“Wonderful oasis in Palm Springs”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Colony Palms Hotel

Colony Palms Hotel
Ranked #30 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful oasis in Palm Springs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel is small but charming and felt perfect for our first visit to Palm Springs. We arrived on a typically hot day and immediately headed to the pool area where staff are on hand to get you drinks, food and recommendations of where to go locally to explore the town. The whole place has a very old school, vintage glamour to it with tasteful, original decor and lovely little extras such as a fully equipped cocktail bar and luxurious toiletries. I also booked in for a massage at the spa which was a treat and we were in walking distance from a variety of good restaurants (we ate at the Workshop was was INCREDIBLE and did gorgeous cocktails). A lovely stay for one night and great location in Palm Springs.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SunSuse

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and i have stayed here many times. love the hotel, pool, restaurant and staff - if you go to PS, give this place a shot. The history of the hotel is really interesting and it is the right size - great boutique space.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wolffpk
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

The entrance is beautiful and and draws you into the central area where a Moroccan motif begins to appear. Beautiful pool, tables set with white table clothes by the pool, cabanas where you can eat or chat with friends. The rooms are magnificent. The lights that are turned on for your arrival are strategically placed to provide a sense of warmth. The wall mounted tv has relaxing music playing and the welcome letter is on the pillow. The bathrooms are huge and the shower is enormous. A fully stocked wet bar with back lighting adds to the feeling of being in a five star hotel (many of which don't compare). An amazing staff, amazing food and a real treat. I was sorry that I had to go to another hotel the following night. Definitely give this one a try.

Room Tip: If you order room service (the food is phenomenal), make sure you are ready to eat because my dinner...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Very happy that we decided to stay at this hotel over some of the more "namey" hotels in Palm Springs.

The grounds are perfect and intimate, the room was very well appointed and the FOOD was amazing, I must say I was shocked that for a smaller hotel to have such great food. Really a lovely place.

The waiters at the restaurant were fantastic and very attentive to both restaurant guests and those lounging at the pool.

The pool was lovely, although getting a lounge could prove to be a little difficult as some guests try and reserve their spots first thing in the morning and leave stuff there all day only to return later in the afternoon.

A wonderful hotel for which I am sure to return too...

Room Tip: Try for upstairs as the ground floor rooms with two stories can hear people above.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Wonderful hotel and excellent customer service. The rooms are small but well appointed. The pool area is super fun -- lots of interaction between guests and the vibe is very relaxed and laid back. Great food and drinks -- the bartender Brandon really knows his stuff and took great care of us during our stay. Brian, the restaurant manager, was very friendly and made sure everyone had a great time. Overall, it was a great experience and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Margaret B
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We checked in here for a night after spending the day at the premium outlets.
Colony Palms was a very good experience...only that we come from India and the rooms have an Indian style decor. So yeah...that was refreshingly close to home.
It wasn't entirely inexpensive...given that Palm Springs is popular for the outlets and of course, the casinos.
It's recommended...it's a good place to stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed at this property for 5 nights arriving May 17th, 2014 and spent over $3000. Upon arrival, the hotel seemed to be quite inviting with a lovely garden, pool and restaurant/bar area. Upon entering my room (Casita#3) I was pleasantly surprised by the nice decor and quiet secluded location of the room. The problems started when I went out onto the patio. The jacuzzi tub had a faded, torn fabric covering it and the "L" shaped seating area was covered with fallen leaves. As it was late afternoon, I decided to not say anything as I wanted to get on with my evening. The next morning while having my coffee on the now completely covered benches, I noticed something on the inside of the window between the glass and the drape. Upon closer inspection, I realized it was a rather large cockroach. Needless to say, I was a bit freaked out but decided immediately to kill it, which I did and it fell half dead to the floor. At that point, I didn't know what to think but decided to write a note to the manager before I left for the day to San Diego where I had a business appointment. As I was leaving the hotel, I left the hand written note in an envelope clearly addressed to the manager with the front desk clerk.The note outlined my concern about the cockroach and the dirty cushions. I also asked that a broom be left for me on the patio so I could clean it myself. Upon my return from San Diego the next morning (meeting went longer than anticipated), I entered the room expecting to find either a note or voice mail from the management regarding my concerns. Much to my shock and surprise there was nothing. Later that afternoon as I was leaving the hotel to do some shopping, I stopped at the front desk and asked the desk clerk for the manager's business card. I thought perhaps the message I left was not delivered to him ( Mr. Jason Perry ) and that an email would be more effective and discrete. Once again by the following morning there was no reply. At this point, I really didn't know what to think but decided to leave it alone in hopes that someone would eventually contact me before I checked out or even upon my departure. Two more days went by and still I heard nothing from the management.

The morning of my departure, as I was reading the paper and trying to enjoy my coffee on my dirty patio, I noticed again, another cockroach between the glass and the drape on the inside of the window. Needless to say, at this point having been ignored for 5 days and now finding another cockroach, I was incensed. Because I was so upset and not wanting a confrontation at the desk upon check out, I decided to call the front desk, tell them I was now leaving and to put the charges on my card and email me the receipt. I was half hoping that perhaps now at the last minute someone would offer me some kind of apology but again, nothing! Upon returning home and having more time to think about the situation, I decided to call the hotel and ask for the email of the General manager whom I discovered was not Jason Perry. This got me thinking that perhaps my messages were being filtered and not getting through to the people who should really be hearing about these things. The girl who answered the phone gave me his email (Mr. Nocon) and I proceeded to write to him explaining what had happened to me with the expectation that finally, I would receive some kind of a response seeing as this email was going the "General manager". Not only did I not receive a reply but, it became obvious after several attempts,that my email had been blocked by their server. I received several notifications saying that it was not being received from the hotels server and that google would keep trying but didn't know why it wasn't going through. Can you imagine how frustrated I was at that point?

Bottom line here is, that this hotel has a nice overall feel to it but can not be taken seriously when their customer's complaints are blatantly ignored. I tried a total of 4 times to reach out to the management of this hotel to no avail! If my concerns had been addressed or even replied to, I probably would have given this hotel 3 an 1/2 stars out of 5. I have traveled all over the world and stayed in many fine establishments but never, have I felt so ignored and my concerns to be of no importance. There is obviously some sort of melt down happening in the front office of this hotel so, be warned, if you can get by the cockroaches and dirty patios, good luck having any other problem you may have being addressed! I will never stay at this hotel again and con not with a clear conscience, recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
10 Thank Anthony H
CPHManager, Manager at Colony Palms Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Greetings Anthony, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with us at the Colony Palms Hotel and to assure you that this is not a typical guest experience at CPH. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly to discuss your stay at info@colonypalmshotel.com.