Parker caters to the masses, as they were purchased by Starwood years ago. The Viceroy, albeit excellent, has grown too important to accommodate everyone on an intimate level. Which leaves us with The Colony Palms -- an oasis transported from a forgotten era.

We are hesitant to recommend the hotel, for if you experience half of what we lived, we're afraid the charm and magic will vanish as more people discover this hidden gem.

Our weekend was truly special, far beyond any words we could express on Yelp. You're crazy to go anywhere else in Palm Springs.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

We spent 3 lovely days here & I don't think I have ever been so relaxed. The hotel itself is beautiful. The grounds are well-kept, there are plenty of comfy & clean lounges around the pool, the room was clean. I was overjoyed by the bzillion towels that they provided, as well as the huge tub.
Okay...I do have to lodge one complaint (but one that is easily avoided): Room #9. Don't do it! It is right off the entrance to the hotel & we could hear everyone coming & going. This includes the clean up crew at 5:45AM that was mopping up the floors & pushing around buckets. Also, we could hear the guy in the room above us like he was sitting in the closet. It was kind of eerie. He was talking about his favorite dessert - it has a graham cracker crust. THAT is how well we could hear the noise upstairs.
The intermittent valet service was a bit odd. We decided to go for an early hike & nobody was around. No valet. Nobody at the desk. Only the aforementioned bucket crew. So, we had to call from our room to the front desk to get our keys. The person that brought them out to us looked like she maybe was sleeping, so I felt a bit bad for bothering her. There is self-parking available. I would highly recommend using it if you are planning on needing your car before 8AM.
That said, the staff is great. They know perfectly well how to get things done without being intrusive. They've even gone so far as to implement an in-ear communication system so you aren't hearing walkie talkies all over the place (which is the case at Hotel Zoso, btw). I know by now it sounds like I'm super sound sensitive. Honestly, I'm really not. But, the silence is definitely something you notice when you are finding yourself so comfy & relaxed at this place.
The moroccan decor was perfect - not too over the top or anything, so you don't feel like you are staying at some crazy theme hotel. Everything was subdued & tranquil.
I have no doubt that I will often day dream about lazing at the pool in the evening with the soft chatter of the diners in the restaurant across the pool, a tasty drink in my hand, & not a care in the world.

4  Thank rebekahkf
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My partner and I just returned from a fantastic few days in Palm Springs at the Colony Hotel. I have stayed here a few times but never had the opportunity to relax poolside as we did. The staff were gracious, attentive and friendly and the other guests' vibe was great.
The Colony Hotel's intimate scale was lovely and the ambiance around the pool was reminiscent of Palm Spring's golden years back in the day. The food and drink we had at the restaurant and bar, which open up to the pool, were delicious and everything made with fresh ingredients. Having stayed at a number of other properties in PS, the experience you get here can't be beat and the backdrop of the mountains behind the property is gorgeous.
Our room was a Superior King and we found the linens, bed and bathroom to be top notch. There is a lot of attention to detail.
We plan to come back in a month all the way from NYC expressly to stay here and hope to try a casita this time.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

This hotel calls itself "a four stars boutique hotel," but we give it five! We loved the old Spanish style which has been well preserved with the modern, renovated rooms. Sitting poolside has a nice ambiance and the restaurant is charming with amazing food. We can't wait to go back and plan to join their membership club complete with upgrades and resort credits. We prefer the Colony Palm to the large, modern Palm Springs hotels and find it very well priced.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2012

First found the Colony Palms last year on Jetsetter, and had an incredible stay in a casita. It was Palm Springs' restaurant week so we dined at Purple Palms nearly every night of our stay. But it was also incredibly hot in mid-June and quite a few of the local shops and restaurants had closed for the season. This year we returnedaim mid-April and took advantage of Colony Palms' amazing location to venture out a bit more. Our room was a deluxe king and I actually preferred it to the casita since it had a fireplace and leather chair. There are so many things to love about this hotel, but our favorites are the pool, the service and the fact that it's pretty adult focused. The pool chaises are plush, there were always plenty of towels and their strawberry mojitos and mint lemonades were refreshing. The service at the hotel is excellent in that it's unobtrusive and consistent. The housekeepers seem to work more quietly than at other hotels, and happily come back to your room if you missed them on their standard schedule. Turndown service with fresh baked cookies was a nice touch too. And when most hotels jump at the chance to charge guests for a late check-out, the team at Colony Palms was more than happy to extend us a little extra time since our flight was departing so late in the day.

Two areas for potential improvement would be the pillows - which are just too thick for my neck - and the elliptical in the gym which is so loud I wouldn't be surprised if I distributed the spa guests.

Overall, Colony Palms is an excellent hotel when you want to be centrally located, well taken care of, and are looking for a romantic getaway with poolside relaxation. I will absolutely be back next year.

Note: although we found the hotel on Jetsetter, I'd recommend booking directly with the hotel. They honored the lower rate we saw online plus they put us in the most private casita.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple